Arsenal FC & 5 Others Betray Their Fans. Their History & My Reason For Living.

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
Black Sunday having watched a game on TV between Man UTD & Burnley it was announced that Arsenal. Man UTD. Liverpool. Chelsea. Man City. & Tottenham Hotspur had signed up with 3 top Italian clubs Juventus. AC Milan. & Inter Milan and 3 top Spanish clubs Real Madrid. Barcelona & Athletico Madrid to form and play in a European Super League in which the twelve would be permanent members. Would automatically qualify to play every year and could never be relegated.

Ex Man UTD & England defender Garry Neville gives his damning verdict.

I still haven't got over the shock and who is responsible for this assault on what every English football fan holds dear. Owners of Man U. the Glazers. Who has always been hated by their own football supporters. The sleezy verminous shitbags. Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke similarly hated. These bastard yanks think they can do what they like and the fans of these great clubs will just take it, but they have gone far too far this time. The bastards would sell their own granny for $1.50. Then we have billionaire owner of Chelsea FC Roman Abramovich. This Russian dew dawg raped the Russian people of their oil revenue and although wanted for Tax fraud back in Russia is for some reason (perhaps being a billionaire has something to do with it) is allowed to reside in Britain.
The other clubs all have the same thing in common, - filthy rich foreign owners who couldn't give a toss about their club's fans. The traditions and history of their clubs and are only ever interested in one thing, screwing the clubs and the fans for every dollar they can squeeze out.

This is likely to end in violence. Boris Johnson came out yesterday and pledged to do everything he can to stop the destruction of our national game by these "bottle merchants" as Gary Neville calls them.
Me I can't put into words how much I hate them.

Black Sunday having watched a game on TV between Man UTD & Burnley it was announced that Arsenal. Man UTD. Liverpool. Chelsea. Man City. & Tottenham Hotspur had signed up with 3 top Italian clubs Juventus. AC Milan. & Inter Milan and 3 top Spanish clubs Real Madrid. Barcelona & Athletico Madrid to form and play in a European Super League in which the twelve would be permanent members. Would automatically qualify to play every year and could never be relegated.

I still haven't got over the shock and who is responsible for this assault on what every English football fan holds dear. Owners of Man U. the Glazers. Who has always been hated by their own football supporters. The sleezy verminous shitbags. Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke similarly hated. These bastard yanks think they can do what they like and the fans of these great clubs will just take it, but they have gone far too far this time. The bastards would sell their own granny for $1.50. Then we have billionaire owner of Chelsea FC Roman Abramovich. This Russian dew dawg raped the Russian people of their oil revenue and although wanted for Tax fraud back in Russia is for some reason (perhaps being a billionaire has something to do with it) is allowed to reside in Britain.
The other clubs all have the same thing in common, - filthy rich foreign owners who couldn't give a toss about their club's fans. The traditions and history of their clubs and are only ever interested in one thing, screwing the clubs and the fans for every dollar they can squeeze out.

This is likely to end in violence. Boris Johnson came out yesterday and pledged to do everything he can to stop the destruction of our national game by these "bottle merchants" as Gary Neville calls them.

So what's actually BAD about it?? After all it's only a game.

Greg

What is bad about it?
First of all the English game is based on a pyramid system. You have the Premier League at the top - the 20 best teams in England & Wales. Then the Championship, the next 24 teams. Then another two divisions. Finally a league with teams all trying to get promoted into the football league proper.
The Premier League is generally acknowledged as the best and most competitive in the world and draws in a phenomenal amount of money. TV rights etc. A substantial amount is taken from the PL to help finance the lower leagues right down to grass roots football including schools.
Each season the top four teams to finish in the PL go into the European Champions League which is a very lucrative money spinner. The next three to finish in the PL qualify for the Europa league which also brings in big money.

This new Super League would replace both the Champions League and the Europa.
The twelve teams in it would automatically qualify each year - a closed shop. They could never be relegated.
The Premier League would overnight become a pointless competition. The six English clubs as I've said would have already qualified for Europe regardless of where they finished in the PL.
They say their clubs would still play in the Premier. These games are played at the weekend where European games are played in midweek.
It is widely expected that these clubs would play their best players in the Super League and play a weaker second team in the Premiership which would both weaken its appeal and affect its TV value. The PL would become just another run of the mill league and without attracting the money they do now the pyramid system will collapse. On present form the six teams in question are not the best. Arsenal are currently 9th and Liverpool struggling to hold 6th. Tottenham are 7th and along with Man City have won little compared with the others.
The six though have huge fan bases with supporters clubs all over the world.

It breaks my heart to say it but Arsenal FC the club I have supported for 59 years since the age of six, with having signed this intent must along with the others be ostracised most severely. They should be thrown out of the Premier League. Banned from taking part in both the FA Cup and the League Cup. Their players if taking part in this new competition should be banned by FIFA from playing for their country. Fans must boycott all games. When they finally go bust Arsenal's home the Emirates Stadium must be bulldozed. This will serve as a warning to greedy owners that ignoring the wishes of their fanbase will have the most severe consequences for their business models.

Hope Greg this answers your question.

Professional soccer has always been pretty much a joke. The players are good athletes but the theatrics make the game an odd mix of con and kabuki theater. Slow motion replays helped to make this ever so clear.

That is one hell of a xenophobic rant. Are any of the owners Jewish?

The game has been moving from its roots since the Sky deal a few decades back. Everything has been done to facilitate he big clubs at the expense of the smaller clubs.

In fact all of the clubs criticising this would join this venture tomorrow.

Our greatest victory was beating Arsenal in the cup and that will never happen again. The top clubs have devalued the cup to the point that any giant killing would now be meaningless.

Its just turning it into a sick nfl type exhibition sport where there are no consequences for losing and no reward for winning.

Clubs will be allowed to move to bigger markets soon as well.

The game has been moving from its roots since the Sky deal a few decades back. Everything has been done to facilitate he big clubs at the expense of the smaller clubs.

Our greatest victory was beating Arsenal in the cup and that will never happen again. The top clubs have devalued the cup to the point that any giant killing would now be meaningless.

Its just turning it into a sick nfl type exhibition sport where there are no consequences for losing and no reward for winning.

All over Oz. This one didnt last long did it?
Its very rare that the people win.
Fuck JP Morgan.

All over Oz. This one didnt last long did it?
Its very rare that the people win.
Fuck JP Morgan.

Yes but this has made me even more cynical.
I think the whole thing was a ploy. 72 hours after announcing to the world the 'big' six had signed up to form a 'Super league' and after the inevitable criticism by fans and pundits alike, one folds, and they all fold.

The Glazers. have been getting shit from English fans for 20 years, they know exactly how English fans feel about how football should be treated. Abramovich has been around for 20 years owning Chelsea FC. John W Henry (there used to be a very famous US racehorse called John Henry, no doubt owned by his family) will know how Liverpool fans think and feel about money grabbers taking over the game when holding protests over ticket prices a few years back. So I have no doubt they knew exactly what the reaction from fans. pundits. media and the fact they kept it secret from their managers and captains of the teams suggest s strongly that they knew they would get an adverse reaction even from them as well.

I believe Real Madrid & Barcelona were behind it as they are both in deep financial shit.
Ironic that they were touted as the two best and richest clubs in the world a few years ago. Something that every club should aspire to. How the mighty fall!
The six I think just played along with it. It should also be noted that they knew UEFA was about to announce a new improved Champions League with more teams that would have given them more money and they used this bogus SL as a threat to make sure they get the lion's share. As for their apologies, I think they were quite laughable. If the likes of John Henry's groveling apology to the Liverpool fans is a true reflection of how badly he really weighs up a situation he would have never got to be John W Henry multi-billionaire in the first place. They all knew exactly what they were doing. The universal condemnation it would reap, and their exit strategy well in advance.

All six should still face disciplinary action. Relegation to the championship and banned from Europe for at least two years. Otherwise, they can just start planning their next destruction of European & English football.

Forum List

Back