Arizona's presidential electors being harassed, urged not to cast vote for Trump

Trump is a narcissist, a pathological liar and a borderline sociopath. That should be enough to convince the electors not to vote for him.

First, Donald Trump has not been elected yet. The electors have been elected.

Second, Alexander Hamilton, the chief proponent of the electoral college justified it:

to ensure that “the office of president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States."

Third, I sent emails to all electors asking that they do not vote for Trump. I have received several replies, one of which says:

"you have every right to lobby an elector. I welcome the contact from a fellow American."

If there was ever a time that the electors should prove the worth of the electoral college - by not voting for Trump, this is the time!

to ensure that “the office of president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States."

Sounds like they foresaw a Hillary run

"you have every right to lobby an elector. I welcome the contact from a fellow American."

Standard brushoff

If there was ever a time that the electors should prove the worth of the electoral college - by not voting for Trump, this is the time!

Considering the lack of qualifications of Clinton, they no choice but to vote for Trum

Funny, but stupid!

How many millions behind after taking out illegal aliens?
100 million behind if you can stretch your imagination that far

It's not imagination in the slightest. You're bragging about winning a rigged vote / subverting the citizens of this great country. GTFO with that shit.
You're bragging about Trump winning even though 30 million of the votes for him were actually Russians hacking the voting machines.

Link?

It'd be a hack link. If there was any truth to that the MSM would be having a field day.
Not necessarily true. The MSM has entertained all kinds of conservative nonsense over the last several years.

I thought you muppets liked the idea of the electors, and not the voters,

electing the President.
The electoral vote for who the people chose in their state. You can hate the results, but it wont change a thing. Libtards are fascists and they lost. Now they can suck each others dicks for comfort

Hey, you may have got something correct, that's amazing; however, can the results be changed? Yes they can!

A million more votes have gone to HRC and Trump stands to be elected in December. The Electors have the final say, and there is a real possibility some of these Electors, though chosen by the Establishment Republican Party, will put our country first. We've seen this play before, and a second act by the neo cons is the last thing we need.

It will take real courage (for they are sure to have a target put on their collective backs) if they do so and HRC is awarded the prize. Karma for 2000 when hanging chads and a single vote in the Supreme Court put Dick Cheney and the neo cons into power.

BTW - Just for the record - I do not believe that there is a chance in hell the electors will not vote for Trump.

electing the President.
The electoral vote for who the people chose in their state. You can hate the results, but it wont change a thing. Libtards are fascists and they lost. Now they can suck each others dicks for comfort

Hey, you may have got something correct, that's amazing; however, can the results be changed? Yes they can!

A million more votes have gone to HRC and Trump stands to be elected in December. The Electors have the final say, and there is a real possibility some of these Electors, though chosen by the Establishment Republican Party, will put our country first. We seen this play before, and a second act by the neo cons is the last thing we need.

It will take real courage, for they are sure to have a target put on their collective backs, if they do so and HRC is awarded the prize. Karma for 2000 when hanging chads and a single vote in the Supreme Court put Dick Cheney and the neo cons into power.
too funny son, go with that. yeppers.

Second, Alexander Hamilton, the chief proponent of the electoral college justified it:

Third, I sent emails to all electors asking that they do not vote for Trump. I have received several replies, one of which says:

Thank you. How does one go about e-mailing the electors?

Trump is a narcissist, a pathological liar and a borderline sociopath. That should be enough to convince the electors not to vote for him.
no, this is funny and stupid.

What is really funny is that so many Trump supporters actually believe the things he said. They believe that he's some anti-establishment hero that will 'drain the swamp'.

Trump is a New York con man..he just sold you all the Brooklyn Bridge. He stands for NONE of the things he claimed to. He's as elitist as elitist gets.

I would be happy if congress impeached Trump. I may disagree with Pence's politics, but at least he's a psychologically stable and well meaning man.

Thank you. How does one go about e-mailing the electors?

Email members of the Electoral College

What is really funny is that so many Trump supporters actually believe the things he said. They believe that he's some anti-establishment hero that will 'drain the swamp'.

Trump is a New York con man..he just sold you all the Brooklyn Bridge. He stands for NONE of the things he claimed to. He's as elitist as elitist gets.

I would be happy if congress impeached Trump. I may disagree with Pence's politics, but at least he's a psychologically stable and well meaning man.
well me personally, I'd like to see him take office ahead of someone asking for him to be impeached so there was some evidence of wrong doing. but today, all you got is more hate spewing.

well me personally, I'd like to see him take office ahead of someone asking for him to be impeached so there was some evidence of wrong doing. but today, all you got is more hate spewing.

I have no doubt that it will not be long before Trump commits an impeachable offense. I do not think he has the capability of acting within the law as President. He is used to dictatorial powers running his businesses - he seems to be combining the two already. The question will be whether congress has the political will to do so.

"Arizona’s presidential electors are reportedly being hit by a flood of emails and phone calls demanding they defy the voters in their state and choose Hillary Clinton instead of President-elect Donald Trump -- as part of a last-gasp bid to overturn the election.

Since Trump’s surprise victory on Nov. 8, those opposed to his election have engaged in a number of strategies to attempt to nix the election or declare it invalid. Protests, many of them violent, have erupted in cities such as Portland and New York City.

Now in Arizona, a state which voted for Trump, activists are trying to overturn that by pushing the state’s members of the Electoral College to vote for someone other than Trump. The 11 members were chosen by the state Republican Party and are scheduled to assemble on Dec. 19 to cast their votes."

It's fitting that Democrats are urging those in / with power to ignore the will of the people and to impose Liberal will on the people instead! That pretty much sums um Obama, Hillary, and the entire Liberal-Hijacked Democratic Party

"Bruce Ash, another elector and Arizona’s GOP national committeeman told the Republic he had also received hundreds in what he called “an outright political maneuver.” He said many of the calls were hateful.

"They demonize me, they call me a homophobic, an isolationist, a bigot, a misogynist, and an anti-Semite, which is interesting because I'm Jewish," he told the Republic."

Sound like what Hillary did to the victims of Bill's criminal sexual assaults, harassment, and rape! :p

"Sharon Geise said she has received as many as 8,000 overtures, and now doesn’t even dare to answer her phone. "

Liberals engaging in criminal harassment, intimidation, and threats...kinda like how Liberals like to govern. :p

“Hillary’s got a great campaign going,” she (Geise) said."

:lmao:

Arizona's presidential electors being harassed, urged not to cast vote for Trump

They should track down the callers and emailers and charge their asses with harassment and extortion. Let them spend their life savings on attorneys. Of course State officials would have to do it, the DOJ is worthless.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Defying the "will of the people"? On November 8, Americans went to the polls, cast their ballots and gave Hillary Clinton over a million more votes (and growing) than Trump received. If the "will of the people" was being honored, Americans wouldn't find themselves being held hostage to Trump's erratic personality quirks and his 3AM tweets.

I'm sorry to say that the citizens of our country are going to end up having the worst case of buyers remorse in recorded history, and it's probably going to happen even before Trump takes the oath of office.

Nobody is denying "the will of the people", just the will of the people that voted for the candidate that lost.

Apparently you didn't get the memo, the United States is a Republic not a Democracy.

:popcorn:

I'm not crying about it. I'm simply stating what I believe to be true. Frankly, I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE to believe that candidate Trump was just some kind of manufactured personae which Trump created for no other purpose than to garner free press, and the REAL man behind that manufactured mask was (and is) a serious, thoughtful person who will govern both well and wisely, Unfortunately, ALL the available evidence points in the opposite direction. In this particular case, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong because I would take absolutely no joy in saying, "I told you so." There's just too much at stake.
Then what's all this "will of the people" nonsense? just makes you look like you have no idea how are Republic works and why the founders chose a Republic rather than a Democracy.

There's nothing "at stake", Clinton or Trump, the choice was an extremely poor one to begin with, Clinton the EVIL you know or Trump the EVIL you don't , the Republic chose to gamble on a hope & prayer that Trump would actually represent a change any change, but in the end the song remains the same. .....

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" --- The Who, Won't get fooled again.

Sounds like they foresaw a Hillary run

Standard brushoff

Considering the lack of qualifications of Clinton, they no choice but to vote for Trum

Funny, but stupid!

Funny, but stupid!

actually, neither

Defying the "will of the people"? On November 8, Americans went to the polls, cast their ballots and gave Hillary Clinton over a million more votes (and growing) than Trump received. If the "will of the people" was being honored, Americans wouldn't find themselves being held hostage to Trump's erratic personality quirks and his 3AM tweets.

I'm sorry to say that the citizens of our country are going to end up having the worst case of buyers remorse in recorded history, and it's probably going to happen even before Trump takes the oath of office.

Nobody is denying "the will of the people", just the will of the people that voted for the candidate that lost.

Apparently you didn't get the memo, the United States is a Republic not a Democracy.

:popcorn:

I'm not crying about it. I'm simply stating what I believe to be true. Frankly, I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE to believe that candidate Trump was just some kind of manufactured personae which Trump created for no other purpose than to garner free press, and the REAL man behind that manufactured mask was (and is) a serious, thoughtful person who will govern both well and wisely, Unfortunately, ALL the available evidence points in the opposite direction. In this particular case, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong because I would take absolutely no joy in saying, "I told you so." There's just too much at stake.
Then what's all this "will of the people" nonsense? just makes you look like you have no idea how are Republic works and why the founders chose a Republic rather than a Democracy.

There's nothing "at stake", Clinton or Trump, the choice was an extremely poor one to begin with, Clinton the EVIL you know or Trump the EVIL you don't , the Republic chose to gamble on a hope & prayer that Trump would actually represent a change any change, but in the end the song remains the same. .....

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" --- The Who, Won't get fooled again.

Though I marked you post 'Winner', I'm really not confident of Trump's psychological stability. That's the difference between the two.

electing the President.

A million more votes have gone to HRC and Trump stands to be elected in December. The Electors have the final say, and there is a real possibility some of these Electors, though chosen by the Establishment Republican Party, will put our country first. We've seen this play before, and a second act by the neo cons is the last thing we need.

It will take real courage (for they are sure to have a target put on their collective backs) if they do so and HRC is awarded the prize. Karma for 2000 when hanging chads and a single vote in the Supreme Court put Dick Cheney and the neo cons into power.

th

It's fitting that Democrats are urging those in / with power to ignore the will of the people

The will of the People was to elect Hillary Clinton.
Over 1.1 million votes ahead atm

How many millions behind after taking out illegal aliens?
100 million behind if you can stretch your imagination that far

It's not imagination in the slightest. You're bragging about winning a rigged vote / subverting the citizens of this great country. GTFO with that shit.
After taking out the rigged voting, Clinton was ahead by more than three million votes.

Forum List

Back