This County Gives A Glimpse At The America That Voted Trump Into Office

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“I’m a registered Democrat, but the Democratic Party ain’t for the working people anymore. Hillary Clinton lied on so many issues that I can’t trust her for anything.”

A little over 74 percent of voters in McDowell County, West Virginia, cast their votes for Donald Trump in November’s presidential election.

Dimitrios Manis, a photojournalist based in Washington, DC, recently traveled to McDowell County to talk to residents to find out what made the area such a stronghold for Trump. The county, largely dependent on the mining industry, had a population of over 50,000 residents in the 1970s, but has a population below 20,000 now, according to U.S. Census data.

Here’s what he saw:

582cb70e1a00002500cc844d.jpeg

Lydia Morgan is a small-business owner in Welch, West Virginia: “I voted for Trump because I like that he says what he thinks no matter what. I am like that too. Also, I couldn’€™t disagree more with Hillary Clinton on the abortion issue.”

582cb70a1700002500e7ad61.jpeg

John Belcher of Kimball, West Virginia: “€œIn this election we had two shitty choices and we chose the shit that stink less.”

582cb70a1700002500e7ad60.jpeg

Kimball resident Michael Acosta: “€œThe politicians for the last few years are taking our jobs and putting everybody on unemployment. They want us to live with unemployment benefits so that they can control us. I don’t want their money; I want a job. I voted for Trump, because I think he will fix the economy, not only here, but in the whole country.”

582cb70b1700002600e7ad62.jpeg

Ed Sheradon, a 93-year-old World War II veteran: “I didn’€™t vote in this election. I see no meaning of this. Whoever goes to the White House will do whatever he/she wants to do and won’€™t give a damn about us.”

582cb70c1800006a0730e7ab.jpeg

McDowell County Commissioner Cecil Dale Patterson: “€œAll these years we voted for politicians that promised everything and did nothing. Our county is dying and nobody cares. So, this time we voted for somebody out of this group. I don’€™t know if he will do what he said, but let’€™s give this man a chance. Look at us, we have nothing to lose!”

582cb70c1700002600e7ad64.jpeg

Welch resident Jack Bailey: “I’m a registered Democrat, but the Democratic Party ain’t for the working people anymore. Hillary Clinton lied on so many issues that I can’t trust her for anything.”

582cb70d1a00002400cc844c.jpeg

As the poverty is rising, drug trafficking and addiction became a major problem in McDowell County. Gary Gilbert was a drug addict for more than 20 years and the last two years is clean; as he said “Life here is really hard. There are no jobs, no money, no future. So, when you are high you don’t feel the depression, you are happy. I couldn’t vote but if I could I will vote for Trump cause I believe he will bring back our jobs.”

Good luck, West Virginia, on your new president. It remains to be seen how many lies Trump told you.

Last edited:
“I’m a registered Democrat, but the Democratic Party ain’t for the working people anymore. Hillary Clinton lied on so many issues that I can’t trust her for anything.”

A little over 74 percent of voters in McDowell County, West Virginia, cast their votes for Donald Trump in November’s presidential election.

Dimitrios Manis, a photojournalist based in Washington, DC, recently traveled to McDowell County to talk to residents to find out what made the area such a stronghold for Trump. The county, largely dependent on the mining industry, had a population of over 50,000 residents in the 1970s, but has a population below 20,000 now, according to U.S. Census data.

Here’s what he saw:

Lydia Morgan is a small-business owner in Welch, West Virginia: “I voted for Trump because I like that he says what he thinks no matter what. I am like that too. Also, I couldn’€™t disagree more with Hillary Clinton on the abortion issue.”

John Belcher of Kimball, West Virginia: “€œIn this election we had two shitty choices and we chose the shit that stink less.”

Kimball resident Michael Acosta: “€œThe politicians for the last few years are taking our jobs and putting everybody on unemployment. They want us to live with unemployment benefits so that they can control us. I don’t want their money; I want a job. I voted for Trump, because I think he will fix the economy, not only here, but in the whole country.”

Ed Sheradon, a 93-year-old World War II veteran: “I didn’€™t vote in this election. I see no meaning of this. Whoever goes to the White House will do whatever he/she wants to do and won’€™t give a damn about us.”

McDowell County Commissioner Cecil Dale Patterson: “€œAll these years we voted for politicians that promised everything and did nothing. Our county is dying and nobody cares. So, this time we voted for somebody out of this group. I don’€™t know if he will do what he said, but let’€™s give this man a chance. Look at us, we have nothing to lose!”

Welch resident Jack Bailey: “I’m a registered Democrat, but the Democratic Party ain’t for the working people anymore. Hillary Clinton lied on so many issues that I can’t trust her for anything.”

More: This County Gives A Glimpse At The America That Voted Trump Into Office

Good luck, West Virginia, on your new president.
Are these the awful racist red necks you liberals keep talking about?

And the left's meltdown continues, Trump hasn't even been sword in yet and they are unhinged. When Trump begins signing bills into law and shit cans all of Obama's executive orders, opens up federal lands to oil and gas drilling, new coal mines, shit cans mountains of government regulations on business what will the left do then?

And the left's meltdown continues, Trump hasn't even been sword in yet and they are unhinged. When Trump begins signing bills into law and shit cans all of Obama's executive orders, opens up federal lands to oil and gas drilling, new coal mines, shit cans mountains of government regulations on business what will the left do then?

Yeah, and continue cutting the tops off mountains in West Virginia for coal and polluting the air and water. Life will be great. Black lung? What black lung?

The Democratic Party has four core values:

1. STEALING
2. LYING
3. HATING
4. DISCRIMINATING

and no matter how hard the media lies about that, the truth is something the American voters are beginning to understand.

Here’s what he saw:

As the poverty is rising, drug trafficking and addiction became a major problem in McDowell County. Gary Gilbert was a drug addict for more than 20 years and the last two years is clean; as he said “Life here is really hard. There are no jobs, no money, no future. So, when you are high you don’t feel the depression, you are happy. I couldn’t vote but if I could I will vote for Trump cause I believe he will bring back our jobs.”

Good luck, West Virginia, on your new president. It remains to be seen how many lies Trump told you.
Are we supposed to be angry at them? Laugh at them for being rural?
No.

Yeah, and continue cutting the tops off mountains in West Virginia for coal and polluting the air and water. Life will be great. Black lung? What black lung?

Coal is recycled plants and animals, its green. Where are you going to get the energy the country desperately needs, shit it out your ass?

Here’s what he saw:

Are those the deplorables you lefties hate so bad?

Best people I've ever known--most honest, fair, hard working and kind--come from rural America. Fuck that.

They sound like good people to me. But then there's the last sentence in the post.

My step-father the Lt. Col. is from West Virginia. Masters in PS, veteran WWII / Vietnam.......

Here’s what he saw:

Are we supposed to be angry at them? Laugh at them for being rural?
No.
What needs to be done is revisit in 4 years and ask them how their life is after 4 years with the Drumpfster.

Forum List

Back