Arizona to Make Surprise Inspection of Abortion Clinics

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
No warrant needed according to this aljazeera America story.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's signing of bill allowing for snap inspections at abortion clinics will likely lead to another legal battle.

Brewer on Tuesday signed House Bill 2284, which allows the state’s Department of Health Services to conduct surprise inspections at abortion clinics without first obtaining a search warrant. The governor issued no statement with her list of enactments.

Well, we know the ACLU and other liberals will immediately take this to court. How dare they try to stop of murder of innocent lives? Read the story @ Arizona to allow surprise abortion clinic inspections | Al Jazeera America

Do they need a warrant to randomly inspect hospitals?

Does the health inspector need a warrant to inspect a restaurant or food store?

I have no idea. I was asking a serious question. Abortion clinics should have to abide by the same regulations as hospitals, not restaurants.

Hospitals should be randomly inspected without giving them time to prepare for the inspection. Abortion clinics should have no inspections, they should not exist! If there is ever a legitimate reason for an abortion to be performed, it should be done in a hospital birthing room. These These street corner abortion clinics are nothing more than infanticide centers. They would fit right in in NAZI Germany.

Police need search warrants. Regulatory agencies charged with oversight do not.

Police need search warrants. Regulatory agencies charged with oversight do not.

Then why the need for the new law? I'm not seeing the whole picture.

The laws need to be applied equally, so if hospitals can be inspected without notice, abortion clinics should likewise and if they weren't before, why not?

Does the health inspector need a warrant to inspect a restaurant or food store?

I have no idea. I was asking a serious question. Abortion clinics should have to abide by the same regulations as hospitals, not restaurants.

Hospitals should be randomly inspected without giving them time to prepare for the inspection. Abortion clinics should have no inspections, they should not exist! If there is ever a legitimate reason for an abortion to be performed, it should be done in a hospital birthing room. These These street corner abortion clinics are nothing more than infanticide centers. They would fit right in in NAZI Germany.

I don't disagree with your sentiments, my only concern here is that laws are equally applied. Abortion is legal, as distasteful as that is.

I'm making a guess at this.

Hospital operate under an Accreditation Board that inspects them to ensure they abide by the standards set by the board - a form of medical licensing.

Restaurants operate under licenses, one of the requirements is to accept period inspections to ensure they meet health standards.

Abortion clinics? I don't know. The doctors running them are subject to rules established by their medical boards. But, the operation of the clinic is something worth looking into.

Left, right or whatever this is silly. The deal came after the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found that snap inspections at the clinics are illegal because women's privacy rights are at risk. Do they feel the same about hospitals and emergency clinics? Do they do snap inspections of those places?

I see nothing wrong with surprise inspections, we used to be given warning where I worked sometimes, at other times the Health Department just walked in unannounced- to ensure we were following proper procedure at all times and not just when we had warning.

Forum List

Back