Hank Aaron Tells It Like It Is.

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Found this piece on Hank Aaron getting honored on the 40th anniversary of breaking the Babes homerun record. He made the following comment and of course all the inbreds had a fit. Why are people upset the living legend is telling it like it is?

Braves receiving racial letters regarding Hank Aaron's comments - CBSSports.com

"We can talk about baseball. Talk about politics. Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he's treated.

"We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country.

"The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts."

I am sure old Hank has seen many days of racial problems when he was a player. I saw him in 1973 at CandleStick Park in California...no home runs that day...

29029_image.jpg

Only makes sense that Hank would support a Party that had a KKK Grand Kleagle as Senate Majority Leader

Found this piece on Hank Aaron getting honored on the 40th anniversary of breaking the Babes homerun record. He made the following comment and of course all the inbreds had a fit. Why are people upset the living legend is telling it like it is?

Braves receiving racial letters regarding Hank Aaron's comments - CBSSports.com

"We can talk about baseball. Talk about politics. Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he's treated.

"We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country.

"The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts."

Yeah, this is really great stuff, you know bridge-building and all that.

He's just taking the president's cues. Real heroic.

I am sure old Hank has seen many days of racial problems when he was a player. I saw him in 1973 at CandleStick Park in California...no home runs that day...

Many of the elder Black people echo the same sentiment having actually lived through the overt hate and bigotry. I'd always trust their judgement even if I did not have the same opinion.

Many of the elder Black people echo the same sentiment having actually lived through the overt hate and bigotry. I'd always trust their judgement even if I did not have the same opinion.

And many don't, painting with a broad brush again, the one you always complain about the right using?

I can't really answer the OP's question, except to ask "Are these the same kind of 'people' who sent Mr Aaron letters with *death threats* when he was about to break Ruth's record?"

Forum List

Back