Arizona is screwed

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
if a Republican wins the McCain or Flake seats.

Seeing the choices, I'd have to stay home.

"Republican Rep. Martha McSally is the Washington establishment's favorite, with a resume that includes time as an Air Force colonel. She's played up her allegiance to Trump but faces two outspoken conservative opponents: Former state Sen. Kelli Ward, who lost to McCain in a 2016 primary, and former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the 86-year-old immigration hawk once convicted of criminal contempt of court but pardoned by Trump."

Comments, opinions?

To this day I still can't believe that the electorate kept voting McCain into office.

To this day I still can't believe that the electorate kept voting McCain into office.

Incumbents win 94% of elections.

Americans are creatures of habit and love familiarity.

"I RECOGNIZE THAT PERSON'S NAME"......DERP!

It's why people can be in Congress for 50 years without ever having held a real job. MAJOR FLAW IN THE SYSTEM AND WHY WE NEED TERM LIMITS.

Joseph Michael Arpaio is an American former law enforcement officer and politician. He served as the 36th Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona for 24 years, from 1993 to 2017, losing reelection to Democrat Paul Penzone in 2016.

Arpaio styled himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff". Starting in 2005, he took an outspoken stance against illegal immigration. In 2010, he became a flashpoint for opposition to Arizona's SB1070 anti-illegal immigrant law, which was largely struck down by the Supreme Court of the United States. Arpaio is also known for investigating former U.S. President Barack Obama's birth certificate, and, as of 2018, he continued to claim without evidence that it was forged.

Arpaio has been accused of various types of police misconduct, including abuse of power, misuse of funds, failure to investigate sex crimes, improper clearance of cases, unlawful enforcement of immigration laws, and election law violations. A Federal court monitor was appointed to oversee his office's operations because of complaints of racial profiling. The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct. Arpaio's office paid more than $146 million in fees, settlements, and court awards.

Over the course of his career, Arpaio was the subject of several federal civil rights lawsuits. In one case he was a defendant in a decade-long suit in which a federal court issued an injunction barring him from conducting further "immigration round-ups". A federal court subsequently found that after the order was issued, Arpaio's office continued to detain "persons for further investigation without reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is being committed." In July 2017, he was convicted of criminal contempt of court, a crime for which he was pardoned by President Donald Trump on August 25, 2017. In a separate racial-profiling case which concluded in 2013, Arpaio and his subordinates were found to have unfairly targeted Hispanics in conducting traffic stops.

Arpaio stated in a September 2017 interview with American Free Press that he would consider running for office again, including the United States Congress, if President Trump asked him to. Arpaio has announced his intention to seek the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate in 2018.
He's the perfect candidate for Republicans to all but confirm that many Democrat attacks against them for being cruel and racist are completely reasonable.

Arizona is racist, fuck them, right?

MLK day and all...

in my limited experience-----I have observed---that ARIZIONIANS truly despise
Mexicans-----other than those Arizonians who are mexicans

So they should be all Republican in their voting, because Republicans are racist....but their House Representation is 5/5. 1 Pub in the Seante, One vacancy.

Seems balanced to me.

Arizona is racist, fuck them, right?

MLK day and all...

in my limited experience-----I have observed---that ARIZIONIANS truly despise
Mexicans-----other than those Arizonians who are mexicans

So they should be all Republican in their voting, because Republicans are racist....but their House Representation is 5/5. 1 Pub in the Seante, One vacancy.

Seems balanced to me.

Representation is 5/5. 1 Pub in the Seante, One vacancy.

Huh?

McCain dead, Flake not running

2 vacancies

"Republican Rep. Martha McSally is the Washington establishment's favorite, with a resume that includes time as an Air Force colonel. She's played up her allegiance to Trump but faces two outspoken conservative opponents: Former state Sen. Kelli Ward, who lost to McCain in a 2016 primary, and former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the 86-year-old immigration hawk once convicted of criminal contempt of court but pardoned by Trump."

Comments, opinions?
I could not vote for Joe despite agreeing with most of his immigration positions. He's too old and bitter. We need a new generation of politicians.

Don't know anything about the others. Ultimately my opinion is moot as I don't live there.

The crazy left just loved that transgender freakazoid even though he/she/it had no idea of the issues but if the candidate is an articulate qualified genetic woman you can bet your ass that the sissie left will hate her. That's just the way it works in the upside down world of liberalism.

Comments, opinions?

A red Arizona would be beautiful ...

sedona-arizona-red-rock-secret-mountain-wilderness-nadine-and-bob-johnston.jpg

Comments, opinions?
If McSally wins yes then they are screwed. She is just another Flake/McCain. That moron Arpaio is costing Ward the race and letting a RINO win the nomination...idiotic move.

If I lived in Arizona i would certainly vote for Arpaio.

The man is 86.

Not only would I not vote for him, I'd vote against anyone else that age running for office.

Yo, watch your back? If CNN or MSNBC sees your Racist Rant about his Age? They will tear you a new asshole! He is a Latino, you know the Hitler Democrat Party is trying to use them for Votes right now, especially the Illegal types!!!

"GTP"
19_illegal_immigrants_in_NC_voted_in_201_0_53093371_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Forum List

Back