Argentina's Milei shuts up critics with miracle turnaround of economy, strong security policies

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You mean smaller government and deregulation works? Libertarians push for this and are deemed the enemies by both sides. Of course it works, it just doesn't work for those big donors who want their free money at the expense of the Middle Class and rest of the economy.

I am tired of libertarians being called "far-right". Absurb lazy labels promoted by lazy people. Yes, I even embrace social libertarianism to a degree. The only way I diverge is global influence and borders. The government has a role, it is to maintain maximum freedom for citizens while improving their prosperity through hook or crook Internationally.

No province in Ontario will dare do this as the nation is drunk on the Police State. As I've said many times before, as much as we dislike China we are fortunate that they also maintain a large central state or their economy would probably be twice the size it is today. Argentina shows how easy it is.

Once he converts his economy to U.S dollars, it is going to be very interesting to see if the experiment works. As long as they can maintain parity on domestic prices after conversion, it will greatly strengthen Argentinas position and Americas global influence via the dollar. A win/win.

Argentina’s inflation in March alone hit 287%, causing poverty to deepen, and citizens to take to the streets with strikes and protests against his policies. The monthly inflation rate was 25% in December when Milei first took office.

Milei then went on to significantly reduce spending with major cuts to public-sector wages as he suspended public works projects and cut subsidies. He also devalued the country’s currency by over 50%, which helped it stabilize in value even as the price of basic goods jumped.

The monthly inflation dropped to 8.8% by April, marking the first single-digit inflation rate in over six months.

Argentina recorded a $589 million budget surplus in January and continued to post a surplus for each of the first four months of 2024, even as the surplus shrank to $299 million in April, Reuters reported. This marks the country's first quarterly surplus since 2008.

Raisbeck stressed that Milei’s primary measure of cutting spending has proven highly effective, while arguing that the significant deregulation in other parts of the economy has helped it revive over those first months of the new administration.

"Everything related to deregulation is very libertarian, and we’ve seen great success already in the housing market, for instance," Raisbeck said. "So that obviously brought a huge amount of supply that was suppressed because of price controls."

Milei also brought Argentina back to the international foreground, with a stronger focus on national security and changing up the country’s goals from the previous administration – most notably, he rejected the invitation to join the China and Russia-led economic bloc BRICS.

You mean smaller government and deregulation works? Libertarians push for this and are deemed the enemies by both sides. Of course it works, it just doesn't work for those big donors who want their free money at the expense of the Middle Class and rest of the economy.

I am tired of libertarians being called "far-right". Absurb lazy labels promoted by lazy people. Yes, I even embrace social libertarianism to a degree. The only way I diverge is global influence and borders. The government has a role, it is to maintain maximum freedom for citizens while improving their prosperity through hook or crook Internationally.

No province in Ontario will dare do this as the nation is drunk on the Police State. As I've said many times before, as much as we dislike China we are fortunate that they also maintain a large central state or their economy would probably be twice the size it is today. Argentina shows how easy it is.

Once he converts his economy to U.S dollars, it is going to be very interesting to see if the experiment works. As long as they can maintain parity on domestic prices after conversion, it will greatly strengthen Argentinas position and Americas global influence via the dollar. A win/win.

Argentina’s inflation in March alone hit 287%, causing poverty to deepen, and citizens to take to the streets with strikes and protests against his policies. The monthly inflation rate was 25% in December when Milei first took office.

Milei then went on to significantly reduce spending with major cuts to public-sector wages as he suspended public works projects and cut subsidies. He also devalued the country’s currency by over 50%, which helped it stabilize in value even as the price of basic goods jumped.

The monthly inflation dropped to 8.8% by April, marking the first single-digit inflation rate in over six months.

Argentina recorded a $589 million budget surplus in January and continued to post a surplus for each of the first four months of 2024, even as the surplus shrank to $299 million in April, Reuters reported. This marks the country's first quarterly surplus since 2008.

Raisbeck stressed that Milei’s primary measure of cutting spending has proven highly effective, while arguing that the significant deregulation in other parts of the economy has helped it revive over those first months of the new administration.

"Everything related to deregulation is very libertarian, and we’ve seen great success already in the housing market, for instance," Raisbeck said. "So that obviously brought a huge amount of supply that was suppressed because of price controls."

Milei also brought Argentina back to the international foreground, with a stronger focus on national security and changing up the country’s goals from the previous administration – most notably, he rejected the invitation to join the China and Russia-led economic bloc BRICS.
Sounds like this Representatives ideology!(must watch)

Forum List

Back