Are you under a shelter in place order?

Are you under a shelter in place type order?

• Yes

• No

• Unknown

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voluntary. Most are kinda self quarantining. I'd say 90%. I went to the hardware yesterday and bought some 1 x 1 box tube and a sheet of 1/8 black plate. Angie was wearing a mask and gloves at the cash register and Rafa(the owner) and I greeted with a fist bump. Then I hit the bank and the doorman sprayed everyone hands and forearms with some blue crap, likely clorhexadine. Eight windows so 2-3 walk out and 2-3 more enter their place. One gal wiped the counter(s) where the previous was and said: Go ahead.
Most bank online.
It's not law. The bank decided it was simple and might help. The inside seating was stacked in the corners
Our banks aren't allowing anyone in the building. Drive through only.

Yeah, same here ,long line of folks exchanging dollar bills through a sliding drawer, none of which are wearing gloves, all of which repetitively 'touch bills' touch steer wheel' 'touch face'

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~
Stores are putting up signs requesting customers use their cards instead of cash, if they can. I had taken out a good sized pile of cash before that thought struck me, so I use my hand sanitizer after each touch. When it's gone, I'm going to switch to my check card. Of course, I'm still pushing buttons, but it's only one sanitizer round that way--I won't have a wallet full of potentially breeding virus. I'm a little disappointed that not a single store around here has sanitizer at the checkout for us all to use during those transactions. Maybe they couldn't find any, either. I had to scarf some from the office the day before we closed. Filled a little bottle and that's all I've got.
You probably already have the dempanic.
No cases in our county and community transmission only in Portland which is hours away.
Starting Monday at midnight the entire KC metro is on lockdown except for "essential" workers.
Thankfully construction projects are considered essential so I will be able to continue my work.
I’ve heard from 2 different govt sources, one in DHS, one in local government, two week mandatory shut down on almost everything. Idk what that means, but these guys are pretty reliable sources. Heard about it Friday, they both told me to go out and get food now.
What does that mean?

Voluntary. Most are kinda self quarantining. I'd say 90%. I went to the hardware yesterday and bought some 1 x 1 box tube and a sheet of 1/8 black plate. Angie was wearing a mask and gloves at the cash register and Rafa(the owner) and I greeted with a fist bump. Then I hit the bank and the doorman sprayed everyone hands and forearms with some blue crap, likely clorhexadine. Eight windows so 2-3 walk out and 2-3 more enter their place. One gal wiped the counter(s) where the previous was and said: Go ahead.
Most bank online.
It's not law. The bank decided it was simple and might help. The inside seating was stacked in the corners

Yeah, same here ,long line of folks exchanging dollar bills through a sliding drawer, none of which are wearing gloves, all of which repetitively 'touch bills' touch steer wheel' 'touch face'

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~
Stores are putting up signs requesting customers use their cards instead of cash, if they can. I had taken out a good sized pile of cash before that thought struck me, so I use my hand sanitizer after each touch. When it's gone, I'm going to switch to my check card. Of course, I'm still pushing buttons, but it's only one sanitizer round that way--I won't have a wallet full of potentially breeding virus. I'm a little disappointed that not a single store around here has sanitizer at the checkout for us all to use during those transactions. Maybe they couldn't find any, either. I had to scarf some from the office the day before we closed. Filled a little bottle and that's all I've got.
No cases in our county and community transmission only in Portland which is hours away.
Starting Monday at midnight the entire KC metro is on lockdown except for "essential" workers.
Thankfully construction projects are considered essential so I will be able to continue my work.
I’ve heard from 2 different govt sources, one in DHS, one in local government, two week mandatory shut down on almost everything. Idk what that means, but these guys are pretty reliable sources. Heard about it Friday, they both told me to go out and get food now.
What does that mean?
They didn’t know much either, the g-men are probably still working out details...but from what it sounded like it’s going to cause a big rush on grocery stores, maybe even shut down grocery stores (which doesn’t seem feasible to me). I was pretty well stocked, but got doubly stocked up on food.

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~
What does that mean?
They didn’t know much either, the g-men are probably still working out details...but from what it sounded like it’s going to cause a big rush on grocery stores, maybe even shut down grocery stores (which doesn’t seem feasible to me). I was pretty well stocked, but got doubly stocked up on food.
It is ridiculous to do that, I think. Maybe city wide in New York/Los Angeles, where it is called for.

Did anyone ever think that a day would come when pot would be easier to get than toilet paper?

I am in Orange County California. 65 cases test positive. No sick. No dead. My son is working from home. Only grocery stores, gas stations, drug stores and marijuana stores are allowed to be open. Restaurants are offering take out only. Delivery has stopped.

People are allowed to be out to go to one of the open businesses, take a walk, walk the dog, visit friends or family. Consequently there are a lot of people out and about.

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~
What does that mean?
It is ridiculous to do that, I think. Maybe city wide in New York/Los Angeles, where it is called for.
They have warned of disinformation campaigns going on out there regarding this rumor about a week ago. Could things change? Who knows, but for now I would take it with a grain of. salt.
US officials: Foreign disinformation is stoking virus fears

What does that mean?
They have warned of disinformation campaigns going on out there regarding this rumor about a week ago. Could things change? Who knows, but for now I would take it with a grain of. salt.

Who needs to worry about "disinformation" when they have a computer and access to USMB?
:04:

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~
What does that mean?
All the shut downs are to buy time for hospitals to prep. Hospitals run at around 80-90% capacity without pandemics. What you don’t want is what’s happening in Italy right now. Where seemingly everyone is catching the disease in matter of a month or two. Hospitals get overrun, they’re not able to treat everyone and people die. Or because the hospital is overcrowded the virus gets passed to patients who are sick enough to be in the hospital in the first place and this virus could be the knockout punch for them. 700 people died yesterday in Italy, in one day. A lot of them probably could’ve been saved had their hospitals had the resources to treat. It’s really bad over there.

I am in Orange County California. 65 cases test positive. No sick. No dead. My son is working from home. Only grocery stores, gas stations, drug stores and marijuana stores are allowed to be open. Restaurants are offering take out only. Delivery has stopped.

People are allowed to be out to go to one of the open businesses, take a walk, walk the dog, visit friends or family. Consequently there are a lot of people out and about.
How do they test for the virus when they don't have test kits?

What does that mean?
All the shut downs are to buy time for hospitals to prep. Hospitals run at around 80-90% capacity without pandemics. What you don’t want is what’s happening in Italy right now. Where seemingly everyone is catching the disease in matter of a month or two. Hospitals get overrun, they’re not able to treat everyone and people die. Or because the hospital is overcrowded the virus gets passed to patients who are sick enough to be in the hospital in the first place and this virus could be the knockout punch for them. 700 people died yesterday in Italy, in one day. A lot of them probably could’ve been saved had their hospitals had the resources to treat. It’s really bad over there.
Sooo, they’re closing down how exactly stops people from getting sick that usually do and go to the hospital. Are you saying a lockdown would prevent people from getting sick so they’d have time to prepare at hospitals? People are already sick. Hospitals have been prepping for a month now. They can only get supplies as fast as they can get made.

Here the government declared a state of calamity for six months. All the country!
Metro Manila (which is something like a province) is locked down until April 14th
We can't go outside our homes except for getting food, meds and also using cars is not allowed... :omg:
So basically I'm here in my home using my computer, watching tv and my dvd's, listening to music and reading some books :biggrin:

What does that mean?
THANK YOU!!! That's a relief.

What does that mean?
THANK YOU!!! That's a relief.
How can you be relieved when you have no idea if any of it is true?

Amazing how Americans are so willing to give up their Freedom.
Government over reaction

How so? During WWII Americans were drafted to storm the beaches of Normandy and Iwo Jima. During this world wide pandemic where people are dying Americans are being asked to stay home and watch Netflix. It's not that hard. You can do this.

What does that mean?
Sooo, they’re closing down how exactly stops people from getting sick that usually do and go to the hospital. Are you saying a lockdown would prevent people from getting sick so they’d have time to prepare at hospitals? People are already sick. Hospitals have been prepping for a month now. They can only get supplies as fast as they can get made.
Yes they are trying to slow how quickly this spreads, so it’s not hitting everyone at the same time. And your right, they can only get supplies as fast as they are being made. From what I hear production is being ramped up like never before. I can tell you right now, my hospital isn’t ready. We’re almost out of masks and hand sanitizer, and we’re firing people for stealing them. Our hospital is pretty quiet now, we’ve cancelled a lot of elective surgeries, and no-one wants to go there and catch this if they don’t really need treatment urgently....Although our ER is getting pretty slammed, and as of Friday we had six people half dead from covid. And we haven’t even scratched the surface on infections with this virus.

But there is going to come a time when the benefits of the shut downs (buying time and slowing spread) are outweighed by the cons (economic strife). We are unfortunately left with no good options. China really screwed the pooch with this one. More than screwed the pooch. So did the EU when they didn’t ban travel the same time we did. They were too worried about what the fucktards equating quarantines with racism would think of them. Quarantines suck, but pandemics suck infinitely more. They did eventually ban travel, but it’s kind of like putting on a condem when you already shot your wad. Now they look racist and have the clap. And once the EU lost containment, it pretty much meant the rest of the world was fucked. A lot of air travel and public transportation in the EU. Europe is a pandemics wet dream.

The hospitals here have no corona cases. They are already back to business as usual. There are plenty of masks, ventillators and other equipment m

Forum List

Back