Are you ready when the cops go on strike?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
With the media and the politicians and the blacks demonizing the cops, I would not be surprised to see the cops go on a nation wide strike. Then maybe this country will get a taste of what the cops are having to endure, while trying to maintain some law and order in this country. Just 48 hours without police in major cities like New York, L.A., Oakland and Houston, would show why cops do what they do, in their jobs. Better buy your guns, ammo and food now, because when cops go on strike, there won't be any stores open to buy them.

With the media and the politicians and the blacks demonizing the cops, I would not be surprised to see the cops go on a nation wide strike. Then maybe this country will get a taste of what the cops are having to endure, while trying to maintain some law and order in this country. Just 48 hours without police in major cities like New York, L.A., Oakland and Houston, would show why cops do what they do, in their jobs. Better buy your guns, ammo and food now, because when cops go on strike, there won't be any stores open to buy them.
Only the crooked cops would go on strike. Let them go strike. Fire them and get some new ones that actually want to serve and protect.

hey.....the guy has a valid point....

Only the crooked cops would go on strike. Let them go strike. Fire them and get some new ones that actually want to serve and protect.
good cops still have to put up with the backlash.....and they just might be getting to the point where walking off the job sounds good....i can imagine what it must be like where a good many people you encounter during the day think you are an asshole just because you are a Cop.....some might even have an attitude if you need to ask them something.....im sure being a Cop right now is pretty dam stressful.....

I think strikes by the police are illegal. I am not sure but there ways around the law such as "blue flus" or "slow downs." From a PR standpoint it wouldn't endear the police to the public and may only cause further animosity.

good cops still have to put up with the backlash.....and they just might be getting to the point where walking off the job sounds good....i can imagine what it must be like where a good many people you encounter during the day think you are an asshole just because you are a Cop.....some might even have an attitude if you need to ask them something.....im sure being a Cop right now is pretty dam stressful.....
I know several good cops. That idea has never crossed their minds. They actually cant stand all the crooked cops they work around.

I have never had the police help me. In fact, I was just attacked and hospitalized a few nights ago. Police were called. They did not arrest the stranger who attacked me, because he claimed that I had attacked him. I have no idea who this person even was. The police are useless.

I think strikes by the police are illegal. I am not sure but there ways around the law such as "blue flus" or "slow downs." From a PR standpoint it wouldn't endear the police to the public and may only cause further animosity.
Last time I checked, resisting arrest was illegal too.

They can't get enough good cops now.

A strike in needed now and again.

Treat them like other workers when they strike - find someone willing to do the job and tell them to go fuck themselves....isnt that how its done?

Its odd to me that the cops without the inferiority complexes get along just fine with everyone except true criminals and even then the criminals actually respect them.

Police brutality must be punished. Abuse and violence by those obligated to respect and uphold the human rights of our communities is absolutely horrible thing. We don't want to face with such a horror.

I think the OP says that if we just stop bitching about police abuse then everything will be fine

Not illegal. In 1981, when I was in Santa Barbara Ca. the cops went on strike for a week, maybe longer. No blacks there....lucky for those rich white folks. But they were still pretty nervous. I was just passing through, but the rains were like what they're having now. They washed out the roads, and I was stuck there. I slept in the band shell in the park with another transient. The water was a foot deep in the park. I had to wade through it to get to the soup kitchen. The roads reopened and I left before the cops went off strike.

The police cannot go on strike. What they should do is quit en masse and form private security firms where they are not subject to mayors insults.

The wealthy areas of Brazil know how it works. On the clock the police do very little. Off duty police are paid privately to deal with criminals outside the justice system. Off duty cops hunt and kill feral children like they are pests. The police get paid twice and brutality complaints are at a minimum.

Forum List

Back