Are you optimistic?

I am Not..
but, I sure am Glad I'm Not in stocks.. :)
This. Not much to be optimistic these days. Things went from bad to worse when Biden and the democrats took over. But if and when the repubs take over it'll just go back from worse to bad. Not many are living within their means, certainly the gov't isn't and irresponsibility seems to rule the day.

This. Not much to be optimistic these days. Things went from bad to worse when Biden and the democrats took over. But if and when the repubs take over it'll just go back from worse to bad. Not many are living within their means, certainly the gov't isn't and irresponsibility seems to rule the day.
I Have Heard it said that OUR 'Federal Gov' is Like the Biggest debtor in the World..

The stock 'market' is going down... Home Page - MarketWatch

Always an optimist. Not a glass half full but a glass not big enough kind of guy.

The market has been down before, down a lot more than it is now.

As we talked about before we are well overdue for a recession. My wife job is 100% recession proof unless the Govt totally collapses, then it will not matter anyhow. My job is pretty close to recession and I am also exploring a job offer from the USDA.

If you have a 401k you are not planning to use for 5 to 10 years a down market is a good thing, your contribution can buy more shares with a down market. When the market comes back up you are better off than you were.

Hell, if we were not optimistic we would not have started construction on a new home in March.

Always an optimist. Not a glass half full but a glass not big enough kind of guy.

The market has been down before, down a lot more than it is now.

As we talked about before we are well overdue for a recession. My wife job is 100% recession proof unless the Govt totally collapses, then it will not matter anyhow. My job is pretty close to recession and I am also exploring a job offer from the USDA.

If you have a 401k you are not planning to use for 5 to 10 years a down market is a good thing, your contribution can buy more shares with a down market. When the market comes back up you are better off than you were.

Hell, if we were not optimistic we would not have started construction on a new home in March.
Good Luck to you Gator at the New Home! :)

Optimism is a wonderful thing.
It often helps you figure out what you can do more than what you cannot do.

This might help me, since I am maxing out IRA contributions and am quite happy to buy stocks on sale.

But mostly, this sucks.

LOL, this is the kind of thing a republican says. It's better to get the same slice of a bigger pie than the same slice of the same pie.

which I guess is why the GOP is the only party I was ever a registered member of

But 170 years ago it was proved that the greed of the capitalist is stronger than his sense of self-preservation...
FJbwuHFWUAU8lSM

For capitalists, war will always be more important than space, a cure for cancer or the eradication of poverty. Having won the Cold War, they took away progress from several more generations, turning the 21st century into another senseless meat grinder, into a colossal burning of human and natural resources.

New Topics

Forum List

Back