Are You For or Against Full Legalization of Cannabis?

Full Marijuana Legalization?

• Republican - opposed to all cannabis use

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Republican - in favor of medical use ONLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republican - in favor of FULL legalization

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Democrat - opposed to all cannabis use

• Democrat - in favor of medical use ONLY

• Democrat - in favor of FULL legalization

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I simply don't care either way

• Independent / Libertarian - In favor of full legalization

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Independent / Libertarian - opposed to all usage

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Independent / Libertarian - Medical use ONLY

• Total voters
I'm independent, moderately conservative and all for legalization, but I personally don't like marijuana.

The war on drugs was ineffective and putting people in jail for marijuana possession or usage made absolutely no sense. It sure didn't reduce crime any.

I am for the legalization of all recreational drugs for two reasons.

1. It would, practically overnight, destroy the market for illicit drugs and put many of the worst arseholes on this planet out of a job. The illegal drug trade and all the misery it creates would not exist.

2. It would remove from law enforcement, the burden of trying to arrest and make cases against people for doing something that most of the country is already doing.

I find it hard to fathom that, as Americans, knowing directly what happened when we tried to criminalize one recreational drug (alcohol), we choose to do the same thing all over again with other recreational drugs.
I support legalization of all recreational drugs, with a caveat:

Buy what you want. Use what you want.

But if you hurt someone while under the influence, you will be executed in 180 days.

You chose to use. You chose to then put yourself in a position to hurt someone.

If you win on appeal, great. But if you don't...you will be executed.

feelings get hurt the execution reaction is too controlling
Sorry; wasn't clear. Physical injury.

The dirty little secret pot heads don't want you to know is that they can get as much of the shit as they want and smoke it until their brains come out of their ears but that isn't enough. They want to be able to sell the stuff to your kids without looking over their shoulders. At a time in history when the right to smoke a freaking cigarette is under attack for health and social reasons why in the world do we need to legalize a more dangerous drug?

My opinion on this topic as a registered Republican, dating way back decades before their was internet [but I was on-line], was that we should legalize it. Perhaps I've always been a bit more Libertarian even back before Libertarian was even mentioned, perhaps I just saw it as a way of taxing the crap out of it and generating more income, and maybe today, as an adult, with all of my kids in the adult range with spouses of their own as I enjoy a sip of a good patron tequila that I bought for my nice Christian Southern Baptist wife, it just have never really matter all that much.

The dirty little secret pot heads don't want you to know is that they can get as much of the shit as they want and smoke it until their brains come out of their ears but that isn't enough. They want to be able to sell the stuff to your kids without looking over their shoulders. At a time in history when the right to smoke a freaking cigarette is under attack for health and social reasons why in the world do we need to legalize a more dangerous drug?

Appallingly ignorant response. You should be embarrassed.

As with alcohol, any perception of increased consciousness or insight while intoxicated is purely illusory.
The whole "Drug Enforcement Agency" thing with the Federal government is D.O.A. when it comes to the police union's collective bargaining "plea deal" at the district attorney's office.

And as far as comparing marijuana to Alcohol, we really don't need a Federal government "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms" either -- to smoke a little bit of weed and add "Explosives" on top of that bar tab just for the heck of it.

Forum List

Back