Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago? If not, why not?

Are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • No Change

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
How narcissistic. "I'm 31 and in the prime of my life...blah blah blah." Boo hoo, baby.

I was half way with you till you made that idiotic comment. So now the facts of when most people are in their prime is self deluded?

FAIL

I honestly don't give a rat's ass whether or not you're with me. I WAS in the prime of my life. Now I don't give a shit. With the blood draws, the MRI's, the astronomical medical bills, and my career possibly over...I really don't care. It's called the 5 stages of grief. Don't know what it is...look it up.

My future ability, or even life is in question. So, if you don't like what I say, you can go fuck yourself.

In short youre a bitter old bitch who is jealous.

Fair enough

Very much so: better job, closer to home, more pay.

way worse, because of obama, pelosi and reid. they suck bad.

My being ‘better off’ has nothing to do with Obama, the same is true of you being ‘worse off.’

Gas was $1.76 when Obama took office...

What does Obama have to do with the price of gas, it’s determined on the open market; indeed, an increase in gas prices indicates a recovering economy.

Otherwise, so much for the conservative mantra of ‘personal responsibility.’

so then dear asswarp.. explain to all of us why you democrats blamed President Bush for the "pain at the pump" go ahead whydonchya?

Being a Canadian, I'm not sure if my post is appropriate.

After five years of retirement I am starting up my old business and will simply rely upon a management structure designed to take the load off of my time.

I'm also spending more, not less. It's the Canadian way when we have economic downturns. My father taught me this.

I was half way with you till you made that idiotic comment. So now the facts of when most people are in their prime is self deluded?

FAIL

I honestly don't give a rat's ass whether or not you're with me. I WAS in the prime of my life. Now I don't give a shit. With the blood draws, the MRI's, the astronomical medical bills, and my career possibly over...I really don't care. It's called the 5 stages of grief. Don't know what it is...look it up.

My future ability, or even life is in question. So, if you don't like what I say, you can go fuck yourself.

Fair enough

No, I'm a 36 year old woman with a family history of auto-immune disorders, and I have one. I'm in the process of finding out which one, and whether I'll live 5 years or 50. I was normal until 10 days ago, when I awoke with paresthesis from my chest down.

Bitter? You're damned right I'm bitter, when I hear people bitching about trivial shit.

Fair enough

No, I'm a 36 year old woman with a family history of auto-immune disorders, and I have one. I'm in the process of finding out which one, and whether I'll live 5 years or 50. I was normal until 10 days ago, when I awoke with paresthesis from my chest down.

Bitter? You're damned right I'm bitter, when I hear people bitching about trivial shit.

Well I'm sorry for your situation despite your displayed hate and rudeness. That however does not moot the opinions of others.

Good luck with your situation. And try not to take it out on others just because they haven't endured your position.

Fair enough

Well I'm sorry for your situation despite your displayed hate and rudeness. That however does not moot the opinions of others.

Good luck with your situation. And try not to take it out on others just because they haven't endured your position.

It may be hard to believe, but I have mostly love for others. Mr. Nick and I have a history of nasty exchanges. I've tried to be civil, to no avail. He is brilliant, and everyone else is stupid....essentially, a legend in his own mind.

It is very disturbing (despite the crap going on right now, personally) to see our country divided over a.....lie...I guess. Something simplistic such as right and left. Liberal or conservative. We're fighting amongst ourselves so much, these criminals could be picking our pockets underneath our noses and we wouldn't notice.

And whether I, or you, or anyone in here dies tomorrow; I think that most of us would like to leave this country in better shape than we found it (or were born into it). We all have that agreement. We just have different ideas about how to get there.

But there are a handful of lunatics in here who have all the answers. Perhaps we should leave the country in their hands. :cuckoo: Joke.

Peace be with you.

I am. I have about 70% less debt and 110% more income. I'm under on my house, but I never intended to sell. I plan to pass it on to one of my kids.

That's if the dumbass death tax doesn't force them to sell it to pay the damn tax.

If they don't have enough money for taxes after the insurance settlement, inheritance and working their own jobs then they deserve to lose the damn house. I have no sympathy for piss poor planning.

I am. I have about 70% less debt and 110% more income. I'm under on my house, but I never intended to sell. I plan to pass it on to one of my kids.

That's if the dumbass death tax doesn't force them to sell it to pay the damn tax.

If they don't have enough money for taxes after the insurance settlement, inheritance and working their own jobs then they deserve to lose the damn house. I have no sympathy for piss poor planning.

Yeah because paying taxes twice on the same property/income is completely legit!

Yeah because paying taxes twice on the same property/income is completely legit!
But hey? If it keeps the moochers that are able to vote fat, dumb, and happy...and voting for statists at the expense of everyone else... Why not?

Worse.
Thanks to a lackluster B2B economy, and my salary is over 30% incentives - I am making about 1/3rd of what I use to.
Groceries are higher.
Gas is higher
Healthcare is higher
Investments are flat
Inflation is eroding liquidity
And it is highly likely the markets will tank by the new year taking the economy further down.

If anyone is doing better it is incidental...and far from norm.

I see from the results, so far, that I'm kind of out of touch with reality. My wife and I both have highly in demand, well paying jobs and not a lot of debt. Plus, I'm retired military and have low premium healthcare, which is more valuable than my retirement check. I thought the poll would be more evenly split. As I do better and make more money, I've noticed myself losing compassion for the struggles of others.

I can always sell it and move to Sun City and they get no house. The first time I hear a comment like you posted come out of my kids mouth about something I worked and paid for and am giving to them, I would sell it and give the money to the Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society.

I see from the results, so far, that I'm kind of out of touch with reality. My wife and I both have highly in demand, well paying jobs and not a lot of debt. Plus, I'm retired military and have low premium healthcare, which is more valuable than my retirement check. I thought the poll would be more evenly split. As I do better and make more money, I've noticed myself losing compassion for the struggles of others.

Their are a lot of fortunate people who are insulated from this economy through their jobs. I wish I was one of those people but my life is derived through the housing market.

Their are a lot of fortunate people who are insulated from this economy through their jobs. I wish I was one of those people but my life is derived through the housing market.
I am one of those people. And in my job oddly enough is making money off the gubmint. :eusa_whistle:

I can always sell it and move to Sun City and they get no house. The first time I hear a comment like you posted come out of my kids mouth about something I worked and paid for and am giving to them, I would sell it and give the money to the Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society.

So you would punish your children for having a different political ideology than you? Interesting.

No change for me. Ironically, because of a major move by my employer this year, I've made more $$$ than ever from all the overtime.

Also, your post proves my point.

You worked for it. You paid for it. You own it. Can give it away or destroy it.

Yet the govt gets a cut just because you die? WTF is that all about?

Last edited:

So you would punish your children for having a different political ideology than you? Interesting.

No, for complaining about paying taxes on a house that was a gift to them. The taxes would be a fraction of the value, so they make out.

Also, your post proves my point.

You worked for it. You paid for it. You own it. Can give it away or destroy it.

Yet the govt gets a cut just because you die? WTF is that all about?

I have no problem with estate taxes.

Forum List

Back