Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

Circe
Jaxson said it all above: write your own stories!

We do that all the time

Also white people have no problem playing black characters.

main-qimg-9642e3082af801153d36c5a7d2e92f34
main-qimg-06bd1fe2d6d5054f650c20150e9c8a40-lq

Gods of Egypt (2016) – Gerard Butler, a white actor played Set an Egyptian god.

main-qimg-c5232626be6bdbf25ccef8c5254c4f9e-lq
main-qimg-6114dea18e3b89ee3a99ed986f3b9b6d-lq

Stonewall (2015) – Jeremy Irvine, a white actor, played a “straight-acting” white American gay man who started the Stonewall riots. It was started by Marsha P. Johnson, a Black American trans woman.

main-qimg-a1e3b25dea8ef01fea0f2155725b30bb-lq
main-qimg-d211441a64a6707be7fd18bf1d685830-lq

Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) – Sigourney Weaver, a white actress played Tuya, the wife of an Egyptian pharaoh, Sethi I.

main-qimg-a51b6abfe6a47b227e7940998c45b132-lq
main-qimg-a3727e7bd8fa1ea2e9101d1f65f5986d-lq

World Trade Center (2006) – William Mapother, a White actor played Sgt Jason Thomas, a Black American.

main-qimg-699d082969ecce6358bd49ee8dd46a6e-lq
main-qimg-9e81fd56f04f693f771fd6a3513a88bb-lq

A Mighty Heart (2007) – Angelina Jolie, a white actress played Marianne Pearl of Afro Cuban descent.

main-qimg-fe8d525fefe1142faa31a68782a6a74f-lq
main-qimg-729ede5ab082fb794556ebc27027816b-lq

Cleopatra (1963) – Elizabeth Taylor, a white actress played Cleopatra, an Egyptian queen.

I only just found that Charlie in Charlie and Chocolate factory was supposed to be black because originally the author, Roald Dahl made Charlie "a little black boy" ? And he also made the Oopma lumpas African pygmies.

main-qimg-3e34fa14ae78a9d170ffc57497a3a2fc-lq

But when it went to screen made them white

Hollywood have pathological love of casting only the biggest, whitest names in acting, that’s par for the course.

Curious how Hollywood never seems to have trouble finding blk actors to play the bad guys. But when it comes to playing the hero, that is suddenly SO difficult. Denzel Washington and Will Smith, are the exception, not the rule.

Circe
Develop your own businesses!

We do that and white burn them down and sabotage them

Circe
Don't try to parasitize our culture when you don't deserve it.

Do whites have a culture ? If so explain it to me. I'm not talking about the specific countries white ppl are originally like Ireland or England or German. I'm talking about white culture itself. What is it ?

if Little Mermaid was not a fictional character you'd have a point about her being replaced by black actress but she isn't.

The little mermaid is a fictional character. So in a world were around 12% of the worlds population is white then why shouldn't she be black ?
The problem is not that a character is black, white or green. If a movie is well made, people will watch and enjoy it.

The problem comes in when they remake an already enormously popular movie for no other purpose than to shoehorn in minority or homosexual characters. Even then, if the character changes either add something valuable to the film or the film is really well done, people will watch it. It's EXTREMELY difficult to do that effectively, however, when the original film is almost universally loved. People don't like to see the characters they have in their minds changed for anything less than a very top-quality movie, and inevitably, the new one will be compared to the old one and come up short.

To your question, if the Little Mermaid had not already been made with a white character, there would probably be no controversy about having her be black. The story is the important thing. In this case, however, you have an entire generation of people who watched the story with a white mermaid, and unless the new one is extremely exceptional, it will suffer by comparison.

People like Jim Nabors, Arthur Godfrey, Oliver Hardy, Chris Rock, Mia Farrow, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg and Jay Leno? I think you are so used to seeing it here that you just notice it more in British offerings. I don't think it is a new thing.
Ally Sheedy,Mare Winningham and Meg Tilly were ordinary looking and very popular in the 80’s/90’s.

John Candy,Eddie Murphy,Martin Short,Steve Martin,Chris Farley,Rosanne,Jaleel White. Same thing.

This diversity BS in Hollywood is an invention to push an agenda.

If you were making a real argument, you would have actual demographic information broken down by shows and movies. Instead you have the anecdote of one character and some supposed commercials Thats not how you make an argument.
It is for me, I see it everywhere.....movies, cartoons, especially commercials.

Circe
Jaxson said it all above: write your own stories!

We do that all the time

Also white people have no problem playing black characters.

main-qimg-9642e3082af801153d36c5a7d2e92f34
main-qimg-06bd1fe2d6d5054f650c20150e9c8a40-lq

Gods of Egypt (2016) – Gerard Butler, a white actor played Set an Egyptian god.

main-qimg-c5232626be6bdbf25ccef8c5254c4f9e-lq
main-qimg-6114dea18e3b89ee3a99ed986f3b9b6d-lq

Stonewall (2015) – Jeremy Irvine, a white actor, played a “straight-acting” white American gay man who started the Stonewall riots. It was started by Marsha P. Johnson, a Black American trans woman.

main-qimg-a1e3b25dea8ef01fea0f2155725b30bb-lq
main-qimg-d211441a64a6707be7fd18bf1d685830-lq

Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) – Sigourney Weaver, a white actress played Tuya, the wife of an Egyptian pharaoh, Sethi I.

main-qimg-a51b6abfe6a47b227e7940998c45b132-lq
main-qimg-a3727e7bd8fa1ea2e9101d1f65f5986d-lq

World Trade Center (2006) – William Mapother, a White actor played Sgt Jason Thomas, a Black American.

main-qimg-699d082969ecce6358bd49ee8dd46a6e-lq
main-qimg-9e81fd56f04f693f771fd6a3513a88bb-lq

A Mighty Heart (2007) – Angelina Jolie, a white actress played Marianne Pearl of Afro Cuban descent.

main-qimg-fe8d525fefe1142faa31a68782a6a74f-lq
main-qimg-729ede5ab082fb794556ebc27027816b-lq

Cleopatra (1963) – Elizabeth Taylor, a white actress played Cleopatra, an Egyptian queen.

I only just found that Charlie in Charlie and Chocolate factory was supposed to be black because originally the author, Roald Dahl made Charlie "a little black boy" ? And he also made the Oopma lumpas African pygmies.

main-qimg-3e34fa14ae78a9d170ffc57497a3a2fc-lq

But when it went to screen made them white

Hollywood have pathological love of casting only the biggest, whitest names in acting, that’s par for the course.

Curious how Hollywood never seems to have trouble finding blk actors to play the bad guys. But when it comes to playing the hero, that is suddenly SO difficult. Denzel Washington and Will Smith, are the exception, not the rule.

Circe
Develop your own businesses!

We do that and white burn them down and sabotage them

Circe
Don't try to parasitize our culture when you don't deserve it.

Do whites have a culture ? If so explain it to me. I'm not talking about the specific countries white ppl are originally like Ireland or England or German. I'm talking about white culture itself. What is it ?
Don't forget the greatest actress of her generation, Rachel Dolezal!

Let's tell it as it is -- gently, of course.

Hollywood has always been liberal.

During World War II, for example, the incomparable Bette Davis demanded that African American servicemen be allowed to relax in facilities that were limited to Caucasian servicemen.

So in 2022, it is very woke to have non-Caucasians in more roles. For example, hear tell that new James Bond movies may have an African American lady in the lead.

But not to worry!

Caucasian producers may be woke, but they are not crazy.

For a few more decades, Caucasian Americans will continue to be the most numerous ethnicity. So producers will continue to give jobs to Caucasian actors -- or the theaters will be empty of customers.
Hollywood has painted themselves into a boring repetitive box…lesbian black women must be the lead in most shows. And they can’t be seen in a negative light…so they have zero layers and are bland. Or just bitchy which in Hollywood = strong.

She does not have red hair. She has red hair dye.

And the answer is "No". White folks do not get the roles.
Red hair dye on a horse's mane or tail. Fact!

That's where weaves come from. That's what most long black woman hair anyone sees is. Only 10% of long black woman hair is not horse tails or manes.
This is an American truth not many people utter.

Last edited:
Hollywood has painted themselves into a boring repetitive box…lesbian black women must be the lead in most shows. And they can’t be seen in a negative light…so they have zero layers and are bland. Or just bitchy which in Hollywood = strong.
Hollywood is devoid of good ideas and innovation these days and they are perverse beyond normal peoples' imaginations.

Seriously, if one likes epic movies, love stories, or musicals, Bollywood is where it's at.

Hollywood has lost their way.

Last edited:
It is for me, I see it everywhere.....movies, cartoons, especially commercials.
Thats not evidence, thats anecdotes.

Technically she was Macedonian from north of Greece. However the movie does show the very Italian Julius Caesar as an English dood.

Cleopatra wasn't only not black. She was Greek and likely was a blonde. Egyptians weren't black until blacks ate them and vomited them back out as black.

The Little Mermaid was the fictional product of a Danish storyteller. She was and is Danish, meaning not black.

The popular pandering today is to refashion history as black, gay, trans or at least reprobate. Anne Boleyn was not back. The Boleyn family was not black. Richard the Third was not a black woman.

There is little we can do to force the bastardization of iconic figures to stop. Just don't give them money. It might help.

The problem is not that a character is black, white or green. If a movie is well made, people will watch and enjoy it.

The problem comes in when they remake an already enormously popular movie for no other purpose than to shoehorn in minority or homosexual characters. Even then, if the character changes either add something valuable to the film or the film is really well done, people will watch it. It's EXTREMELY difficult to do that effectively, however, when the original film is almost universally loved. People don't like to see the characters they have in their minds changed for anything less than a very top-quality movie, and inevitably, the new one will be compared to the old one and come up short.

To your question, if the Little Mermaid had not already been made with a white character, there would probably be no controversy about having her be black. The story is the important thing. In this case, however, you have an entire generation of people who watched the story with a white mermaid, and unless the new one is extremely exceptional, it will suffer by comparison.
You see what Kenneth Branagh simply doesn't get. He's the ex-Shakespearian actor who cast lots of absurd and bad Shakespeare plays with blacks and what-not (every-not: he would certainly have cast Eskimos if he could catch any) and then branched out to Agatha Christie's Poirot. First he messed up the famous Death on the Nile, and now he's ruined the equally famous Orient Express. He makes the characters every possible disadvantaged ethnic group, but since the parts are all very high status and rich Americans from the 1930s, this does not work even a tiny bit.

It's worse than our just being used to the parts being played by whites: Agatha Christie's books are ALLLLLL about status in society (as were Jane Austen's) so moooshing up the characters as a variety of dubious and unfavored racial entities simply throws the whole plot into the shredder. It. Doesn't. Work.

You see what Kenneth Branagh simply doesn't get. He's the ex-Shakespearian actor who cast lots of absurd and bad Shakespeare plays with blacks and what-not (every-not: he would certainly have cast Eskimos if he could catch any)
He had the audacity to have Lawrence Fishbourne play a Moor.
He also had an African American play an italian in Romeo, but then again the audacity of having English doods play Italians appears to be just fine.

The vast majority of roles have been “traditionally“ white. So I guess I would say are black actors only allowed to play “traditionally” black roles? Honestly I think we need to look past what race/ethnicity plays what role and just appreciate good acting.

But there are exceptions. Some roles demand a particular race/ethnicity, but I don’t think this is one of them. She IS stunningly beautiful, I will agree. :)
I don't get the whole skin color thing.....is there a requirement of a certain shade of skin color and then no darker?

Yeah, there’s no implied racism in this thread at all.
The woke left make it sound like blacks actors never worked period. There have been many blacks casted programs. With black leads. The Jeffersons,Sanford and Son,Julia,Good Times,Whats Happening,The Cosby show ( and it’s spin off), Living Single,Martin,Family Matters etc…

Plus lots of shows with popular black cast members. Star Trek,Starsky and Hutch,Manix,Magnum PI,All In The Family ,Walker,Matlock,Dynasty name a few.

There has always been diversity in Movies and TV.

Hollywood is devoid of good ideas and innovation these days and they are perverse beyond normal peoples' imaginations.

Ex: GhostBusters remake.

Seriously, if one likes epic movies, love stories, or musicals, Bollywood is where it's at.

Hollywood has lost their way.
They are hiring all the wokesters straight out of college with zero life experience except sitting around coffee shops bitching about how bad they have it. Zzzz

Forum List

Back