Are trans in Florida discriminated against.

I have a trans daughter. She’s a straight-A student who’s looking at colleges. She’s not visibly trans. She’s petite with long blonde hair, a cheerleader. Her passport is female. Her birth certificate, which went through a legal process in the deeply Southern state where she was born, is female, as is her Social Security card. Her driver’s license, which she’s looking forward to, will be female. She won’t go through a male puberty. No one at her current school, except for administrators, knows that she’s trans. She’s smart and funny, and her main concern right now is her math final—as it should be.
snip
What parent would send their child to college at a place where they face criminal charges every time they use the bathroom? Of course, many have no choice, financially.

In-state tuition rates are one of the best things about Florida. Annual in-state tuition at Florida State University, for example, is $5,656. The transgender Florida resident who is now forced to look at out-of-state universities might take note of Massachusetts, where there are strong laws that protect trans people. However, the lowest tuition for an undergraduate degree within the University of Massachusetts institutions is $30,992 per year.

The out-of-state option at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth will cost a total of $120,612 while the in-state FSU option comes to $22,624.

Because of Governor DeSantis’ anti-trans bathroom bill, this family would be looking to pay an extra $97,988 for a college degree than without this law on the books. This law acts much like a penalty of almost $100,000 because your child is being discriminated against in the state of Florida for being transgender.

the cost of higher education.

Complete hogwash

I have never met a gay person discussing their sexual practices. That is mostly Conservatives.

I have met gays with their partners or holding hands.
Just like Heterosexuals.
So why is homosexuality being indoctrinated into children in public schools?

Funny how the feelings of actual women mean nothing to these fascists.............listen to leftists talk and straight white men are literally raping women in the streets just by existing...then, when one of the straight white males puts on a dress and wants to use the same bathroom as their minor daughters...all of a sudden that is just dandy...........

They truly are mentally ill..........

They're into perverted sex, put bluntly. So they will throw any of their previously held ideologies out the window if it upholds their highest ideal: perversions.

Women's rights? What are those, when loser men in their 40s can put on a dress and let their freak flag fly?

The examples go on and on and on. The question I ask myself is: why are we still taking their nonsense seriously?

So maybe she should use the bathroom that her real gender dictates. Problem solved, why should everyone else have to live in her fantasy world?
She will get beat up when she uses the bathroom.

I don't care what behind closed bedroom doors, just don't commit crimes.
Freedom, remember!

We know why closet queens speak out against "queers"
They've been taught by parents and family just like you to hate themselves.

BUT
Why do you scream like a woman about "queers?"
Only people screaming are you fagot pussy pajama boys....Why do you like looking at a man's ass and want to do things with it, that are deplorable?

american-manhood.jpg

I don't care what behind closed bedroom doors, just don't commit crimes.
Freedom, remember!
Rights for people is correct. Freedom is not a linear line. In that how we all live our lives. Freedom is however not being abused by law enforcement and a judicial system. We must comply. We must comply. We must comply. Cops destroy people trying to take care of their families and the political side you hate are for the same law and order. We are not so free as that tyrannical laws are not enforced for political discourse. It's how Joe could be a heterosexual loving family pushing man a few years ago and now a man who pushes every orifice of the human body open for business legally in any way and soon enough in any age You see, I am tired of being screwed over by arrogant authoritarians and those within it who screw with their own also. So you get empathy for your agendas you support. An eye for any eye, a tooth for a tooth, a family for a family. This nation is going down. It is just the speed to be determined. Remember those who phuked with you. And never help them if they need it.

We don't discriminate against the trannies here in Florida.

However, unlike the Democrat run Communist states we don't kiss their ass.
We had people transitioning from male to female in the Florida company I worked for before I retired and that was 18 years ago. I worked with a good number of gays who were out of the closet. I feel they were treated fairly and were good workers.

I know there are plenty of gay bars in Florida. I had gay friends and didn’t consider it to be a big deal. They knew I was straight and respected that fact and I respected the fact they were gay.

However I feel gay people should stay the hell away from young children and by the way I feel exactly the same for straight people.

So I clicked through to the article and the book this woman wrote about her daughter. Apparently, in their previous home, she was bothered about her daughter. So apparently at least at that time, she wasn't "passing".

I am not in favor of men being in women's spaces, like bathrooms and ESP locker rooms. But stringent laws are not necessarily the solution either for the reason we see above. Rarely, a trans woman will be able to "pass" as a woman. (Rarely). If that's the case, she comes into the woman's bathroom, quietly takes care of business and leaves--whatever. It's the trans that are CLEARLY men in a wig that are bothersome for many reasons.

And I do not see any reason, ever, for men to run around naked in locker rooms with girls because they "identify" as women. Shower at home.
Quietly taking care of business. Is this your requirement?

Yes it is..Without the indoctrination of children into the queer lifestyle, queer theory would go extinct.
That has got to be one of the stupidest things anyone on any thread has ever said.

Homosexuality was open and accepted for thousands of years until the homophobes wrote one passage in their bible.

Seriously, do try to think before clicking that post button.

Just like in sports.
Young girls for generations fought to have female sport teams. They were not allowed to play sports in schools across America for most of our history. They fought hard to get competitive sports for women. Now the regressive left demands to allow biological males destroy all of that and take it all back away again - AGAIN - so they can virtue signal about it.
Thankfully, some courageous girls in Connecticut are fighting back against having to compete against boys.

Forum List

Back