Are things like Chat GPT safe?

AI is a powerful tool. All powerful tools are as dangerous as they are useful.

Here's the thing about tools ... no matter how powerful they get ...

phantom-load.jpg

I don’t get why this GPT thing has spiked an interest in “what if AI takes over”

I’ve tried it. It’s a search engine that’s programmed to phrase its answers in conversation-like responses. What’s the big deal? What makes GPT so significant?

People have used it to perform work assignments for jobs they have no personal skills to perform....it's not an advanced telephone.
It's like they're calling everyone up to organize their job assignment.

You know zero about AI
. It cannot create . It has zero self awareness
Your response is irrelevant to what I said.

I was pointing out a thread starter with nothing more than "discuss" would normally get closed down.
Try to keep up before embarrassing yourself with an irrelevant remark and personal insults

This is not a proper thread starter:

"Please have a discussion"

Okay, I asked ChatGPT a couple questions. It's response is below. Then I went outside and asked a beetle. It just ignored my question and scurried away 😢

Screenshot_20230430-110056.png

Here's the thing about tools ... no matter how powerful they get ...

View attachment 779243

If only it were always so simple!

What do we do when AI is distributed throughout the whole internet and not under individual control, as in fact is the case?
Todays AI is very primitive.
AI intelligence is greatly lower then insects
Insects are amazing! They probably have the most adaptable neural networks of all animals. One of the reasons for their success!

They of course have tiny brains, but our brains are tiny compared to whales …

They have a very different “intelligence” than humans, and a more distributed neural system. Cut off their heads and “brains” and many can survive, move and even mate for days! In certain areas they are a thousand times more capable than we are. They have real (but limited) memories, and ability to learn.

Some moral philosophers & biologists even argue that insects have a limited, different, and primitive “consciousness.” They certainly show biological and observable signs of feeling pain, bliss, etc. They can scream in pain. Though not an insect, crustaceans are also interesting. Great Britain not long ago officially listed the boiling of lobsters as “cruelty to animals.”

Chat-GPT (in its many different forms) is still basically only various computer programs with tremendous memory potential and processing ability, a computerized intelligence that has been “trained” to act as, or pretend to be, a friend and helper when linked to individual computer machines.

AI can mimic being alive. That mimicking may itself prove to be dangerous to our society — especially our “social neural” networks.

In many ways AI is like a human-produced virus that has no life of its own, or on its own, but whose “DNA code” once interacting with living society … can wreck havoc. Though these new “learning” and “creative” AI programs are potentially marvelous tools, I think we will in future need to be increasingly careful creating, using and letting such potential “social viruses” out into the world.

Last edited:
An insect has basic awareness.
A comp has zero
So.
When you decided to insult me with that rant you quoted something that was completely irrelevant to your insult

"Please have a discussion" is the only thing I mentioned prior to your insults

I've already explained my problem was with the thread starter. Fuk off if you're too stupid to understand.

So.
When you decided to insult me with that rant you quoted something that was completely irrelevant to your insult

I've already explained my problem was with the thread starter. Fuk off if you're too stupid to understand.
Calm down .geez
You seem ok

Forum List

Back