Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

Just wondering because it seems like all the prophecies that I've been having lately have been coming true and I want to know what others around here think.

I think there are certain people that have the gift of prophecy. This doesn’t mean they are fortune tellers.

Some people can be mean, grumble, complain, and talk negative and everyone laughs at them. Some people can be bright and cheery and people mock them. A person with the gift of prophecy can force their mood unto others. They have the power to bring joy or pain to others. So I believe their are many prophets out there who have this gift. If you are one of them then take that responsibility seriously. Other people are reliant on you.

בס"ד
Bnayah and Yagel

Heritage | Torah Portion 'Haazinu'

Two musicians who grew up listening to the sounds of Piyout and continue to revive Hebrew poetry in contemporary music, talk about the last poetry of Mosheh Rabbenu,
and the choices that wrote the story of their lives

Last edited:
Reality: God no longer communicates directly to mankind via Prophets. (Heb.1:1-2). Jesus commissioned His hand picked Apostles to receive the power of the Holy Spirit in order to establish the infant N.T. church (that had no doctrine, with the OLD LAW of Moses having been nailed to the Cross of the Sacrifical Lamb of God....Christ Jesus -- Col. 2:14)

Jesus promised to reveal His message from heaven to the Apostles after His death, burial, resurrection and ascension. Jesus called the Holy Spirit the "Spirit of Truth".....THAT THE WORLD COULD NOT RECEIVE (John 14:15-21)

The Apostles and Prophets of the 1st century were the Foundation of the infant N.T. church......there can be only "ONE" foundation (Eph.2:20). Chirst Jesus was the chief cornerstone of that foundation......The Rock upon which the N.T. church was constructed (1 Cor. 10:4). Some claim that Peter was the Rock upon which the church was built because His name translates into Rock......but, the church was constructed upon the TRUTH revealed by Peter when asked, "Whom do you say that I (Jesus) Am? Peter replied, you are the Christ the Son of the Living God.........Jesus stated, It was God who revealed this truth to you not man.......and "UPON THIS ROCK I (I......not Peter) WILL BUILD MY CHURCH/KINGDOM (Matt.16)

The inspired Apostle enlighted us that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit were only Temporary until the infant church had established its doctrine..........Everything that pertains unto life and godliness/righteousness, arrived in the 1st century (2 Peter 1:3-10). The gifts were to last until that which is perfect comes ........The Greek word for perfect as used by Paul (1 Cor. 13:8-10) and 1 Cor.14) means, "complete, whole"......with text describing......THAT, not as a person such as Jesus but "THAT"......a thing, in this case its the completed Doctrine of the N.T. church, that which is made whole or complete is when the prophecies and the supernatural gifts would begin to fail. The same Greek word used by Paul "perfect"......is used again in scripture by James in describing the PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY (James 1:25)

We read in Jude 3, The Christian faith has been delivered ONCE.........by the saints of the 1st century.

Some people claim that these gifts still exist.........such as the supernatural gift of prophecy. Examine what the scriptures declare about "PROPHETS": Prophets are allowed to speak only what God has commanded them to speak.......examples: (Numbers 22:28-20,38, 23:12). A prophet has some control over revealing his/her prophecies (1 Cor. 14:29-32). Prophets in the N.T were to reveal their message in front of other prophets to test for truth as to not allow false prophets to present false doctrine. (1 John 4:1) We are told to test all prophets and their messages..........how? By comparing them to what has already been revealed and confirmed........the Word of God. (Gal. 1:6-10). No prophecy will contradict the inspired words of the Holy Spirit, as All Scripture is inspired by God........meaning in the orginal Greek........inspired means "God Breathed"

How did any disciples of Christ receive the supernatural gifts of the Spirit? By the laying on of the hands of an Apostle of Christ. One of the marks or traits of a true Apostle of Christ was the right to pass on supernatural gifts of the spirit in order to help receive the Spirit of Truth (that the world could not receive John 14:15-21) in order to establish godliness or righteous doctrine from heaven. There was a person who practiced sorcery named "Simon" who saw that these gifts of the Spirit came from the "laying on of hands".......attempted to purchase this gift from Peter......who told him, "........You have neither part nor lot in this matter (Acts 8:17-19).

Paul pointed out the same thing..........the Gifts of the Spirit existed by the laying on of hands by an Apostle of Christ (2 Tim.1:6, 1 Tim. 4:14).

Thus......when the last apostle of Christ died, the ability to bestow these gifts ceased to exist. When the last disciple of Christ died that had received one of these supernatural gifts by the laying on of an Apostles hands.......all such gifts dies along with that last remaining disciple. Now, the Gifts of the Spirit that we as Christians can receive are limited to but 3......Faith, Hope and Charity/Love.......with the latter (Love) being the greatest gift of the Spirit. (1 Cor. 13:13)

Last edited:
Reality: God no longer communicates directly to mankind via Prophets. (Heb.1:1-2). Jesus commissioned His hand picked Apostles to receive the power of the Holy Spirit in order to establish the infant N.T. church (that had no doctrine, with the OLD LAW of Moses having been nailed to the Cross of the Sacrifical Lamb of God....Christ Jesus -- Col. 2:14)

Jesus promised to reveal His message from heaven to the Apostles after His death, burial, resurrection and ascension. Jesus called the Holy Spirit the "Spirit of Truth".....THAT THE WORLD COULD NOT RECEIVE (John 14:15-21)

The Apostles and Prophets of the 1st century were the Foundation of the infant N.T. church......there can be only "ONE" foundation (Eph.2:20). Chirst Jesus was the chief cornerstone of that foundation......The Rock upon which the N.T. church was constructed (1 Cor. 10:4). Some claim that Peter was the Rock upon which the church was built because His name translates into Rock......but, the church was constructed upon the TRUTH revealed by Peter when asked, "Whom do you say that I (Jesus) Am? Peter replied, you are the Christ the Son of the Living God.........Jesus stated, It was God who revealed this truth to you not man.......and "UPON THIS ROCK I (I......not Peter) WILL BUILD MY CHURCH/KINGDOM (Matt.16)

The inspired Apostle enlighted us that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit were only Temporary until the infant church had established its doctrine..........Everything that pertains unto life and godliness/righteousness, arrived in the 1st century (2 Peter 1:3-10). The gifts were to last until that which is perfect comes ........The Greek word for perfect as used by Paul (1 Cor. 13:8-10) and 1 Cor.14) means, "complete, whole"......with text describing......THAT, not as a person such as Jesus but "THAT"......a thing, in this case its the completed Doctrine of the N.T. church, that which is made whole or complete is when the prophecies and the supernatural gifts would begin to fail. The same Greek word used by Paul "perfect"......is used again in scripture by James in describing the PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY (James 1:25)

We read in Jude 3, The Christian faith has been delivered ONCE.........by the saints of the 1st century.

Some people claim that these gifts still exist.........such as the supernatural gift of prophecy. Examine what the scriptures declare about "PROPHETS": Prophets are allowed to speak only what God has commanded them to speak.......examples: (Numbers 22:28-20,38, 23:12). A prophet has some control over revealing his/her prophecies (1 Cor. 14:29-32). Prophets in the N.T were to reveal their message in front of other prophets to test for truth as to not allow false prophets to present false doctrine. (1 John 4:1) We are told to test all prophets and their messages..........how? By comparing them to what has already been revealed and confirmed........the Word of God. (Gal. 1:6-10). No prophecy will contradict the inspired words of the Holy Spirit, as All Scripture is inspired by God........meaning in the orginal Greek........inspired means "God Breathed"

How did any disciples of Christ receive the supernatural gifts of the Spirit? By the laying on of the hands of an Apostle of Christ. One of the marks or traits of a true Apostle of Christ was the right to pass on supernatural gifts of the spirit in order to help receive the Spirit of Truth (that the world could not receive John 14:15-21) in order to establish godliness or righteous doctrine from heaven. There was a person who practiced sorcery named "Simon" who saw that these gifts of the Spirit came from the "laying on of hands".......attempted to purchase this gift from Peter......who told him, "........You have neither part nor lot in this matter (Acts 8:17-19).

Paul pointed out the same thing..........the Gifts of the Spirit existed by the laying on of hands by an Apostle of Christ (2 Tim.1:6, 1 Tim. 4:14).

Thus......when the last apostle of Christ died, the ability to bestow these gifts ceased to exist. When the last disciple of Christ died that had received one of these supernatural gifts by the laying on of an Apostles hands.......all such gifts dies along with that last remaining disciple. Now, the Gifts of the Spirit that we as Christians can receive are limited to but 3......Faith, Hope and Charity/Love.......with the latter (Love) being the greatest gift of the Spirit. (1 Cor. 13:13)

Religions and mythology rose to fill the void - after Prophecy stopped.
As the rise of religions is the symptom of a lack of dialogue,
the return of Israel - is the sign of its return.

Prophecy started reviving in around 1860,
with the opening of the gates of wisdom.

Collectively it is a living reality in Israel.

Last edited:
Hanan Ben Ari - Holem Kmo Yosef (Dreaming Like Yosef)

Every human is expelled from the Garden of 'Eden
Everyone goes through a flood
Everyone has some Abel (vanity)
Of whom he is jealous till death
In each a tower of revolt and confusion

Every human walks to him/herself from father's house
Everyone almost binds his son
Deep inside there is a small Sodom
That he only wants to wipe out already
And there are angels to rescue him

And me as well, dreaming like Yosef
Yes, I too was thrown in a pit
Wheel returning in a costume
And like David I'm making of it a Psalm
Making of it a Psalm

Each one is queen like Ester
Defeating like Dvorah any army that will come
Like each, she also cries secretly
Like Rahel, like Mosheh on Mount Nevo

And me as well, dreaming like Yosef...

Every human created in the image
Coal burning mysteries and clues
Everyone is good material for a movie
A new role in a story ancient of days

What does the 'Great Eagle' write about
schools of prophecy and jamming?

Religions and mythology rose to fill the void - after Prophecy stopped.
As the rise of religions is the symptom of a lack of dialogue,
the return of Israel - is the sign of its return.

Prophecy started reviving in around 1860,
with the opening of the gates of wisdom.

Collectively it is a living reality in Israel.

I prefer the Word of God to any reprobate opinion.

There is only ONE Israel today.......and its not the fake Isarel that was established by man in the 20th century. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile.........there is only Spiritual Israel that exists in the form of Christianity (Gal.3:28, Romans 2:23-29, Romans 9:6-8)

Clearly the scriptures are not ambiguous whatsoever. "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh but he is a Jew who is one inwardly (just as prohecised in Jer. 31:31-34), and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter, whose praise is not from men but from God." -- Romans 2:29.

The Point Paul the Apostle was making is clear, Isarel as it existed in the early 1st century claimed to be keeing the Law (of Moses)....but failed to do so (as pointed out in Matthew 23), Hence Israel lost the right to be called God's chosen people. History Actaul proves that Biblical Israel was destroyed and its people scattered around the globe by the Roman Empire around A.D. 70......beginning in A.D. 66 (a nation who was lead by Kings appointed by God, with a tribe of Royal Priests ....the Levities that contolled all types of scacrifices suitable unto God......a government ruled by the Law of God not men, a nation that was still in possession of a portion of the lands of promise......Modern Israel has no God appointed King, its ruled by man made laws and man appointed politicians..........Modern Isarel has no tribal ID's.........nor do they possess the very land where the Temple stood, nor have they rebuilt any Temple. Modern Israel is but a poor imitation of Biblical Israel, that was appointed by the U.N.

Peter also confirmed the fact that the Jews were rejected because they disobeyed God and refused to accept Jesus as the Christ, and this allowed the Gentiles into the N.T. of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:9-10)

The Gospel Truth of the Kingdom of God was preached exculsively to the Jews as prominsed in prophecy.......but only a Few, a loyal remnent was transfered into the Kingdom/Church, just as prophecised in Isa. 10:20, and confirmed by Paul in Romans 2:27-29; those that accepted Jesus as the Christ of prophecy. Gentiles were not formally introduced to the N.T. of Jesus Christ until a decade after the church/kingdom came into existence (Acts 10). There is only one path that leads to the Father, Christ Jesus. "I AM the way, the truth, and the life........no one comes to the Father except by Me." -- John 14:6

Christianity, faith in Christ Jesus destroyed the wall that separated the Jew and the Gentiles. "For He (Jesus Christ) is our peace, who hath made both (Jew and Greek) one; and has broken down the middle wall of partition betwee us... " -- Eph. 2:14.

It was the Old Law of Moses that was exculsively resereved for only one nation (Biblical Israel -- Deut.) that Jesus nailed to His cross -- Col. 2:14

I prefer the Word of God to any reprobate opinion.

There is only ONE Israel today.......and its not the fake Isarel that was established by man in the 20th century. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile.........there is only Spiritual Israel that exists in the form of Christianity (Gal.3:28, Romans 2:23-29, Romans 9:6-8)

Clearly the scriptures are not ambiguous whatsoever. "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh but he is a Jew who is one inwardly (just as prohecised in Jer. 31:31-34), and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter, whose praise is not from men but from God." -- Romans 2:29.

The Point Paul the Apostle was making is clear, Isarel as it existed in the early 1st century claimed to be keeing the Law (of Moses)....but failed to do so (as pointed out in Matthew 23), Hence Israel lost the right to be called God's chosen people. History Actaul proves that Biblical Israel was destroyed and its people scattered around the globe by the Roman Empire around A.D. 70......beginning in A.D. 66 (a nation who was lead by Kings appointed by God, with a tribe of Royal Priests ....the Levities that contolled all types of scacrifices suitable unto God......a government ruled by the Law of God not men, a nation that was still in possession of a portion of the lands of promise......Modern Israel has no God appointed King, its ruled by man made laws and man appointed politicians..........Modern Isarel has no tribal ID's.........nor do they possess the very land where the Temple stood, nor have they rebuilt any Temple. Modern Israel is but a poor imitation of Biblical Israel, that was appointed by the U.N.

Peter also confirmed the fact that the Jews were rejected because they disobeyed God and refused to accept Jesus as the Christ, and this allowed the Gentiles into the N.T. of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:9-10)

The Gospel Truth of the Kingdom of God was preached exculsively to the Jews as prominsed in prophecy.......but only a Few, a loyal remnent was transfered into the Kingdom/Church, just as prophecised in Isa. 10:20, and confirmed by Paul in Romans 2:27-29; those that accepted Jesus as the Christ of prophecy. Gentiles were not formally introduced to the N.T. of Jesus Christ until a decade after the church/kingdom came into existence (Acts 10). There is only one path that leads to the Father, Christ Jesus. "I AM the way, the truth, and the life........no one comes to the Father except by Me." -- John 14:6

Christianity, faith in Christ Jesus destroyed the wall that separated the Jew and the Gentiles. "For He (Jesus Christ) is our peace, who hath made both (Jew and Greek) one; and has broken down the middle wall of partition betwee us... " -- Eph. 2:14.

It was the Old Law of Moses that was exculsively resereved for only one nation (Biblical Israel -- Deut.) that Jesus nailed to His cross -- Col. 2:14

Try to make it simple.

What does that have to do with Prophecy?

Last edited:
I only know what God tells me as He tells me what I need to know and when I need to know it. I don't just go around doing it whenever I feel like it.

So, what does all of this mean exactly?

There are schools for prophets here in Atlanta.

Try to make it simple.

What does that have to do with Prophecy?

There is no such animal as a modern day prophet.........anyone that suggests that prophecy still exists as it did in the 1st century A.D. is a liar. Simple....plain. Why listen to modern day fakes? :dunno:
There is no authorization for modern day prophets to be found in the actual content of THE WORD OF GOD. No one can tell the future, its not set in stone........its based upon free will decisions made by men.

Not even the God of creation has the ability to look into the future and define what men will be thinking and deciding in the future. Only God can "foretell" the future, not because its locked in stone and He knows what's going to happen before it happens such as the fake Tarot Card readers or the Modern Day, supposed Christian TV evangelists that declare, "God loves you but send your money to MY ADDRESS.........."

How does God command future events? He plans for them in the present and uses His omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Authority to make the things He has planned for come to realization at a time of His chosing. Who is going to stop God from manipulating the very things He created from nothing by His Word? (Isa. 46:9-11)

How do we know that God does not control nor can forecast the thoughts of men and free will decision making exists to mankind as a gift from God? "The Lord (God) saw that wickedness of man was great in the Earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart (mind) was only evil continually. AND THE LORD REGRETTED THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH, AND IT GRIEVED HIM IN HIS HEART.........." -- Genesis 6:5-6

How could God regret or be grieved.........if God knew what men would do with his gift of free will decision making? He could not or would not regret or fell grief.....if He knew in advance what men would be thinking in the future......why not simply NOT CREATE MAN in the first place instead of rebooting His creation, and starting over? :disbelief:

As stated.........Christian Doctrine is commanded to be taken from the revealtions presented by the Apostles of Christ as inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. Thus........what righteous Christian would even consider any opinion that clearly comes from a "reprobate" mind? A reprobate mind is a mind upon which the God of Creation has given up on ever reaching.

When a person stops believing, inspite of the evidences that surround he/she from the things which are created....., that proves God indeed exists as Lord over everything seen.........that person is allowed to live and die within the confines of his/her reprobate mind. Reprobate as used in scripture as translated from the original Greek means: UNAPPORVED, WORTHLESS, REJECTED, CAST AWAY. In other words when someone stops beliving in God........God stops believing in them. For God does not need man......man needs God. God needs nothing from Man (Acts 17:24-25)

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient...." -- Romans 1:28. Things such as lying and pretending they are prophets of God, doing God's will..........in order to take advantage of the gullible for money, fame, etc.,

There is no promise anywhere in the Word of God that "tomorrow" will even come..........we live one day at a time and all any of us have.......is the Present. Its a gift from God......we live by the Grace of God, We live because God allows us to live.

No one knows when there will be NO TOMORROW........our STAR/SUN......can go supernova in an instant, it does not because only God knows what He has planned. Control and Time are nothing but allusions......

"

Last edited:
There is no such animal as a modern day prophet.........anyone that suggests that prophecy still exists as it did in the 1st century A.D. is a liar. Simple....plain. Why listen to modern day fakes? :dunno:
There is no authorization for modern day prophets to be found in the actual content of THE WORD OF GOD. No one can tell the future, its not set in stone........its based upon free will decisions made by men.

That's a rational position for an individual.
Although prophecy stopped about 400 years prior to that.
Before addressing any specific traits of a prophet, it's essential
first to ask what is Prophecy, and what is the purpose of Prophecy.

Of course, the first thing to understand about Prophecy is its absence.
And that this absence for 2 millennia is not a natural condition,
because humanity is intended for Prophecy by birth.

Before the rise of religions, there was Prophecy,
G-d's presence was sensed in every aspect of
public and individual domains, for the longer
period of the history of human civilization.

Not even the God of creation has the ability to look into the future and define what men will be thinking and deciding in the future. Only God can "foretell" the future, not because its locked in stone and He knows what's going to happen before it happens such as the fake Tarot Card readers or the Modern Day, supposed Christian TV evangelists that declare, "God loves you but send your money to MY ADDRESS.........."

How does God command future events? He plans for them in the present and uses His omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Authority to make the things He has planned for come to realization at a time of His chosing. Who is going to stop God from manipulating the very things He created from nothing by His Word? (Isa. 46:9-11)

Much ink has been spilled over the question of Knowing and Choice.
There are essentially 3 vectors a human mind can grasp.

• Diminish the extent of G-d's Knowledge for Choice.
  • Make Choice obsolete, because G-d Knowing can't be lacking
  • Accept that G-d's Knowing and Choice are not restricted by a logical contradiction.
In other words, it's simultaneously particles and waves.

Now, in that context time is also of that nature of questions,
although the future is usually associated with Prophecy,
it's not the only function and purpose.

Rather the Hebrew nation only
recorded prophecy relevant
to all generations.

How do we know that God does not control nor can forecast the thoughts of men and free will decision making exists to mankind as a gift from God? "The Lord (God) saw that wickedness of man was great in the Earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart (mind) was only evil continually. AND THE LORD REGRETTED THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH, AND IT GRIEVED HIM IN HIS HEART.........." -- Genesis 6:5-6

How could God regret or be grieved.........if God knew what men would do with his gift of free will decision making? He could not or would not regret or fell grief.....if He knew in advance what men would be thinking in the future......why not simply NOT CREATE MAN in the first place instead of rebooting His creation, and starting over? :disbelief:

Anthropomorphism is not a question of CAN but WANT.

As stated.........Christian Doctrine is commanded to be taken from the revealtions presented by the Apostles of Christ as inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. Thus........what righteous Christian would even consider any opinion that clearly comes from a "reprobate" mind? A reprobate mind is a mind upon which the God of Creation has given up on ever reaching.

When a person stops believing, inspite of the evidences that surround he/she from the things which are created....., that proves God indeed exists as Lord over everything seen.........that person is allowed to live and die within the confines of his/her reprobate mind. Reprobate as used in scripture as translated from the original Greek means: UNAPPORVED, WORTHLESS, REJECTED, CAST AWAY. In other words when someone stops beliving in God........God stops believing in them. For God does not need man......man needs God. God needs nothing from Man (Acts 17:24-25)

This world only exists because G-d's belief in humanity
is regardless of anyone's confusion on the path.

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient...." -- Romans 1:28. Things such as lying and pretending they are prophets of God, doing God's will..........in order to take advantage of the gullible for money, fame, etc.,

There is no promise anywhere in the Word of God that "tomorrow" will even come..........we live one day at a time and all any of us have.......is the Present. Its a gift from God......we live by the Grace of God, We live because God allows us to live.

No one knows when there will be NO TOMORROW........our STAR/SUN......can go supernova in an instant, it does not because only God knows what He has planned. Control and Time are nothing but allusions......"

Of course, there's the return of Prophecy,
and a modern day prophetic nation,
exactly as promised by G-d.

After that,
I will pour out My spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and daughters shall prophesy;
Your old men shall dream dreams,
And your young men shall see visions.

- Yoel 3,1​

Last edited:
I'd say to be careful. You don't want to end up like John the Baptist.

View attachment 699427
That story comes from the A.D. era River Jordan Christ figure Theudas, who had his mentor John (who Theudas initially followed) killed when his friend and follower Salome turned him in, then this Christ(used as a portion of the Jesus myth) stole many of John's followers. -as per accounts of surviving followers of John now called Mandeans (a sect of Sabians).
Mandeans deem Jesus as the false prophet and John as the righteous one.

Just wondering because it seems like all the prophecies that I've been having lately have been coming true and I want to know what others around here think.
You can be a prophet if your money and who you affiliate with is completely clean.
Also, I am in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have prophets and apostles.

Guess who the prophets were in the Bible. Here's a hint: Israel.

Yup. Only Israelites were prophets of God. Not Egyptians, not Assyrians, not Persians, not Greeks, not you, not me, not anyone except ancient Israel.

Guess who the prophets were in the Bible. Here's a hint: Israel.

Yup. Only Israelites were prophets of God. Not Egyptians, not Assyrians, not Persians, not Greeks, not you, not me, not anyone except ancient Israel.

There was Iyov (Job), and there was Bil'am...

But what makes Hebrew prophecy unique - it is collective.
The return of Prophecy is not about a single prophet in Israel,
and not only about Israel, and not about a part of the generation.

Last edited:
A prophet is, as one person said but I can' recall whom, someone who speaks for God

So there are prophets if that is the true and best defintion of the word. the problem is, many APPEAR to speak for God and people listen to.. appearances.. too much.. way too much

so yeh.. there may appear to be prophets but who knows how many of them are REALLY speaking for God?

Jesus addresses this problem.. Do ya think?

He established a CHURCH to speak for God.. do God's will

(in a world that does not do His will.. )

Forum List

Back