Are there any left leaning or liberal mods?

And since there are currently two admins and two mods on site, I can't help wondering why this thread is still running.
It should run...nobody has been disrespectful and ugly to the staff here. Everyones voicing their opinions and while it may not be that nice to read :) it's fine. This is your forum. If everyone was praising us we'd leave it open right? Well the same goes with the negative. Fair is fair :)

I sent you a pm btw :)
Cool, then.

So what the heck is up with only ONE female staff member?

Seriously.

Old boys?

That bothers me more then all right or left.... The lack of female mods....

Don't get me wrong.... i like the men that are in. I just find the lack of male/female balance is...disturbing.

It should run...nobody has been disrespectful and ugly to the staff here. Everyones voicing their opinions and while it may not be that nice to read :) it's fine. This is your forum. If everyone was praising us we'd leave it open right? Well the same goes with the negative. Fair is fair :)

Cool, then.

Seriously.

Old boys?

Don't get me wrong.... i like the men that are in. I just find the lack of male/female balance is...disturbing.
Reminder of my earlier post,
KittenCoder - Female - Liberal - quit
Jillian - Female - Liberal - quit
Care4All - Female - Liberal - quit
EchoZulu - Female - Liberal - quit

The board isn't biased, mods are free to move on, and they do.

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

Generally sanity is a trait mods are picked for.... liesmatters would not fit that bill...unless it was the insane running the asylum kind of thing.

If that were true I wouldn't be a mod........ :eusa_whistle:

:eek:

I knew i could flush the crazy ones out!!!

I do, especially when they appoint someone like Pale to be a mod. The right would flip if Truthmatters was made a mod.....I don't post much here anymore, and it has nothing to do with the politics of this board, but I still don't want to see this place go down the toilet because they want to bulk up on right wing mods.

Generally sanity is a trait mods are picked for.... liesmatters would not fit that bill...unless it was the insane running the asylum kind of thing.

If that were true I wouldn't be a mod........ :eusa_whistle:

Yer a mod?

ok... just finished the thread. Couple of comments.

Good to see the admin/mods let this thread stay open.
Good to see admin/mods allow its membership say whats on their minds.
Good to see cereal killer (admin) participate in a discussion! Something i feel has been lacking since the day i joined.
Good to see CK addressing issues that have come up.
I have zero issue with who we have as mods...so long as they are fair i really don't care which way they lean.

:clap:

An issue bothering me that i have noticed, is the the use of miserable user to punish. I find that rather underhanded.... flat out ban someone if you are pissed off at them.

Cool, then.

Seriously.

Old boys?

I mentioned it a few weeks back and made my nomination...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/218120-should-mal-be-a-mod-the-usmb-5.html#post5122554

Cool, then.

Seriously.

Old boys?

EZ was pretty centrist once you got to know her.

Cool, then.

Seriously.

Old boys?

I did not say the board was biased..... and yes i saw your post as i read the thread. My response was to a post that came before your post did. :tongue:

I do not know kittencoder..... however of the remaining 3.... Jillian, Care and EZ.... i would also ask the WHY they quit question.....

I do not expect you to tell me why.... nor do i expect them to give reasons..... i do feel the why is important though.

KittenCoder - Female - Liberal - quit she left due to the hostile nature of the board toward her.....she was having some issues and suddenly left

feel free to ask jillian why she quit she is still here...

care and echo had changing family circumstances

and how long ago did kitten and jillian quit?

why not look at male mods who have quit?

and how does anyone know who quits etc

male mods who have quit or been fired:

gunny
elvis
del
bm
intense
article
oddball

i am sure there are more.

I did not say the board was biased..... and yes i saw your post as i read the thread. My response was to a post that came before your post did. :tongue:

I do not know kittencoder..... however of the remaining 3.... Jillian, Care and EZ.... i would also ask the WHY they quit question.....

I do not expect you to tell me why.... nor do i expect them to give reasons..... i do feel the why is important though.

people take the mod thing not realizing how long it will take them or how much bs is involved.

I have no problem with ANY of the mods, even those I've gone a round or two with. And until they give reason to make us believe that they are irresponsible or incompetent in their positions, I think all should have our support as well as profound appreciation despite their lavish compensation and perks. :)

Really, you guys that seem to have problems with some of the recent appontments being 'polarizing', should put it into proper perspective.

They could have picked me. :)
Personally, I have had no problem with any of them, either.

This is more a question of the perception of the body of orange by the membership.

In this case, perception is important.

jillian didn't quit.

you should stick to things you know about, bat boy

Forum List

Back