Are there any economic beneffits from global corporations ?

Thanks.

We may disagree on the benefit of global corporations. I sure don't trust them but by the fact that they exist and grow proves they turn a profit and benefit workers and investors. Just a matter of perspective.

Sounds like interesting work. Real estate investment is good for a good night's sleep!

Cheers,

Bill

The baseline of my argument is that global corporations do not bring any beneffit for free market economies.
and we know thats completely stupid and liberal since people buy from them only for the benefit derived therefrom. What conclusion could be stupider? Another perfect example of liberalism being based in pure ignorance.

Ridiculous government regulations make one big company more efficient than two smaller companies.
Compliance costs for Sarbanes Oxley, for example, are ridiculous.
Yet another example of a liberal solution making things worse for the people liberals claim they are helping.

This only applies to natural monopolies.

"In the case of natural monopolies, trying to increase competition by encouraging new entrants into the market creates a potential loss of efficiency. The efficiency loss to society would exist if the new entrant had to duplicate all the fixed factors - that is, the infrastructure"
Natural monopolies exist when one firm dominates an industry

And natural monopolies MUST be ragulated.

"Natural monopolies are uncontestable and firms have no real competition. Therefore, without government intervention, they could abuse their market power and set higher prices. Therefore, natural monopolies often need government regulation."

That is just basic economics 101.

This only applies to natural monopolies.

Your claim still makes no sense.
Are you saying that only natural monopolies need to be regulated?
Deregulate everything else?

Monopolies and Oligopolies have to be avoided.
Natural monopolies can be allowed, but they must be regulated ( they must have price controls).

I am arriving to the conclusion that global corporations do not beneffit the economy at all.
They actually harm it because they tend create cross country monopolies, evade taxes and practice dumping.
But I would like to hear if someone thinks global corporations have some beneffit.

I must underscore the word global . Please notice corporations are an absolute must for every healthy economy, specially medium and small corporations.

I agree with you. In general the multinational corporations do tremendous economic harm to the local economies. I don't shop in any of them and I no longer use Amazon either, when I found out what a prick their CEO is and how shitily they treat their employees.

Natural monopolies can be allowed, but they must be regulated ( they must have price controls).

Okay.
What about idiotic overregulation, should that be avoided?

The baseline of my argument is that global corporations do not bring any beneffit for free market economies.
and we know thats completely stupid and liberal since people buy from them only for the benefit derived therefrom. What conclusion could be stupider? Another perfect example of liberalism being based in pure ignorance.
Baiamonte,
Could you name some of your percieved beneffits from global corporations as oposed to local corporations, instead of going through your usual spam-bot rant?

Could you name some of your percieved beneffits from global corporations as oposed to local corporations, instead of going through your usual spam-bot rant?

dear, people buy Toyotas because they are a more reliable car than Detroit liberal union junk. OMG your questions never rise above 2nd grade level?

You recite the liberal brainwashing not even suspecting it is not meant to make any sense!! everything you think you think is pure marxist brainwashing. You just asked why do people buy from toyota???? Imagine how brainwashed you have to be to ask that?

Okay.
What about idiotic overregulation, should that be avoided?
Certainly , if you can keep
dear, people buy Toyotas because they are a more reliable car than Detroit liberal union junk. OMG your questions never rise above 2nd grade level?

You recite the liberal brainwashing not even suspecting it is not meant to make any sense!! everything you think you think is pure marxist brainwashing. You just asked why do people buy from toyota???? Imagine how brainwashed you have to be to ask that?

Baiamonte, I fear you do not understand my question at all.
I do not have any problems with companies exporting or importing goods from all over the world.
Nor do I have any problem if investors from company A from Japan decide to create a new company B in the US, which operates and pays taxes acording to US laws and re.invests its capital or not seeing its self interest.
My ONLY problem is that company A from Japan creates a filial company B, which in all likelyhood will try to funel profits to company A or viceversa, distorting the market.

Baiamonte, I fear you do not understand my question at all.

too stupid you asked what is the benefit of a global corporation like Toyota. Ans: it allows Americans to better higher quality which they could not buy if toyota was not global. Care to word your question more intelligently or admit as a typical liberal you lack the IQ for the thread you started??

My ONLY problem is that company A from Japan creates a filial company B, which in all likelyhood will try to funel profits to company A or viceversa, distorting the market.

dear, you clean forgot to say what you mean by distorting the market. Care to correct yourself??

it seems the culturedcitizen left the room rather than defend his own moronic thread. It shows how poorly thought out liberalism really is. Liberal brainwashing works great until the liberal checks to see if it makes any sense at all. Then, the liberal gets deeply embarrassed and runs away to hide. But, the liberal can show the character to become a conservative/libertarian.

it seems the culturedcitizen left the room rather than defend his own moronic thread. It shows how poorly thought out liberalism really is. Liberal brainwashing works great until the liberal checks to see if it makes any sense at all. Then, the liberal gets deeply embarrassed and runs away to hide. But, the liberal can show the character to become a conservative/libertarian.
When a member from the USMB supports his posts with refernces, I shall reply .
While the arguments sound like the output of a spambot I will just refrain from answering.

I am arriving to the conclusion that global corporations do not beneffit the economy at all.
They actually harm it because they tend create cross country monopolies, evade taxes and practice dumping.
But I would like to hear if someone thinks global corporations have some beneffit.

I must underscore the word global . Please notice corporations are an absolute must for every healthy economy, specially medium and small corporations.
I believe a Commerce Clause with the UN, could solve that simple oversight.

The easiest would be to tax global corps on global income. That would make unproffitable to have a global corporation.
But the point here is if having global corporations has some tangible benefit for the market.

The easiest would be to tax global corps on global income. That would make unproffitable to have a global corporation.
But the point here is if having global corporations has some tangible benefit for the market.
How do you ensure uniformity with States' rights?

no, Apple, Google, GE and Walmart have no tangible benefit!! Its so obvious!! People buy their stuff and work for them because they are crazy!!

See why we have to be positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

Forum List

Back