Are There Any Christians That Believe In Ghosts?

Christians Know that there is a spiritual realm.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And we also know that once a person dies...THEY cannot/will not/don't consider coming back to earth.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 ESV /​

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

Hebrews 9:27 ESV /​

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

1 John 4:1 ESV /​

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Psalm 115:17 ESV /​

The dead do not praise the Lord, nor do any who go down into silence.

Leviticus 19:31 ESV /​

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

1 Timothy 2:5 ESV /​

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Romans 5:12 ESV /​

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Isaiah 8:19 ESV /​

And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

Luke 16:26 ESV /​

And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.’

Last edited:
i'm interested in your experiences. Care to share?

I already did lol check the paranormal forum.

Seeing as how Christianity is based on the scripture in the Bible, this is what it says.

You can't learn everything from the Bible you know. Just yesterday I learned that Gozer the Gozerian was in the Bible from Leo123. Just ask him. Still waiting on if the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man was in there and Jesus and His disciples had S'mores though.

You can't learn everything from the Bible you know. Just yesterday I learned that Gozer the Gozerian was in the Bible from Leo123. Just ask him. Still waiting on if the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man was in there and Jesus and His disciples had S'mores though.

You're lucky God has a sense of humor.

We're all lucky. :04:

When you "cross" yourself you say:

"In the name of the Father...and of the Son...and of the Holy Ghost.

Anyhoo...do I believe I am nothing more than worm food? NOPE! :D

You're lucky God has a sense of humor.

We're all lucky. :04:

I know hehe as I figured He knew I was just joking and most Christians do. As long as it isn't offensive or making fun of Him in any way, shape, or form,.. I think He laughs about stuff too sometimes.😂

I think Angels can come to earth to help us. especially children.

oh... You have the cat story!!

I think Angels can come to earth to help us. especially children.

oh... You have the cat story!!

Yep and btw who doesn't grin with that Ghostbusters song? It's so catchy and Jesus Christ is the TRUE Ghostbuster. :D (I also have another thread in here where I talked about that after banishing a dark entity in His name.)

Oh and for the record the female version of that movie sucked but the Afterlife movie was really good!! :D

FJB
You can't learn everything from the Bible you know. Just yesterday I learned that Gozer the Gozerian was in the Bible from @Leo123.

Galt and Jones are correct. The dead will sleep until Judgement Day according to the Bible.

But this doesn't mean you have to give up your beloved ghosts.

People are free to "customize" their religious faith to better serve their spiritual needs.

Galt and Jones are correct. The dead will sleep until Judgement Day according to the Bible.

But this doesn't mean you have to give up your beloved ghosts.

People are free to "customize" their religious faith to better serve their spiritual needs.

Well I am an unorthodox Christian,... But I'm not a Ghostbuster so I really hope the ghosts know they don't exist if that's truly the case.

They all do. Ever heard of the holy ghost?

Jesus fucking Christ the stupid outweighs the delusion by light years.

Wrong, and his question wasn't stupid. When people talk about "ghosts" it is generally understood they're talking about the type of "ghost" that supposedly is a spirit of dead person that sticks around and haunts houses. Not the Holy Spirit, who is God. Obviously Christians believe the latter, but that's an entirely different thing.

The type of ghosts FJB was asking about (she can correct me if I'm wrong) are the alleged spirits of dead people (or an animal) and as JGalt and someone else already said, that is unbiblical. I'm sorry if that makes a few here mad. :(

As someone else already said, the alleged ghosts that people have had experiences with are usually demons being deceptive (which is their nature.) Read 2 Corinthians 11:14–15. Or it could be something else, but according to the bible, it's definitely not the spirit of a dead person.

Again, I know that a few people here probably will hate to hear that. But if anyone gets mad about that, it's not us they should be mad at, but the bible and basic Christianity. :dunno:

Last edited:
Seeing as how Christianity is based on the scripture in the Bible, this is what it says.

Hebrews 9:27 declares, “Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.”

Therefore there is no possibility of remaining on earth in spirit form as a “ghost.” However, the Bible teaches very clearly that there are spirit beings who can connect with and appear in our physical world. The Bible identifies these beings as angels and demons.

:clap: :clap::clap:

Thank you, it took 19 posts before someone got the right answer! :lol:

Wrong, and his question wasn't stupid. When people talk about "ghosts" it is generally understood they're talking about the type of "ghost" that supposedly is a spirit of dead person that sticks around and haunts houses. Not the Holy Spirit, who is God. Obviously Christians believe the latter, but that's an entirely different thing.

No, you are correct. (Also, I don't hate you for the record. :) )

Forum List

Back