Are There Any Christians That Believe In Ghosts?

Christians used to believe in the Holy Ghost. When I was in Catholic school we used to say Holy Ghost but it got changed to Holy Spirit. Me, I don't discount ghosts even though I have never actually seen one. Trying to contact dead folks (ghosts) is as old as the human race.

Last edited:
Christians used to believe in the Holy Ghost.

I still do BUT you never answered my question. If the Gozer the Gozerian existed in the Bible,.. did the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man and did Jesus and His disciples eat S'mores?

I still do BUT you never answered my question. If the Gozer the Gozerian existed in the Bible,.. did the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man and did Jesus and His disciples eat S'mores?
Everyone likes Smores.

Everyone likes Smores.

Yeah, too bad it wasn't invented back then for real lol I bet Jesus would have loved them and I don't think they had chocolate either and I'm almost certain that they didn't have candy.

Yeah, too bad it wasn't invented back then for real lol I bet Jesus would have loved them and I don't think they had chocolate either and I'm almost certain that they didn't have candy.

What did Jesus eat? Coffee and chocolate were not on the menu​

A variant text, which does not appear in the Bible, says that Jesus bit into a honeycomb and the disciples examined the teeth marks to ascertain that he was no spirit.

A variant text, which does not appear in the Bible, says that Jesus bit into a honeycomb

We're sort of getting off topic now but Mmmm,.. I wonder if He had milk with it or had it dry?

91Kxbx7ei9L.jpg

They all do. Ever heard of the holy ghost?

Jesus fucking Christ the stupid outweighs the delusion by light years.
H
Christians used to believe in the Holy Ghost. When I was in Catholic school we used to say Holy Ghost but it got changed to Holy Spirit. Me, I don't discount ghosts even though I have never actually seen one. Trying to contact dead folks (ghosts) is as old as the human race.
spirit and ghost were interchangeable. Actually it should be Holy Spirit. I have friends who have had experiences with angels. Certain beings can make the trip between the spirit world and the material world.....That's called interdimensional travel. That would be the beings with that ability to do that and that would not include the human dead.

Do you think that ETs are extraterrestrial or interdimensional. Even those 'authorities' or 'experts' who believe in ETs have come to believe they are interdimensional rather than extraterrestrial. See Alien Intrusion by Gary Bates.

Did the witch who Saul paid to bring back the ghost of Samuel bring back a demon pretending to be samuel or did God allow Samuel to appear to Saul to give Saul the bad news? The witch was seriously frightened when the apparition appeared...and the apparition is described to have risen from the ground rather than come down from above.

Did you catch that after Jesus' resurrection, the dead arose from their graves and walked into Jerusalem and appeared to people. They weren't ghosts but the resurrected.

Last edited:
Well I am an unorthodox Christian,... But I'm not a Ghostbuster so I really hope the ghosts know they don't exist if that's truly the case.
I might qualify as unorthodox Christian too. But just from a pure Biblical aspect, there are numerous passages of visitations by spirit beings, and while the Old Testament is pretty adamant that we are not to attempt to communicate with the dead, it doesn't say it is impossible. Certainly the people of the New Testament believed in ghosts--the disciples mistook Jesus for one when he walked on the water.

It's one of those concepts that fascinate me. I am not agnostic on the subject but just still wondering. Again an open mind. . .

(One of my favorite movies is "GHOST" with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. Pure fiction of course, but I love the concept . . .)

For the record guys I don't use EVP stuff and NEVER Ouija boards. It's all Satanic and evil.

For the record guys I don't use EVP stuff and NEVER Ouija boards. It's all Satanic and evil.
If you believe that stuff, IMO, it will become real for you. Belief is very strong in humans and it is not necessarily only ethereal and could physically affect you. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Most "christians" or those who claim to be, are close minded against anything they "think" the "church" may frown upon.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa

I remember this from years and years ago in Sunday school. the greatest tale was the story of "Jona and the Whale"........
Jona was some prophet sent by God to the city of Ninevah I believe... he was sent to tell them to change their evil ways or they were going down... So to make a long story short, Jona set up camp and waited 30 days or so for lightning to strike Nineva.... it never happened, plus his shade tree died from lack of irrigation....
Jona couldn't understand why god refused to take out the unbelievers in Ninevah after all in Jona's opinion.. they all had it coming.. every man woman and child because they had broken every rule that mattered.. So Jona bitched about it to high heaven...until God sent a whale to swallow his ass and the rest is history. Bottom line is ,god can choose to be merciful with whoever he wants regardless of how well we all think we know the rule book. In the end, the few words written and preserved by prophets and followers of the faith .. that are in our possesion... give us a very limited view of what is to come, but they do give us some guide lines.

If Jesus were to come back, wouldn't He have to come back as a ghost since He's already dead?

If Jesus were to come back, wouldn't He have to come back as a ghost since He's already dead?

As many have already pointed out in this thread already, Jesus is called the Holy Ghost.

Forum List

Back