Are the wealthy that seek tax havens America's true moochers?

Page 75............directly relates to the Liberal Brigade BTW...................

They keep stating that the Economy is great and how many people Obama is putting to work...........
TELL THAT TO THE IRS THEN..............

90,230,000 employed 2012
83,613,000 employed at close of fiscal year 2013...

OOPS..............so much for the liberal BS on jobs.........from the IRS.
One reason for that is retiring baby boomers. Another is more people going on disability. The third reason is discouraged workers. Wages are too low. Jobs themselves are sufficient but the wages are too low so people do not accept them. Obama tried fixing this by trying to raise the minimum wage and by installing job training programs in community colleges. Republicans blocked both of these. They are morons.
Excuses..............in a nation of 317 million people only 83 million are working via the IRS data...........show me the data of nearly 7 million less people working in 1 year just because of retirements and COUNTER that with those of age to enter the work force.

The gov't has been feeding us BS by manipulating data for a very long time..........fudging data to make unemployment data look better than it really is in reality.

Job training doesn't mean squat if the jobs aren't there.
Raising the minimum wage would actually decrease the number of jobs as businesses adjust for it.

To the op, look at the data and you'll see that the upper classes pay the LION'S SHARE of INDIVIDUAL RETURNS..............as 40% made less than 25,000.........and are basically not paying taxes anyway by IRS data......LESS THAN 3% make more than the magic number of 200,000 a year and are already paying a high total in overall taxes............

You could take all of their money and it wouldn't fix the debt problem we have today.
The labor participation rate has been declining since the Bush years. A total of 11 million private jobs have been created since Obama took office. The unemployment rate is at 5.6%. These are the facts that matter.

Many jobs are there and people are not taking them. This is for two main reasons 1) Many aren't qualified for certain jobs. 2) The wages are too low. There is a slight shortage but again the unemployment rate speaks for itself.

The jobs lost from raising the minimum wage depends how high it was raised. 10.10 per hour would cause the loss of about 500,000 jobs. However, economic demand would go up. People would be spending more money. That means over time jobs will be created. On a long enough time line, the economy would improve greatly.

No one ever said raising taxes would fix the debt. Raising taxes will limit how much gov debt accumulates.
I would agree that the labor participation rate has been dropping for a long time, BUT the UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS BS........................

They manipulate that data, because it doesn't include the numbers who simply have stopped looking for work or have decided to go on the welfare pay rolls of the U.S...................

They manipulate that data...........FACT is it's BS and everyone knows it...............

IN A GOVERNMENT OF LIES, TRUTH IS TREASON................and WE THE PEOPLE are tired of their LIES.
Lol if the unemployment rate is manipulated, then it has been forever. It isn't because of Obama.

60% really isn't enough but it's close. Of course it depends on how many people we are talking about.

We were talking about the 1%, the top 50% pay almost 99% of the income taxes, how about we get the bottom 50% with a little skin in the game as slow joe says. Then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to vote for crap government programs that don't work.
Sure i all for the bottom 50% to pay taxes. First we must raise the minimum wage.

Why? Who are we to interfere if someone wants to work for 7.5-8 bucks an hour, I didn't hear anyone bitching when I was working for 1.25 an hour.
Um the tiny minority (if even exists) who don't want to make more than that do not matter because they are a tiny minority. Enough said. Apparently you have no concept of inflafion.

Of course i understand inflation, I also understand people who refuse to do what's necessary to advance themselves and want everyone else to pay their way. Giving them a raise they didn't earn is doing exactly that.
Giving them a raise is based on inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off 10.10 per hour was the 70s.

Page 75............directly relates to the Liberal Brigade BTW...................

They keep stating that the Economy is great and how many people Obama is putting to work...........
TELL THAT TO THE IRS THEN..............

90,230,000 employed 2012
83,613,000 employed at close of fiscal year 2013...

OOPS..............so much for the liberal BS on jobs.........from the IRS.
One reason for that is retiring baby boomers. Another is more people going on disability. The third reason is discouraged workers. Wages are too low. Jobs themselves are sufficient but the wages are too low so people do not accept them. Obama tried fixing this by trying to raise the minimum wage and by installing job training programs in community colleges. Republicans blocked both of these. They are morons.
Excuses..............in a nation of 317 million people only 83 million are working via the IRS data...........show me the data of nearly 7 million less people working in 1 year just because of retirements and COUNTER that with those of age to enter the work force.

The gov't has been feeding us BS by manipulating data for a very long time..........fudging data to make unemployment data look better than it really is in reality.

Raising the minimum wage would actually decrease the number of jobs as businesses adjust for it.

To the op, look at the data and you'll see that the upper classes pay the LION'S SHARE of INDIVIDUAL RETURNS..............as 40% made less than 25,000.........and are basically not paying taxes anyway by IRS data......LESS THAN 3% make more than the magic number of 200,000 a year and are already paying a high total in overall taxes............

You could take all of their money and it wouldn't fix the debt problem we have today.
The labor participation rate has been declining since the Bush years. A total of 11 million private jobs have been created since Obama took office. The unemployment rate is at 5.6%. These are the facts that matter.

Many jobs are there and people are not taking them. This is for two main reasons 1) Many aren't qualified for certain jobs. 2) The wages are too low. There is a slight shortage but again the unemployment rate speaks for itself.

The jobs lost from raising the minimum wage depends how high it was raised. 10.10 per hour would cause the loss of about 500,000 jobs. However, economic demand would go up. People would be spending more money. That means over time jobs will be created. On a long enough time line, the economy would improve greatly.

No one ever said raising taxes would fix the debt. Raising taxes will limit how much gov debt accumulates.
I would agree that the labor participation rate has been dropping for a long time, BUT the UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS BS........................

They manipulate that data, because it doesn't include the numbers who simply have stopped looking for work or have decided to go on the welfare pay rolls of the U.S...................

They manipulate that data...........FACT is it's BS and everyone knows it...............

IN A GOVERNMENT OF LIES, TRUTH IS TREASON................and WE THE PEOPLE are tired of their LIES.
Lol if the unemployment rate is manipulated, then it has been forever. It isn't because of Obama.
Did i say that......No I didn't............He is just another Lying Politician in a series of Lying Politician's.........The GOV'T has been changing the way it calculates Unemployment for a very long time. Just as they manipulate the COST OF LIVING indexes................

We have had upper tax rates as high as 90% in this country and it didn't do diddly squat for the REVENUES versus the GDP during those times..............as only a fool would think the ultra rich are going to give up that kind of money............They simply take their money elsewhere...............and it really doesn't do a dang thing.

Our average revenue over time is 18.1% of the GDP..........irregardless of rates of taxation...........and we are spending at a rate of 24% of the GDP.................It's simple math............The Gov't has to go down to 18% of the GDP in SPENDING or the debt has a snow balls chance in hell of ever being paid....................

We are destroying the value of the dollar, which destroys our standard of living as our buying power dies with it................That is the MAIN PROBLEM which we as a nation refuse to address.............Increasing the minimum wages doesn't fix that............and actually makes it even harder to compete in the Global Markets which have MASSIVE ADVANTAGES ON WAGES AND REGULATIONS...................

We are in a downward economic spiral.............and unless we deal with the real problems it will not reverse.

We were talking about the 1%, the top 50% pay almost 99% of the income taxes, how about we get the bottom 50% with a little skin in the game as slow joe says. Then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to vote for crap government programs that don't work.
Sure i all for the bottom 50% to pay taxes. First we must raise the minimum wage.

Why? Who are we to interfere if someone wants to work for 7.5-8 bucks an hour, I didn't hear anyone bitching when I was working for 1.25 an hour.
Um the tiny minority (if even exists) who don't want to make more than that do not matter because they are a tiny minority. Enough said. Apparently you have no concept of inflafion.

Of course i understand inflation, I also understand people who refuse to do what's necessary to advance themselves and want everyone else to pay their way. Giving them a raise they didn't earn is doing exactly that.
Giving them a raise is based on inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off 10.10 per hour was the 70s.
and that is because some DICK went off the GOLD STANDARD and we started printing money out the ass.............

Did i say that......No I didn't............He is just another Lying Politician in a series of Lying Politician's.........The GOV'T has been changing the way it calculates Unemployment for a very long time. Just as they manipulate the COST OF LIVING indexes................

We have had upper tax rates as high as 90% in this country and it didn't do diddly squat for the REVENUES versus the GDP during those times..............as only a fool would think the ultra rich are going to give up that kind of money............They simply take their money elsewhere...............and it really doesn't do a dang thing.

Our average revenue over time is 18.1% of the GDP..........irregardless of rates of taxation...........and we are spending at a rate of 24% of the GDP.................It's simple math............The Gov't has to go down to 18% of the GDP in SPENDING or the debt has a snow balls chance in hell of ever being paid....................

We are destroying the value of the dollar, which destroys our standard of living as our buying power dies with it................That is the MAIN PROBLEM which we as a nation refuse to address.............Increasing the minimum wages doesn't fix that............and actually makes it even harder to compete in the Global Markets which have MASSIVE ADVANTAGES ON WAGES AND REGULATIONS...................

We are in a downward economic spiral.............and unless we deal with the real problems it will not reverse.
What you're saying doesn't make sense. If revenue is 90% of GDP (which to my knowledge it has never been that high) then you can damn well bet that is more than enough. That's way too high. However, The only way to accurately measure revenue, is by computing it as a percentage of GDP. In terms, of raw dollars, revenue is sky high, but inflation and the size of the economy must be factored in. Right now we are at 16% of GDP. In 2000, it was 20%.

What you're saying doesn't make sense. If revenue is 90% of GDP (which to my knowledge it has never been that high) then you can damn well bet that is more than enough. That's way too high. However, The only way to accurately measure revenue, is by computing it as a percentage of GDP. In terms, of raw dollars, revenue is sky high, but inflation and the size of the economy must be factored in. Right now we are at 16% of GDP. In 2000, it was 20%.
90% tax rates...............on individual income............Not Revenue..........I quoted 18.1 % as the average over time..............You misread the post or are purposely trying to mislead it.

Ah Billy? The wealthy already pay the most. What part of that concept aren't you able to grasp?

Government is taking in a ton of money...that really isn't the problem. The problem is we already spend way too much and we're on the hook for trillions more because of entitlement spending.

The analogy I fall back on is that of a leaky bucket. You can keep on telling someone that they need to fill the bucket with more and more water but that won't mean you're going to end up full because the water you put into it simply gushes out faster than you can put it in. The intelligent thing to do is to fix the leaks. It's something that countries like Greece are coming to terms with now because they've never fixed their "leaks" but rather got neighbors like Germany to pour more water into their bucket.

Care to define 'ton of money?'

We're currently taking in as much in revenue as before the economy crashed back in 2007. It's a "ton of money"! Revenue isn't the problem...it's spending.

Let me be brutally frank here...the wealthy will NEVER simply just sit there and let government confiscate their capital! They will shelter it...they will hide it...they will move it out of the country. Preservation of wealth is what those people DO! If you want to see capital pulled out of our economy in massive amounts then pass dramatically higher taxes on the wealthy. Stop whining about what you think is "fair" and start coming to grips with economic reality.

As long as the stupid middle class Americans continue voting for Republicans you are correct.

The Middle Class is finally coming to the realization that every time Barry and his merry band of progressives talks about raising taxes on the "rich" that they are actually talking about raising taxes on THEM! The super rich have ways to hide their capital or they can simply move. Most of the super rich already have multiple houses...many of them in other countries so that's not a hard thing to do. If you're family of four living in Westchester County making $200,000 a year you don't have that luxury. You've got a mortgage...you've got college to save for...the cost of groceries keeps going up up up. If you're that "Middle Class" person you're a sitting duck when liberals like you decide that it's time to "tax the rich"!

Sadly, far too many Americans have become Entitlement Moochers. And that includes the wealthy and Corporations. It seems everyone has their hand out at this point. But hey, apparently Big Brother has an endless stream of revenue. $19 Trillion in Debt doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

He just keeps on handing the cash out. But where is he getting all that cash? And how much longer can this Welfare/Warfare State be sustained? There has to be a reckoning at some point, no?

It's why government has a fit every time someone suggests a balanced budget amendment. Balancing the budget takes discipline. Running huge deficits while you print money and go deeper in debt takes none.

You must be pretty young, $1,600 a month was pretty good money back in the 70s. I was working as an industrial mechanic/electrician and never made close to that and it was one of the few union jobs I've worked. Minimum wage has never been intended to be a living wage, it is an entry wage, a way for the young to get into the work force and get some experience while they get skills to move up the ladder.

You must be pretty young, $1,600 a month was pretty good money back in the 70s. I was working as an industrial mechanic/electrician and never made close to that and it was one of the few union jobs I've worked. Minimum wage has never been intended to be a living wage, it is an entry wage, a way for the young to get into the work force and get some experience while they get skills to move up the ladder.
18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. Obviously that is a problem.

No, they are "unpatriotic" true moochers. Mitt didn't even send a single one of his 5 sons to Iraq.

Not to Republicans. If they saw it as a problem, they would support education and infrastructure.

Not to Republicans. If they saw it as a problem, they would support education and infrastructure.
Their motto: "I got mine. Fuck the rest."

The rich already pay the most in taxes. The poor pay no taxes. I don't blame the rich for wanting to keep more of their assets from being confiscated.

Not only do the rich pay the most in taxes but they are the largest charitable contributors. The rich support entire foundations. The rich are the golden geese that democrats want to kill.

No. Wtf are you talking about?
Ah OldSchool don't me let down!
Nah man focus your energies elsewhere
No way. The rich putting their wealth overseas is wrong and greedy. The country relies on their contribution.
Obama has proposed taxing the $2Trillion held overseas which would help pay for infrastructure and more.

Yep, it's their problem, evidently they haven't done what's necessary to educate themselves or learn a skill to earn more. Don't try to make it the problem of those who have.

Yep, it's their problem, evidently they haven't done what's necessary to educate themselves or learn a skill to earn more. Don't try to make it the problem of those who have.
You people are so goddamn thick. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept low wage jobs.

Forum List

Back