Are people who vote differently from you evil?

Are people who vote differently from you evil?

• I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are within their rights

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are misguided

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are evil

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are within their rights

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are misguided

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are evil

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
CEOs are by and large lazy people. Can't handle work.

Now I know that's not true. They are workaholics. But so are a lot of us. We work that many hours too. We just don't make $10 million dollars a year.

My brother is a VP. He took my uncle to his old boss' house. Somewhere in Florida. Double gated community overlooking the ocean. My uncle shit his pants. CEO's used to make 35X what we make today they make 350x.

And Republicans defend that. So we know who the party of the rich is.

"We should do away with Citizens United and then there would be no more dark money in politics."

I do not agree at all, to assume that there was no dark money before Citizens United is nonsense, and to overturn that ruling would do nothing to stop dark money.

In modern times, nearly every election cycle has seen an increase in political spending, but there’s no indication that there’s a significant change in corporate spending since United. And the rules affecting independent spending by wealthy individuals, who are spending more, haven’t changed at all.

Indeed, much of the corporate influence peddling in Washington that has reformers concerned has nothing to with campaign spending. Most corporations spend far more on lobbying lawmakers already in Washington than they do in political spending to choose which politicians come to Washington.
I want lobbying and corporate contributions to be sharply curtailed. I want to get the money out of politics.

I want lobbying and corporate contributions to be sharply curtailed. I want to get the money out of politics.

Republicans try to suggest that it's the Democrats who are the party of the rich. How stupid do they think we are?

The 2010 Supreme Court decision further tilted political influence toward wealthy donors and corporations.

In the court’s opinion, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote that limiting “independent political spending” from corporations and other groups violates the First Amendment right to free speech. The justices who voted with the majority assumed that independent spending cannot be corrupt and that the spending would be transparent, but both assumptions have proven to be incorrect.

With its decision, the Supreme Court overturned election spending restrictions that date back more than 100 years. Previously, the court had upheld certain spending restrictions, arguing that the government had a role in preventing corruption. But in Citizens United, a bare majority of the justices held that “independent political spending” did not present a substantive threat of corruption, provided it was not coordinated with a candidate’s campaign.

As a result, corporations can now spend unlimited funds on campaign advertising if they are not formally “coordinating” with a candidate or political party.

the most significant outcomes of Citizens United have been the creation of super PACs, which empower the wealthiest donors, and the expansion of dark money through shadowy nonprofits that don’t disclose their donors.

We even know that some wealthy asshole Republicans will publicly donate a small amount to Democrats and donate the real donations DARK so so one knows he's a fucking Republican.

Republicans own this Citizen's United. The conservative judges who did this are corporate hacks.

Now I know that's not true. They are workaholics. But so are a lot of us. We work that many hours too. We just don't make $10 million dollars a year.

My brother is a VP. He took my uncle to his old boss' house. Somewhere in Florida. Double gated community overlooking the ocean. My uncle shit his pants. CEO's used to make 35X what we make today they make 350x.

And Republicans defend that. So we know who the party of the rich is.
Meanwhile incomes adjusted for inflation have stagnated or declined since the inauguration of Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Meanwhile incomes adjusted for inflation have stagnated or declined since the inauguration of Ronald Reagan in 1980.
And Republicans argue against any idea that would narrow the gap between the rich and rest of us.

I said the other day it would bring wages up if all job postings were required to post what the minimum salary is. This simple thing would bring wages up. It would stop companies from under paying minorities and women.

And WE employees can always negotiate for more. But the job posting just has to say what they are willing to pay. Don't waste my time making me come in for an interview to find out it's a commission only job. Stop.

And this would bring middle class wages up.

I also argue to white guys who are sick of losing jobs to women and blacks, maybe if women and blacks made as much as they did they wouldn't lose the job to a woman or a black. Because if I can hire a woman for 75 cents instead of a man for a buck, I'll hire the lady to do it. Or the black. Let's level the playing field.

Here's the diff ray. Republicans defend the CEO's and Democrats defend Labor. That's true here on USMB and it's true in Washington.

Yeah, they defend labor so much they're allowing all these illegals into the country to undercut our wages.

What the Republican stance is that it's only a companies business and their stock holders what a CEO makes. If we both own widget factories, and a CEO is applying for the job, you can refuse to meet his or her demand of 5 million a year. If I decide to hire that CEO, I'm going to put your company under because that CEO has the experience and connections to make my company better.

Bitch about what a CEO makes but you're fine with actors getting paid over a million dollars an episode for a hit show, or 15 million to make a movie. No problem with what a start pitcher or quarterback makes, or what a band charges to attend one of their concerts. But a CEO? Now we have a problem with that.

Well first I want to know what their policies are. Look at Joe. Most of his policies are middle class first policies. Not trickle down. That's one thing.

Republicans passed and supported Citizens United. That put BIG MONEY more into politics not less. And dark money too. That's money you don't know who's getting it or where it's coming from. That's scary. Do you want to overturn Citizens United? Good!

3. When it comes down to it, the richest families in America tend to donate to Republican candidates. Forbes reported out of the 50 richest families in the United States, 28 donate to Republican candidates. Another seven donate to Democrats. Additionally, 15 of the richest families in the U.S. donate to both parties.

George Clooney is very liberal. Probably cares about the middle class and poor. Not afraid to pay more in taxes. Will Smith. JZ. Warren Buffet. But their policies say they care about the average people. Republicans think trickle down is best. And don't raise minimum wage. And unions are bad. Republicans are not the labor party.

Yes unions are bad because they chase away all the jobs or cause industry to invest more in automation eliminating human labor. Besides being totally worthless, union labor forces their companies to up the price of their products or services. Then they can't sell their products next to the cheap Chinese products that come from overseas. So don't blame Republicans for that, blame the American consumers.

So tell me how is that middle-class doing with record high inflation and fuel prices under Dementia? How are they doing with illegal foreigners taking their jobs for much lower pay?

The last several presidential elections the Democrat out raised the Republican candidate sometimes by huge margins. So tell me, where did they get that money from, the homeless?

Some might say that if any group or organization is not tax exempt then they should be able to donate money to candidates and campaigns. If unions can do it then so should businesses of any size. Same deal for lobbying, it doesn't see fair if unions can do it but businesses can't. Which is not to say I disagree with you, but how does one say who is allowed to donate and who isn't?

Yes unions are bad because they chase away all the jobs or cause industry to invest more in automation eliminating human labor. Besides being totally worthless, union labor forces their companies to up the price of their products or services. Then they can't sell their products next to the cheap Chinese products that come from overseas. So don't blame Republicans for that, blame the American consumers.

So tell me how is that middle-class doing with record high inflation and fuel prices under Dementia? How are they doing with illegal foreigners taking their jobs for much lower pay?

The last several presidential elections the Democrat out raised the Republican candidate sometimes by huge margins. So tell me, where did they get that money from, the homeless?
What you leave out ray is that the wages paid to labor are those that cannot feed, nor provide rent to the laborers. So what do you want them to do? I unlike you, believe for the wages they are paid, slow down their production. Fair is fair isn't it? Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Ray what you advocate for is american workers working for the same wages foreign countries pay. Do you really want to go on record claiming that? That's anti American.

I'm both liberal and a Democrat. Show me how I'm not both. Show me I'm not a liberal.

Yes we understand you hate education. Because you aren't educated.

Blacks may be racist but can you blame them? And don't forget in 1959 you'd be a Democrat. You left the party when blacks started joining.

Not only am I old, I'm white, a male, no debt, educated, make good money, no kids to put through college. If you can't win me over you're doing a very poor job Republicans.

Fox proved something recently. They and all the other right wing sources are knowingly lying to you conservative Americans. Why? Because you aren't rich enough to vote GOP. If you knew the truth you'd be a Democrat.

I'm both liberal and a Democrat. Show me how I'm not both. Show me I'm not a liberal. Well you're on the side of spastic, to me you qualify as both, though liberal is taken loosely. Today's left practice liberalism by redefining everything, it's so progressive.

Yes we understand you hate education. Because you aren't educated. Why the period instead of a comma? "We" is a sign of insecurity, you mad?

Blacks may be racist but can you blame them? Sure can.

And don't forget in 1959 you'd be a Democrat. You left the party when blacks started joining. Nah, we want them to swing into the right direction, thank you. Democrats voted down civil rights by a large margin in 1964, the Republicans supported it.

Are you sure you want to carry on about education?

Not only am I old, I'm white, a male, no debt, educated, make good money, no kids to put through college. If you can't win me over you're doing a very poor job Republicans. You sound selfish to me. How is it all about you? I'm old, I'm white, a male, no debt, plenty of money, experienced and wise. I know poison when I see it, and that's the Democrats. I recognize a failed education too.

Fox proved something recently. They and all the other right wing sources are knowingly lying to you conservative Americans. Oh sure, we'll ignore 99% of the media paints a false picture for training Democrats.

Why? Because you aren't rich enough to vote GOP. Hilarious.

If you knew the truth you'd be a Democrat. Yeah, and the truth is...

The wealthiest people are primarily Democrat. You suggest they vote against their desires, and that's comical.

The wealthiest zip codes are primarily Democrat. Same as above.

The abundant of information comes from Democracks. Yet you know, the Republicans lie.

Okay, so you take more money from the rich. How does that help you or me?
It will mean lower deficits and more efforts by the government to help those who are not rich.

Most Americans became more prosperous every year when the top tax rate was much higher. Republican efforts to scale back the reforms of the New Deal changed that.

If it results in a government that stops me from eating carpet and marrying the same sex = YES! Same can be said about the middle east or part of Africa. It isn't right and needs to be fought against.

It will mean lower deficits and more efforts by the government to help those who are not rich.

Most Americans became more prosperous every year when the top tax rate was much higher. Republican efforts to scale back the reforms of the New Deal changed that.

No, we are making more rich people than anytime in our history. Just in lotteries alone we create at least one new millionaire every single day.

You think government is going to give you money they steal from the rich? How are they going to do that, more social programs for you to abuse?

"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of our Republic."
Benjamin Franklin

Forum List

Back