Are people who vote differently from you evil?

Are people who vote differently from you evil?

• I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are within their rights

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are misguided

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I vote Democrat, those who vote Republican are evil

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are within their rights

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are misguided

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I vote Republican, those who vote Democrat are evil

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
Ray what you advocate for is american workers working for the same wages foreign countries pay. Do you really want to go on record claiming that? That's anti American.

Foreign workers make stuff cheaper but transportation costs must be considered. So an American doesn't have to make the same money as them.

Where do you people get this idea that jobs are created so people have a place to make good money? Jobs are created to produce a product or service for sale and profit. If my widget factory is in India and your widget factory is here, your widgets will be much more expensive than mine. When Amazon needs a few million widgets, who do you think they are going to buy them from, you or me?

So you can have the best paying monkey or union jobs in the country, but if the American consumer is not going to buy the product you're making, how do you expect your company to stay open?

No, we are making more rich people than anytime in our history. Just in lotteries alone we create at least one new millionaire every single day.

You think government is going to give you money they steal from the rich? How are they going to do that, more social programs for you to abuse?

"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of our Republic."
Benjamin Franklin
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." --NOT Benjamin Franklin
This meme was generated (or at least circulated) by Americans for Prosperity. Given that this organization likes to pass itself off as a responsible participant in the nation's political life, you'd think they'd take 10 seconds to check the veracity of the quotes they attribute to founders like Franklin. But Franklin never said this, even though you wouldn't know it from the hundreds of times it's been attributed to him on the web (without citation), almost always by folks with Conservative/Libertarian politics.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." --NOT Benjamin Franklin
This meme was generated (or at least circulated) by Americans for Prosperity. Given that this organization likes to pass itself off as a responsible participant in the nation's political life, you'd think they'd take 10 seconds to check the veracity of the quotes they attribute to founders like Franklin. But Franklin never said this, even though you wouldn't know it from the hundreds of times it's been attributed to him on the web (without citation), almost always by folks with Conservative/Libertarian politics.

That sentiment may be misquoted but does exist in the minds of many regardless of its antecedents.

I kinda like this one:

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
These words come from Alexis Charles Henri Clérel, Viscount de Tocqueville (usually shortened to Alexis de Tocqueville). The work was called “Democracy in America”. In the same work, he wrote, “I have a passionate love for liberty, law, and respect for rights.”

America is still enduring, even though (IMHO) Congress is indeed bribing the public with it's own money and has been doing so for a pretty long time. However, as many polls and surveys suggest, by a factor of roughly 2 to 1 this country is heading in the wrong direction and Washington's fiscal irresponsibility is one of the reasons why.

That sentiment may be misquoted but does exist in the minds of many regardless of its antecedents.

I kinda like this one:

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
These words come from Alexis Charles Henri Clérel, Viscount de Tocqueville (usually shortened to Alexis de Tocqueville). The work was called “Democracy in America”. In the same work, he wrote, “I have a passionate love for liberty, law, and respect for rights.”

America is still enduring, even though (IMHO) Congress is indeed bribing the public with it's own money and has been doing so for a pretty long time. However, as many polls and surveys suggest, by a factor of roughly 2 to 1 this country is heading in the wrong direction and Washington's fiscal irresponsibility is one of the reasons why.
Beginning with the Reagan Administration the rich have gotten richer, while after tax incomes adjusted for inflation for most Americans have stagnated or declined.

inequality.jpg

As a result, for years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

This is a winning issue for the Democrats if they have the courage and skill to exploit it skillfully.

Beginning with the Reagan Administration the rich have gotten richer, while after tax incomes adjusted for inflation for most Americans have stagnated or declined.

So what was your point relative to my post? Are you trying to mitigate Congress' fiscal irresponsibility with their efforts to correct the differences in wealth?

As a result, for years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

No shit, Sherlock. Receiving more of someone else's money is always going to be popular with most people, don't you think? And Congress is well aware of that fact, hence they absolutely love to raise taxes on the wealthy and give to someone else, typically their constituents in one way or another. But popular opinion may not actually be in the public's best interest in the long run. There are consequences to taking more money from those who earned it, and other consequences to redistributing it to those who didn't. One can cite the people who mentally or physically can't earn a living, but there's no excuse IMHO to redistribute wealth to those who can but choose not to.

View attachment 762135

This is a winning issue for the Democrats if they have the courage and skill to exploit it skillfully.

And they do it all the time.

Can you tell me what's wrong with more people becoming wealthy? They are generally the people that produce our products or services we all enjoy. Those that don't own businesses invest in the market where most of our IRAs are at for retirement.

More people support a progressive tax system. In real English that means tax the rich which doesn't do anybody any good. All it does is make government richer and we've seen their track record when it comes to handling money. You're not going to see any of it. When you rob Peter to pay Paul, the Paul's of your society generally have no objections.

If you want more money, don't expect it from government. Get your lazy ass off the couch and figure out a way to make more money. As for the middle-class, there is no excuse not to be middle-class today. Plenty of good paying jobs around with very promising careers. If you have no physical or mental impairments, not being in the middle-class is something you brought on yourself, not the rich people.

I'm both liberal and a Democrat. Show me how I'm not both. Show me I'm not a liberal. Well you're on the side of spastic, to me you qualify as both, though liberal is taken loosely. Today's left practice liberalism by redefining everything, it's so progressive.

Yes we understand you hate education. Because you aren't educated. Why the period instead of a comma? "We" is a sign of insecurity, you mad?

Blacks may be racist but can you blame them? Sure can.

And don't forget in 1959 you'd be a Democrat. You left the party when blacks started joining. Nah, we want them to swing into the right direction, thank you. Democrats voted down civil rights by a large margin in 1964, the Republicans supported it.

Are you sure you want to carry on about education?

Not only am I old, I'm white, a male, no debt, educated, make good money, no kids to put through college. If you can't win me over you're doing a very poor job Republicans. You sound selfish to me. How is it all about you? I'm old, I'm white, a male, no debt, plenty of money, experienced and wise. I know poison when I see it, and that's the Democrats. I recognize a failed education too.

Fox proved something recently. They and all the other right wing sources are knowingly lying to you conservative Americans. Oh sure, we'll ignore 99% of the media paints a false picture for training Democrats.

Why? Because you aren't rich enough to vote GOP. Hilarious.

If you knew the truth you'd be a Democrat. Yeah, and the truth is...

The wealthiest people are primarily Democrat. You suggest they vote against their desires, and that's comical.

The wealthiest zip codes are primarily Democrat. Same as above.

The abundant of information comes from Democracks. Yet you know, the Republicans lie.
You say you have a lot of money and you're telling people who don't have a lot of money to vote like you do?

When your generation got pensions, union wages, great healthcare benefits, you got to retire at 65 and get FULL social security. Now it's 67?

Listen, corporate rich are Republicans. Stop it. They are not the labor party. The Democrats are. You could make an argument Trump was pro labor and I would agree he pretended to be but that was just a con and even if he was sincere which he was not, it wasn't worth his corruption the entire 4 years. So please don't pretend Mitch McConnell or Kevin McCarthy are the labor party.

I'm both liberal and a Democrat. Show me how I'm not both. Show me I'm not a liberal. Well you're on the side of spastic, to me you qualify as both, though liberal is taken loosely. Today's left practice liberalism by redefining everything, it's so progressive.

Yes we understand you hate education. Because you aren't educated. Why the period instead of a comma? "We" is a sign of insecurity, you mad?

Blacks may be racist but can you blame them? Sure can.

And don't forget in 1959 you'd be a Democrat. You left the party when blacks started joining. Nah, we want them to swing into the right direction, thank you. Democrats voted down civil rights by a large margin in 1964, the Republicans supported it.

Are you sure you want to carry on about education?

Not only am I old, I'm white, a male, no debt, educated, make good money, no kids to put through college. If you can't win me over you're doing a very poor job Republicans. You sound selfish to me. How is it all about you? I'm old, I'm white, a male, no debt, plenty of money, experienced and wise. I know poison when I see it, and that's the Democrats. I recognize a failed education too.

Fox proved something recently. They and all the other right wing sources are knowingly lying to you conservative Americans. Oh sure, we'll ignore 99% of the media paints a false picture for training Democrats.

Why? Because you aren't rich enough to vote GOP. Hilarious.

If you knew the truth you'd be a Democrat. Yeah, and the truth is...

The wealthiest people are primarily Democrat. You suggest they vote against their desires, and that's comical.

The wealthiest zip codes are primarily Democrat. Same as above.

The abundant of information comes from Democracks. Yet you know, the Republicans lie.
The Supreme Court that leans right sides with corporations 100% of the time. Pay attention. They may bend on gay marriage but not when it come to citizens v corporations. Corporations have taken over both parties.

And Republicans passed Citizens United. Or the right leaning Supreme Court did. Look at your justices. They NEVER side with labor. But RBG did and Sotomaior does.

You say you have a lot of money and you're telling people who don't have a lot of money to vote like you do?

When your generation got pensions, union wages, great healthcare benefits, you got to retire at 65 and get FULL social security. Now it's 67?

Listen, corporate rich are Republicans. Stop it. They are not the labor party. The Democrats are. You could make an argument Trump was pro labor and I would agree he pretended to be but that was just a con and even if he was sincere which he was not, it wasn't worth his corruption the entire 4 years. So please don't pretend Mitch McConnell or Kevin McCarthy are the labor party.
You say you have a lot of money and you're telling people who don't have a lot of money to vote like you do? No, that's what you did, clearly written. Projecting is what progressive do.

When your generation got pensions, union wages, great healthcare benefits, you got to retire at 65 and get FULL social security. Now it's 67? I retired at 55 thanks. SS has no meaning to me.

Listen, corporate rich are Republicans. Stop it. No shit huh? Better tell Google etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

They are not the labor party. The Democrats are. Sure right, they're the labor party. $22 for McDonalds work, doesn't even impact inflation cuz you know, the Democrats can't get from A to Z short A to B.

You could make an argument Trump was pro labor and I would agree he pretended to be but that was just a con and even if he was sincere which he was not, it wasn't worth his corruption the entire 4 years. So please don't pretend Mitch McConnell or Kevin McCarthy are the labor party. His corruption? Yeah sure, Obama and Biden are totally clean.

So how are they the labor party when they are ushering in illegals by the millions that will take their jobs and undercut American wages? How are they the labor party when politicians in sanctuary cities warn businesses of ICE raids? How are they the labor party when leftist states allow illegals to have drivers licenses to get to their jobs they're not supposed to have? How are they the labor party when their President ordered a halt to all workplace raids by ICE? How's that labor party doing for their constituents now that inflation is out of control and they are paying much higher prices for gasoline and fuel?

Forum List

Back