Are mandatory random drug tests violations of the fourth amendment?

Why are so many folks willing to roll over on the Fourth Amendment but fight tooth and nail for the Second?

Aren't rights rights and equally sacrosanct?
you have a fundamental misunderstanding of whats going on dude. So long as you VOLUNTARILY work where you work.....nobody is violating your rights. You are volunteering them. Rights violations are a misunderstood concept by a lot of people these days. Jesus christ.

Not sure what kind of deals you make for salary but in my experience work isn't "voluntary" unless you work for free.

Why are so many folks willing to roll over on the Fourth Amendment but fight tooth and nail for the Second?

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of whats going on dude. So long as you VOLUNTARILY work where you work.....nobody is violating your rights. You are volunteering them. Rights violations are a misunderstood concept by a lot of people these days. Jesus christ.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things

Notice it does not say "Congress shall" or "Congress shall not"

It says the rights of the people shall not be violated.
youre being a dumbass. You either accept conditions of employment or you dont....EITHER WAY, your rights arent violated because you CHOOSE TO WORK THERE. WOW. Does a company who fires you for saying your boss is a **** to her face violate your 1st amendment right? Derpderpderp

And if the company suddenly puts you in a fire trap workplace with volatile chemicals and whips you while you work? Just roll over for it and "accept the conditions", huh?

My company wants to start drug testing this summer. I am opposed to them on constitutional grounds. How can I consent to an unwarranted search of the most intimate place I own, my body?

Would you consent if, as a condition of your employment, your company wanted to come into your home, riffle through your check book, peek under your bed, snoop around in your closets and dressers?

I will comply if they present a search warrant and show probable cause.

It's funny how that fourth amendment can be ignored.

No it is not a violation of your rights!

If you work for a union you have nothing to fear, even you smoke pot during your lunch breaks..

Silly far left drones!
I am not a member of a union. I work as the county Building Inspector. I have a sterling attendance record, I have NEVER been involved in a workplace accident and I do not use drugs.

I am an American who holds the constitution dear. Ever read it? I advise you to start with the Fourth amendment.

And yet you do not understand that which you read!

You only know far left religious dogma.

If you say you hold the constitution dear then you would never vote far left..

These are just words to make yourself sound noble, but you are hardly noble supporting the far left .

Just suck it up and take the test! Unless you have something to hide..

And you show with each and every post that you do not understand the forth amendment..
Just suck it up and leave your gun at home, unless you want to shoot somebody.

Perfect example of a far left drone when shown the facts!

They have to do what everyone else does and they want special privileges, because they are part of the far left religious culture!

Your employer has the "right" to make the work place safe for everyone!

Why do you want to deny that right?

A company could mandate a internal ass screening every year, and it would be constitutional.

So are private sector drug testing venues.

Not sure what kind of deals you make for salary but in my experience work isn't "voluntary" unless you work for free.

Another far left drone that does not care about the working conditions of those that actually do work..

I cant call my boss a scumkvnt without being fired. FIRST AMENDMENT RIIIIGHTS!! ARGGGHHH!

Not a good analogy. The county has the right to make you leave your gun in the car or even at home. It's the government doing the drug testing but it's for a job. They may have a good reason, like someone doing something dopey and costing the citizens a bundle. Or it may be a factor for health or liability insurance.

It isn't like the government is random testing citizens, that would be an issue.

It is impossible to establish a causation between the chemical content of one's blood an d "doing something dopey". That's utter bullshit.
I didn't break it down to toddler level, sorry. I meant on dope. It should have been obvious?

You also didn't challenge my point.
I did but I can't talk baby talk for you, sorry. Ask a grownup why drugs can lead people to do stupid things.

And you still didn't.
Wouldn't it be easier to simply admit I'm right, you're wrong, and walk away in shame? I'm sure it would save time.
You're an idiot. Not right. I said there's probably a reason why they need to do it, like drug use causing a problem and you don't understand how drug use could cause a problem.

A company could mandate a internal ass screening every year, and it would be constitutional.

So are private sector drug testing venues.

"Constitutional" is one thing. This is less about Constitutional rights and more about the Human rights that document is based on. The principle.

My company wants to start drug testing this summer. I am opposed to them on constitutional grounds. How can I consent to an unwarranted search of the most intimate place I own, my body?

Would you consent if, as a condition of your employment, your company wanted to come into your home, riffle through your check book, peek under your bed, snoop around in your closets and dressers?

I will comply if they present a search warrant and show probable cause.

It's funny how that fourth amendment can be ignored.

If you work for a union you have nothing to fear, even you smoke pot during your lunch breaks..

Silly far left drones!
I am not a member of a union. I work as the county Building Inspector. I have a sterling attendance record, I have NEVER been involved in a workplace accident and I do not use drugs.

I am an American who holds the constitution dear. Ever read it? I advise you to start with the Fourth amendment.

These are just words to make yourself sound noble, but you are hardly noble supporting the far left .

And you show with each and every post that you do not understand the forth amendment..

They have to do what everyone else does and they want special privileges, because they are part of the far left religious culture!

Here's where I see my rights:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things

Show me where you see the right to make the workplace safe by conducting unwarranted searches.

youre being a dumbass. You either accept conditions of employment or you dont....EITHER WAY, your rights arent violated because you CHOOSE TO WORK THERE. WOW. Does a company who fires you for saying your boss is a **** to her face violate your 1st amendment right? Derpderpderp

And if the company suddenly puts you in a fire trap workplace with volatile chemicals and whips you while you work? Just roll over for it and "accept the conditions", huh?
your o.c.d. for arguing just .....flew right past my give a fuck meter pogo. Whoooo0o0osh, try again next time.

It is impossible to establish a causation between the chemical content of one's blood an d "doing something dopey". That's utter bullshit.
I didn't break it down to toddler level, sorry. I meant on dope. It should have been obvious?

I did but I can't talk baby talk for you, sorry. Ask a grownup why drugs can lead people to do stupid things.

And you still didn't.
Wouldn't it be easier to simply admit I'm right, you're wrong, and walk away in shame? I'm sure it would save time.
You're an idiot. Not right. I said there's probably a reason why they need to do it, like drug use causing a problem and you don't understand how drug use could cause a problem.

What I understand is linear time. When you start screening everybody --- before any incident has happened --- then you have no basis for your screening. That's what we mean by "probable cause".

your o.c.d. for arguing just .....flew right past my give a fuck meter pogo. Whoooo0o0osh, try again next time.

Why should I try again when I just proved the point?
When you lose your keys and then find them ---- do you keep looking?

Silly far left drones!

Show me where you see the right to make the workplace safe by conducting unwarranted searches.

Yes I know you far left drones cut and paste your religious dogma!

The employer has the right to make sure the work environment is safe, even safe from those that abuse alcohol and drugs! So they can make it safe for everyone. Please show the law that prevents the employer from making a safe work environment..

And you still didn't.

What I understand is linear time. When you start screening everybody --- before any incident has happened --- then you have no basis for your screening. That's what we mean by "probable cause".

You do not understand anything beyond far left religious dogma as you keep proving every time you post on these subjects!

And you still didn't.

And I said they likely do have a reason. Like a payout for somebody doing something stupid on drugs. Many over the counter drugs are a problem for operating machinery.

What gets me is anyone thinks it's OK for private companies but somehow government jobs should be exempt.

They find the requirement reasonable. Duh. Find another job or accept it.

you proved no point...you made a quibble over minutia and then posted a non sequitur. Call your boss the n word and dont get fired, give it a shot bro(i dont care if your response is something about not having a boss or your boss is your best friend). P.s. drug testing policy is along the same lines as fire safety, dont try and figure out why.....it might hurt. :thup:

And you still didn't.

And I said they likely do have a reason. Like a payout for somebody doing something stupid on drugs. Many over the counter drugs are a problem for operating machinery.

What gets me is anyone thinks it's OK for private companies but somehow government jobs should be exempt.

The power of the unions!

And you still didn't.

The power of the unions!
Yeah, good point. That and they think they are a cut above the average Joe.

you proved no point...you made a quibble over minutia and then posted a non sequitur. Call your boss the n word and dont get fired, give it a shot bro(i dont care if your response is something about not having a boss or your boss is your best friend). P.s. drug testing policy is along the same lines as fire safety, dont try and figure out why.....it might hurt. :thup:

Uh... no Sparkles, I extended your point to its obvious conclusion to expose the flaw in it. Your point was to go "yes master, may I have another". I say that's obsequious and enabling. You say "Obey", I say "Grow a pair".

And your puerile attempt to draw a false comparison with the "fuck off, Boss" thing completely fails. That's not intruding on anybody's privacy.

Uh... no Sparkles, I extended your point to its obvious conclusion to expose the flaw in it. Your point was to go "yes master, may I have another". I say that's obsequious and enabling.

And your puerile attempt to draw a false comparison with the "fuck off, Boss" thing completely fails. That's not intruding on anybody's privacy.
no, idiot. Its not. Its (in you dumbass' dichotomy) a "1st amendment right violation." Thats your asinine view, not mine. And saying employment isnt voluntary because you are being paid... no dumbdumb. That was quibbling over minutia because I used the term "voluntarily" as opposed to "its free will," and you waste time making dope nit picks that are meaningless to the conversation and all it does is serve to make you look like an arrogant jackass. Sort of like crying about 4th amendment rights when you enter employment at under your own "free will" to begin with.

Forum List

Back