Are knives arms?

I don’t own either. If I ever decide I have a need for such a weapon I would likely buy the AR-15 as it can be modified to suit my purposes easier than the Ruger. For example I might want to change to a more powerful round if I planed to use it for hunting.

I didn't ask what you would be.

As a rule, would prefer someone that you don't know own an AR-15 or the ranch gun?

I don’t own either. If I ever decide I have a need for such a weapon I would likely buy the AR-15 as it can be modified to suit my purposes easier than the Ruger. For example I might want to change to a more powerful round if I planed to use it for hunting.
The AR platforms are Legos for adults.

As a rule, would prefer someone that you don't know own an AR-15 or the ranch gun?
Most of the regular shooters at the pistol range I used to shoot at in the Tampa Bay Area owned AR-15s. I have no problems with people owning either AR-15s or Ruger Mini 14s.

Are you insinuating the AR-15 is an evil rifle while the Ruger Mini 14 is a nice rife or that Ar-15 owners are evil while Ruger Mini 14 owners are the nice guys in white hats?

Most of the regular shooters at the pistol range I used to shoot at in the Tampa Bay Area owned AR-15s. I have no problems with people owning either AR-15s or Ruger Mini 14s.

Are you insinuating the AR-15 is an evil rifle while the Ruger Mini 14 is a nice rife or that Ar-15 owners are evil while Ruger Mini 14 owners are the nice guys in white hats?

I'm not insinuating anything. I simply asked you a very simple question for which you seem challenged to provide a coherent answer...

I'm not insinuating anything. I simply asked you a very simple question for which you seem challenged to provide a coherent answer...
You asked. “As a rule, would prefer someone that you don't know own an AR-15 or the ranch gun?”

I answered your question by posting. …

Most of the regular shooters at the pistol range I used to shoot at in the Tampa Bay Area owned AR-15s. I have no problems with people owning either AR-15s or Ruger Mini 14s. … emphasis added.

It should be clear to any person that I don’t care which weapon a person I know or don’t know chooses. I am far more concerned that honest citizens have the right to purchase whatever legal firearms they choose. If someone legally purchases a Barrett 50 caliber rifle it wouldn’t bother me in the least.

1643232193352.jpeg

The Mini-14 comes in 7.62mm X 39 Russian as well as .223 (5.56mm).

You asked. “As a rule, would prefer someone that you don't know own an AR-15 or the ranch gun?”

I answered your question by posting. …

Most of the regular shooters at the pistol range I used to shoot at in the Tampa Bay Area owned AR-15s. I have no problems with people owning either AR-15s or Ruger Mini 14s. … emphasis added.

It should be clear to any person that I don’t care which weapon a person I know or don’t know chooses. I am far more concerned that honest citizens have the right to purchase whatever legal firearms they choose. If someone legally purchases a Barrett 50 caliber rifle it wouldn’t bother me in the least.

View attachment 593105

At $3.00 a round, I couldn't afford to shoot a Barret.

Sure. The law of averages says that far more good people will have them than bad. I want GOOD people to be as well armed as they can be, because the bad people don't give a tinkers damn about gun laws so they ARE armed as well as they can be.

Sure. The law of averages says that far more good people will have them than bad. I want GOOD people to be as well armed as they can be, because the bad people don't give a tinkers damn about gun laws so they ARE armed as well as they can be.
So, if you want them to be "armed as well as they can be", should they have the AR-15 or the ranch gun?

So, if you want them to be "armed as well as they can be", should they have the AR-15 or the ranch gun?

Whichever one they want, I don't care. I own FN's, HK's, and a couple of AR's. Whatever floats their boat.

I don't believe that the founding fathers had knives alone as arms in mind and were referring to the right to bear arms, like guns or any deadly weapon, in the war with the British. That was the extent of it, and the issue has morphed into the catastrophe that we have today. I own 3 guns and support gun owner's rights, but not to the extent of the ridiculous. Common sense must be used.
Many of the writings of the time discuss swords in the same terms as firearms.

And, no, you don't support gun owners' rights; you clearly only support your rights. If three guns fill all your needs or interests then that's all anyone should own? Do you have three hands or arms? Why the hell do you need 3 guns? And if you can only use one at a time, assuming that at least two of your three guns are Fudd guns, why have even more than one? I might own a thousand guns but if I can only carry one then I have guns I can't use just as you have guns you can't use. 1 extra, 2 extra, 999 extra, makes no difference. My 999 extra aren't hurting you or anyone else.

The people don't posses the right to keep and bear arms because the 2nd Amendment is there or what it says; the people possess the right to arms because no power was ever granted to government to allow it to compose a thought about the personal arms of the private citizen.

To put it another way, we don't have the right to arms because of what the 2nd Amendment says, we have the right to arms because of what the BODY of the Constitution doesn't say.
That's close but it misses the mark. We have a right to keep and bear arms because we live. The government is forbidden from infringing on that right both because of what the Constitution explicitly says and, good point, what it doesn't say.

The Federal Government has only those powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution and whether or not there was a 2nd, 9th, or 10th Amendment, the government would not have the authority to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. But if the Constitution explicitly granted them the authority, the right would still exist. The right to life, the first right, is the most basic of all human rights and the right to keep and bear arms is the most basic protector of the first right.

I am hardly confused. The confusion is yours, totally. Tyranny such as a militia answering only to DeSantis?

You, like most on the left, misunderstand the nature of our Republic. We are a republic of sovereign states. The states agreed to team up, work together, and create a republic to help each other. Thus the militias are, in fact, state militaries to be utilized, controlled, and maintained by the governors. Congress has the power to call up the militias in times of insurrection and invasion. The militias are not the standing army and are not the National Guard or Reserves. Unless called up by Congress, the Florida militia does, in fact, answer to DeSantis within the framework of laws created by Congress designed to regulate (as in standardize) the militias across all states.

what about the 28 other states with them??

and I didnt say your confusion was about militias so I dont know why you spun that issue??
could you explain why??
All 50 states have militias whether or not the Governors choose to accept their responsibility in leading the militias. All 50 states have men between 16 and 60.

Absolutely correct....as it existed. Had they known the horrors of today and gun capacity of today,
who knows what their ruling would be. Get real. Muskets vs. AK47s. There has to be changes in the form of regulations, which is perfectly legal and necessary.
They gave an option for changing the Constitution for changing times. If you think it needs changing then change it.

You can't eliminate the right but you could potentially get an amendment passed to authorize the government to infringe. Then the discussion will change. Today, it's that the government has no right to infringe. If that is changed the discussion would be how or whether they can enforce a ban and whether gunowners comply.

Forum List

Back