Are knives arms?

Knives were everyday tools in those days. Have you e
I would have to say that the protection is implied. But I wouldn't expect it to hold up in court.

After all, a militia can be armed with a sword, and what is a sword but a long knife? If you mount a bayonet onto your rifle, are you more or less or better armed?

Cannot an armory stock knives and swords? Can you not have an arsenal of weapons? Isn't a knife a weapon? So can't you have an arsenal of knives and swords?

Still, I wouldn't expect the argument to easily hold up in court without a fight as gthey already think we are far too much armed.

Have you ever thought of the origin of the term “penknife”? Everyone literate carried a small knife to sharpen the quills people wrote with (quills are bird feathers). Knives were and are constantly useful in everyday life.

Absolutely correct....as it existed. Had they known the horrors of today and gun capacity of today,
who knows what their ruling would be. Get real. Muskets vs. AK47s. There has to be changes in the form of regulations, which is perfectly legal and necessary.
A small cannon loaded with grapeshot could do far more damage than an AK-47. Cannon were legal for any civilian to possess.

Psychologically, it would be very difficult to kill anyone with a knife.

Actually, you are wrong....in Britain, British teenagers are knifing each other to death at alarming rates.......to the point the British government wants to ban knives that have points on them...........

Back in the 1950s, knives were the weapon of choice of gangs in the U.S......going into the mid 1960s, that changed, and guns became the weapon of choice.....Britain is going to experience this as their young men become more and more violent, and less afraid of the penalties and police...

Yes, for future reasons, such as the reason for the law regarding militias. So who cares that they were our government. Oh, automatic weapons are not necessary for you to own, unless you want to overthrow our Democracy and create anarchy, which may result in an autocracy.
AR15 is not automatic ir is semiautomatic just like a ton of other non threatening hunting rifles that arent black.

Today's weapons are a far cry from the muskets used in Washington's America. Nobody in their right mind would approve of the weaponry that is available to today's gun owners. Unnecessary, for sure.
AK47? C'mon man!! I do not care about your mind set. I care that our gun laws are not being enforced and gun ownership not regulated. Guns are readily available to buy and are in the hands of the wrong people, the Menéndez brothers being prime examples. Can you procure them illegally? Sure, but why do that when you can buy all you want legally.
There was an automatic fire arm at the time of the Bill of Rights writing. Didnt stop them then.

"Common" sense is abject naievity, and ignorance. Anyone who looks to "common" sense as foundational grounding, is beneath imperical thought....

Common sense has more of an influence over life expectancy than empirical thought does ... :thup:

Wrong they had postive PROOF that high capacity auto and semi auto fire firearms were not only POSSIBLE but in reality existed already when they created the amendment.
Additionally… Per such train of thought… Free speech could only be applied to the town crier, gossip, and freedom of the “Press” to the printing press. Sorry Mormons, and Pastafarians… Kick rocks. The protections don’t cover you…

Forum List

Back