Are knives arms?

who are you to say what another person wants or needs??
and if you look at the true intent of the 2nd you will see its specific to that type of gun/weapon/arms
We were at war with England and that is what the 2nd amendment was referring to when the word "militia" was used relative to gun possession. The ownership can be regulated.

We were at war with England and that is what the 2nd amendment was referring to when the word "militia" was used relative to gun possession. The ownership can be regulated.
not according to the guys that wrote it,,

and when they wrote it the war was over,, it was for future reasons,,

OH and at the time of that war they were our government not a foreign power,,

not according to the guys that wrote it,,

and when they wrote it the war was over,, it was for future reasons,,

OH and at the time of that war they were our government not a foreign power,,
Yes, for future reasons, such as the reason for the law regarding militias. So who cares that they were our government. Oh, automatic weapons are not necessary for you to own, unless you want to overthrow our Democracy and create anarchy, which may result in an autocracy.

Yes, for future reasons, such as the reason for the law regarding militias. So who cares that they were our government. Oh, automatic weapons are not necessary for you to own, unless you want to overthrow our Democracy and create anarchy, which may result in an autocracy.
or to fend off a threat of tyranny from any direction including our own government,,

and sorry but we are a constitutional republic not a democracy,, that might explain your confusion,,

The people don't posses the right to keep and bear arms because the 2nd Amendment is there or what it says; the people possess the right to arms because no power was ever granted to government to allow it to compose a thought about the personal arms of the private citizen.

To put it another way, we don't have the right to arms because of what the 2nd Amendment says, we have the right to arms because of what the BODY of the Constitution doesn't say.

or to fend off a threat of tyranny from any direction including our own government,,

and sorry but we are a constitutional republic not a democracy,, that might explain your confusion,,
I am hardly confused. The confusion is yours, totally. Tyranny such as a militia answering only to DeSantis?

I am hardly confused. The confusion is yours, totally. Tyranny such as a militia answering only to DeSantis?
what about the 28 other states with them??

and I didnt say your confusion was about militias so I dont know why you spun that issue??
could you explain why??

What about "Doc Martin boots" or similar heavy footwear used to stomp or kick-in a head or body parts ???

Or a baseball bat or cricket wicket, or even a 2"x4" piece of lumber ???

Many an item can be used to lethal purpose, so how far will we outlaw everyday devices/items ???

Although Second Amendment cases and scholarship have focused on guns, the Second Amendment does not protect “the right to keep and bear Firearms.” The Amendment protects “arms,” of which firearms are only one category. In this Article, we analyze Second Amendment protection for the most common “arm” in the United States—the knife.

I would say yes.

There's the "National Switchblade Act" that banned switchblades for some reason.
Switchblades are illegal in some states but not in others.

The free state of Florida allows an individual to own and even carry an automatic knife (switchblade). Concealed carry requires a Concealed Weapons Permit which also allows the bearer to carry a concealed firearm.

I own several switchblade knives but I prefer to carry a fixed blade knife and a legally concealed snub nosed revolver when I am out and about. I use the switch blades to open envelopes. Switchblade knifes are fun to play with.

A true Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what to eat for dinner.

Well regulated, at the time the 2nd was written, meant " in good working order"
It has zip to do with laws.

Forum List

Back