Are knives arms?

Education, waiting periods
I'm all for government funded safety, self defense and tactical training. But, that isn't "regulation". Gun ownership can't legally be regulated. Just like speech can't be regulated. Actions taken with a gun like assault, or murder are the only regulations that are constitutional. Just like you can engage in public speech that could invite a riot, or murder; you can't use a gun to injure, or kill another person.

I'm all for government funded safety, self defense and tactical training. But, that isn't "regulation". Gun ownership can't legally be regulated. Just like speech can't be regulated. Actions taken with a gun like assault, or murder are the only regulations that are constitutional. Just like you can engage in public speech that could invite a riot, or murder; you can't use a gun to injure, or kill another person.

Actually such training is regulation, as intended by the Founders. It is perfectly reasonable, even desirable, for the government to make sure that the masses are not only armed but are trained in arms. Firearm use and safety should be taught in every high school in the country.

Most Christians believe that suicides will suffer for eternity. As a Jew, I believe that they will suffer only a few centuries or millennia.
So what? Not everyone is a Christian or a Jew

Your beliefs are yours you have no right to force others to live by your beliefs

What kind? At what level?
How are these things necessary? How will they be effective?
I am not the person to ask, as you and I are not educated on this matter.
Also, in early times, schools and concerts were not shot up like today. We are in different times, and the right to own does not come with the right to abuse the privilege. So we need changes in the rules.
What are they? I don't know.

Um, I think that those are regulations, and a waiting period must be adhered to before any license to own is permitted, in my view. I think that the government should share in the funding.

Um, I think that those are regulations, and a waiting period must be adhered to before any license to own is permitted, in my view. I think that the government should share in the funding.
Licenses are unconstitutional and so are mandatory classes that the citizens have to pay out of pocket.

You want mandatory training? Fine, you can help pay for it.

Forum List

Back