ARE CEO's often Psychopaths?

I have very good friends who are obviously psychopaths and sociopaths.

So fucking what?

You don't know anyone that just likes to pet bunnies?
You mean like ChrisL ?

I love my bunny. He looks like a stuffed animal and is sweet and gentle. :)
But I wouldn't consider you to be a psycho.

Perhaps you may have pissed me off a few times, but I could not honestly describe you as neither a psychopath, nor a sociopath.

To me you seem like just a regular (rather attractive) woman with a very strange, but very common sexual fetish for bunny rabbits. Just like any other normal, well adjusted, strange USMB forumer.

So fucking what?

You mean like ChrisL ?

Perhaps you may have pissed me of a few times, but I could not honestly describe you as neither a psychopath, nor a sociopath.

To me you seem like just a regular (rather attractive) woman with a very strange, but very common sexual fetish for bunny rabbits. Just like any other normal, well adjusted, strange USMB forumer.

There's nothing sexual about my bunny fetish! I just love bunnies!

hoppingbunny.gif

ARE CEO's often Psychopaths?

4% is not 'often' not even fucking close.

you're a liar, nothing more.

So, you do not think that 4% is often compared to 1%. Multiply the number of people in the country who are ceo's by .04, and see if you think it would relate to OFTEN. And consider the definition. Use it in a sentence. For instance, TwoThumbs is often a stupid shit.
only a moron or a liar is going to think 4% is often.

are you a pathological liar or brain damaged?

So fucking what?

You mean like ChrisL ?

Perhaps you may have pissed me of a few times, but I could not honestly describe you as neither a psychopath, nor a sociopath.

hoppingbunny.gif

You mean like ChrisL ?

hoppingbunny.gif

Bunnies rule!

I have worked a long time in the IT industry, from College on. And as time went on, I reported often directly to CEO's of companies I worked for. And I noticed something really common: Detachment from the normal concerns or regular people. For instance, firing a hundred or more employees seemed to not concern them in the slightest. Normal people were really concerned, even heavily depressed, over having to let one or two go, especially if the employee was not to blame. Anyone else ever puzzled over the question?
Here is a study on the subject:
Journalist Jon Ronson's book The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry sheds some new light on psychopaths and the mental health industry that surrounds them. During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths, which is nearly four times the rate in the general population. In fact, CEOs are more likely to exhibit psychopathic traits than folks with any other job title.
Why a Disproportionate Number of CEOs Are Psychopaths

It is probably easier not to feel compassion for fired workers when they are so detached from them. I understand the need to make business decisions but not to feel anything when you fire someone is kind of wrong.

As for CEOs being psychopaths, Generally if you want a job where you get to control other people then you are probably a psychopath.

Forum List

Back