Are Border Collies Smarter to Conservatives?

No, I think I got you...

:smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass:

You have my permission to think what you want. Context provides perspective, the evidence you offer is nothing more than your opinion; my response is framed by what preceded it.

Ah...the evidence I offer is that your vocabulary, while impressively verbose, is obviously lacking when you don't know the difference between since and sense.

Since reading your post I sense you're captious.

When typing fast, and thinking much faster, silly mistakes are made, most are correctable by reading over one's work and editing. Often we see your for you're, are for our and to for too. Common errors which have no bearing on the intelligence of the author.

Of course some people are unable to rebut an argument, a sign you and others like you should move on (Yikes, a sentence ending with a preposition). Sadly they can't, they seem to believe pointing out an error in spelling, grammar or the misuse of a word will make them appear erudite; they're wrong, and doing so makes them look foolish.

No, I think I got you...

:smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass:

You have my permission to think what you want. Context provides perspective, the evidence you offer is nothing more than your opinion; my response is framed by what preceded it.

Ah...the evidence I offer is that your vocabulary, while impressively verbose, is obviously lacking when you don't know the difference between since and sense.

Since reading your post I sense you're captious.

When typing fast, and thinking much faster, silly mistakes are made, most are correctable by reading over one's work and editing. Often we see your for you're, are for our and to for too. Common errors which have no bearing on the intelligence of the author.

Of course some people are unable to rebut an argument, a sign you and others like you should move on (Yikes, a sentence ending with a preposition). Sadly they can't, they seem to believe pointing out an error in spelling, grammar or the misuse of a word will make them appear erudite; they're wrong, and doing so makes them look foolish.

The ONLY time I'll point out mistakes in grammar or spelling is when someone goes out of their way to insult the intelligence of others, doing so in a post that contains mistakes in grammar or spelling. It's akin to a fat slob laying on his couch eating Fritos chips saying that someone walking past his house needs to lose a few lbs.

My suggestion to you is that if you do want to post about how smart you are and how dumb others are...you do it in a post that doesn't make it look like English is a second language for you. If you need to go back and edit what you've written once you post it...feel free.

And I find it amusing that you accuse me of being "captious" when it was you that started a rather captious string. Just saying...

And I find it amusing that you accuse me of being "captious" when it was you that started a rather captious string. Just saying...

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of captious, there is nothing trivial in my comments of people who do nothing but parrot propaganda and echo other parrots.

Doing so is ubiquitous among the legion of right wing self defined conservatives, who are mindful of the intelligence, or lack their, and ignorance of the radical chic in the late 60's. A group I knew well since I grew up very close to the Haight-Ashbury - so close we played stick ball against the wall of Kezar.

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of captious, there is nothing trivial in my comments of people who do nothing but parrot propaganda and echo other parrots.

Doing so is ubiquitous among the legion of right wing self defined conservatives, who are mindful of the intelligence, or lack their, and ignorance of the radical chic in the late 60's. A group I knew well since I grew up very close to the Haight-Ashbury - so close we played stick ball against the wall of Kezar.

"Marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections." Merriam Webster

That's EXACTLY what this string was from the start, Wry...your ill-natured inclination to stress the faults of conservatives by claiming they were less intelligent than Border Collies!

And it would be lack there of...not "lack their". Once again you tried to portray yourself as literate and once again you came up short. Instead of tossing around hundred dollar words like "ubiquitous" in an attempt to impress, I would suggest you learn how to properly use the smaller ones first.

Maybe YOU should understand the meanings of words before you try and impress people by using them?

Forum List

Back