Are blacks "political chumps" for supporting Democrats

You wish it was Democrats controlling blacks.
But we all know blacks are an important part of the coalition that makes up the Democratic Party. This is why the GOP, a party that is 90% white can't attract blacks to their party. And you can bet that 100% of those whites voted against Obama.

What was The Great Society?

I'll take “I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” for $1,000 Alex.

TAKE Crusader Frank's advice and go play legos...

HACK

Democrats make Blacks think they're a special interest group because they're a minority. That's why their entire political identity consists of listening out for "racist dog-whistles" and having liberals tell them about how prejudiced the right is.

I just think it's funny that the same people who criticize Republicans for going after the "angry old white male voter" have no problem with Dems pandering to the "angry black vote".

But we all know blacks are an important part of the coalition that makes up the Democratic Party. This is why the GOP, a party that is 90% white can't attract blacks to their party. And you can bet that 100% of those whites voted against Obama.

I'll take “I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” for $1,000 Alex.

HACK

Do you have a source for that quote, or did you see it on StormFront?

HACK

Here. So you don't have to remain ignorant

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-of-lbj-and-race-goebbles-would-be-proud.html

HACK

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-of-lbj-and-race-goebbles-would-be-proud.html

Fwankie, you can't cite your own threads as a source of something being said.

Oh, and your source in that thread is something called "Right Wing News" written by John Hawkins, one of the bigger nutters in the Town Hall realm of whackjobs.

So, essentially, you got caught in a lie. Again.

Guess you make this up as you go along.

The Tea Party is claimed to be 90% white. The Tea Party isn't the Republican Party. The Tea Party has members from other political parties as well. Libertarians and Democrats. Anyone who's fed up with the spending in Washington by both sides.

BTW, ask yourself why would a Republican vote for a Democrat? I don't think race has anything to do with it. It has something to do with whether that political party has your values in mind. Below you can see that historically the Dems got less than half of the white vote. Now you can see why Democrats suck up so much to minorities. If they didn't they'd never win a general election.

whitevoters.jpg

President Obama and the white vote? No problem.

HACK

Specifically:

The Unknown History of Civil Rights" - Wynton Hall, Hoover Institution

The LBJ "voting against anti lynching" quote is found in several place including the Senate record and his campaign speeches.

"I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years." -- Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One Ronald Kessler's "Inside The White House"

"These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” -- LBJ

Here's MORE:

The Unknown History of Civil Rights

Indeed, LBJ biographer Robert Caro notes that prior to 1957, Johnson “had never supported civil rights legislation—any civil rights legislation,” including anti-lynching legislation. His private behavior toward blacks was appalling. Robert Parker, LBJ’s longtime black employee and limousine chauffeur, claims that Johsnon blasted him daily with a blizzard of bigoted slurs. And even as LBJ was being praised by liberals for his appointment of Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, behind closed doors LBJ’s cynical brand of “identity politics” became clear. As presidential historian Robert Dallek recounts, LBJ explained his decision to a staff member by saying, “"Son, when I appoint a nig—r to the court, I want everyone to know he's a nig—r."

Now Joey? I've done YOU a favour...Don't expect it all the time as it would make you more intellectually dishonest than YOU already are.

I don't expect YOU will go look...but rather continue your blatent ignorance for all to see.

[

The LBJ "voting against anti lynching" quote is found in several place including the Senate record and his campaign speeches....

Now Joey? I've done YOU a favour...Don't expect it all the time as it would make you more intellectually dishonest than YOU already are.

I don't expect YOU will go look...but rather continue your blatent ignorance for all to see.

So the only thing you got is ONE source from Town Hall that said that LBJ used the N-word.

A guy who also writes such tomes as "Islam Exposed".

So do you have a not fucking batshit crazy source for this quote.

So the only thing you got is ONE source from Town Hall that said that LBJ used the N-word.

What? Do you just keep asking the same question until you don't get an answer?

"I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years." -- Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One Ronald Kessler's, Inside The White House"--That's page 33 if you must know, which apparently you mustn't.

HACK

GOOGLE IT ... It's a Fact ... here's the first few of dozens of links that have reported it ...

Quote by Lyndon B. Johnson: I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for t...

20 great moments in liberal bigotry

Some Of The Lost History In The Civil Rights Movement

LBJ is also credited with the following statement:

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. for if we don't move at all, then their allies [The Republicans] will line up against us and there will be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there will be no way of putting the brake on all sorts of wild legislation, it'll be reconstruction all over again - Lyndon Johnson

[

The LBJ "voting against anti lynching" quote is found in several place including the Senate record and his campaign speeches....

A guy who also writes such tomes as "Islam Exposed".

So do you have a not fucking batshit crazy source for this quote.

There are Dozens of sources from that Quote - it was originally report in

Fraudulent Representation: The Tainted Mindset of the Black Community By Jonathan R Kerry

and

This Is Not Your Father's Democratic Party by William Sylvester Noonan

In addition LBJ is also credited with the following statement:

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. for if we don't move at all, then their allies [The Republicans] will line up against us and there will be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there will be no way of putting the brake on all sorts of wild legislation, it'll be reconstruction all over again - Lyndon Johnson

Top Racist Democrat Quotes

------------

Wanna take it a little further Robert F. Kennedy is quoted as saying

"I did not lie awake at night worrying about the problems of Negroes."
{A gross understatement} he then later authorized wiretapping the phones and bugging the hotel rooms of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

The descendants of the Klan - The Democratic Party have come to the realization that you can actually enslave an entire race of people and not call it slavery? Liberal Democrats have reintroduced slavery to the African American Community through so called social welfare programs.

You can quote the Johnson "****** quote" all you want but the fact is that he passed more legislation regarding Civil Rights than any CONSERVATIVE did, in fact conservatives fought against those bills and appointments below:

Regarding LBJ, here's why I really think that "200 years" quote is akin to what you guys do with MLK's one quote:
"Johnson was greatly supported by the Democratic Party and as President, he was responsible for designing the "Great Society" legislation that included laws that upheld civil rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, Medicaid, environmental protection, aid to education, aid to the arts, urban and rural development, and his "War on Poverty." "

"Civil rights bills signed by Johnson banned racial discrimination in public facilities, interstate commerce, the workplace, and housing, and a powerful voting rights act guaranteed full voting rights for citizens of all races."

"In conjunction with the Civil Rights Movement, Johnson overcame southern resistance and convinced the Democratic-Controlled Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed most forms of racial segregation."

"Johnson took the initiative in finishing what Kennedy started and broke a filibuster by Southern Democrats in March 1964; as a result, this pushed the bill for passage in the Senate"

"In 1965, he achieved passage of a second civil rights bill, the Voting Rights Act, which outlawed discrimination in voting, thus allowing millions of southern blacks to vote for the first time."

"After the murder of civil rights worker Viola Liuzzo, Johnson went on television to announce the arrest of four Ku Klux Klansmen implicated in her death. He angrily denounced the Klan as a "hooded society of bigots," and warned them to "return to a decent society before it's too late." Johnson was the first President to arrest and prosecute members of the Klan since Ulysses S. Grant about 93 years earlier"

"In 1967, Johnson nominated civil rights attorney Thurgood Marshall to be the first African American Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. To head the new Department of Housing and Urban Development, Johnson appointed Robert C. Weaver—the first African-American cabinet secretary in any U.S. presidential administration."

"In 1968 Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968, which provided for equal housing opportunities regardless of race, creed, or national origin."

"On April 5, Johnson wrote a letter to the United States House of Representatives urging passage of the Fair Housing Act"

"Johnson signed the Immigration Act of 1965,[72] which substantially changed U.S. immigration policy toward non-Europeans.[73] According to OECD, "While European-born immigrants accounted for nearly 60% of the total foreign-born population in 1970, they accounted for only 15% in 2000."

Now, what were the conservative republicans who allegedly "love" and "care" for "the Blacks" doing when the above was happening? What were the likes of the modern conservative movement doing when the above was happening, did they support it or OPPOSE it? :)

"Reagan did not support federal initiatives to provide blacks with civil rights.[34] He opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964[35] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson"

"He (Reagan) also said (while campaigning in Georgia) that Confederate President Jefferson Davis was "a hero of mine."[40] However, Reagan was offended that some accused him of racism.[40] In 1980 Reagan said the Voting Rights Act was "humiliating to the South,""

"At first Reagan opposed the Martin Luther King holiday, and signed it only after an overwhelming veto-proof majority (338 to 90 in the House of Representatives and 78 to 22 in the Senate) voted in favor of it.[47] Congress overrode Reagan's veto of the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988."

"Early in his political career Reagan opposed every major piece of civil rights legislation adopted by Congress, including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the Fair Housing Act of 1968."

This is why the GOP, a party that is 90% white can't attract blacks to their party.

e33ad1c5b2cc5b537176efae7930aa90.gif

Forum List

Back