Zone1 Are Blacks overproportionally represented in the media?

The 2020 Census showed that in the US, there are 204.3 million white people, 33.8 million "multi-racial" people, 49.9 million "Other Race" people, 24 million Asian, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander people, 62.1 million Hispanic or Latino people, and 44.1 million Black or African American people.

In other words, there are 285,389,000 people in the US who are not Black, and 44,100,000 in the US who are black. The ratio of Black people to non-Black people would be in reality, 6.47 non-Black people to every one Black person in a television commercial.

It's just simple math, yo.

But math is racist. :(

In America we have groups of white liberals who have been brainwashed to guilt themselves into frenzy over the ancient treatment of African-Americans to the point of hating their own skin color and mutilating themselves to appear more black. At the upper corporate and political level deluging or saturating American mass media with images of African-Americans engaged in every possible life activity has become very trendy and hip. These white liberals think they can erase history by martyring themselves in the name of African-American rights. In truth, white liberals who have jumped on this wagon are far more racist than any nationalist or conservative American, as these liberals believe ALL black people share a hive mind and could not possibly be unique individuals who identify as Americans FIRST and not at all by the color of their skin. These are but a few of the dire problems we Americans face these days. Confusing, isn't it?
Trying to untangle your racist views must be to hard for you.

It would help to know who your response was directed towards.

But as for affecting lives, the blacks want money just for having more pigment and they want me to pay them because I have less pigment.

And some of those on this board have openly advocated for doing away with the white race.

It matters, as they will learn.
Wow, how did you leave out replacement theory humper?

The only nonwhite described characters in that world by Tolkien were the orcs. It is disrespectful to the material. What amazon is doing looks like a bad parody of lord of the ring's diversity for the sake of diversity is obtuse. It has to make sense even the legendary filmmaker Tim Burton slammed forced diversity and political correctness in 2016. Idiotic people are still calling him racist for expressing facts. The only reason the lord of the rings shows they made it diverse was that they believe Tolkien was some white supremacist nobody ever says fictional places like Wakanda needed more diversity. Woke people only pull that card on white-dominated IP. It is a double standard.
Wakanda has Bucky Barnes as a token white, so it's covered.

I don't care who it is. It's absurd nonsense no matter who it comes from.

Go ask Tolkien if he gives a shit about such nonsense. Oh wait, you can't. So just let it go.
You know what is absurd is that woke people such as yourself believe that it is okay to overrepresent blacks in parts of the world and periods they were not there for, and your ridiculous logic if we don't shut up and confirm we are racist? And that's such malarkey an SJW like you would say remake, Anastasia with black people, but draw the line with urban tales. Wakanda is fictional, but everyone who lived in Wakanda was black. You'd never go on Twitter and tell marvel that film needs more diversity. Individuals like you cheapen racism. Oh, And I decided to wait until after comic con to reply to the mindless post you wrote for this reason! Look at the backlash amazon is getting for disrespecting lore! They even fired a Tolkien scholar Tom Shippey for trying to protect the franchise from a bunch of lunatics who had no respect for Tolkien's work in the first place.

Based on those three million dislikes, most people would agree with me.

Come on, man! You played the race card, and you defended Amazon's lousy series made by people who never got more than three pages into the fellowship of the ring. :cuckoo:The strong criticism they received shows most people agree with me. Peter Jackson never put his own political opinions into his trilogies. He honored Tolkien's work!

We made a promise to ourselves at the beginning of the process that we weren't going to put any of our own politics, our own messages, or our own themes into these movies. What we were trying to do was to analyze what was important to Tolkien and to try to honor that. Peter Jackson

I frankly don't care that much about there being over representation or under representation when it come to specific races, sexes, etc. in specific areas. There should be equality in opportunity, but this will not result in equality of outcome simply because there are differences between groups and individuals that result in different outcomes when given that equality of opportunity.

The short answer is 'Yes' at least for TV commercials. All anyone has to do is take a random sample of 10 commercials and count how many of them have Black people in them. I've done the random sampling myself and usually come up with 6 or 7. Never less than 5. If Blacks were proportionately represented, I should be getting no more than 2 since they make up less than 20 percent of the population.

Your question is a good one and this is ONLY about statistical representation and nothing else. But advertisers have other considerations.

Movies, Music Industry, Commercials, etc.? I think there are more Latino Americans then Black Americans, yet they do not have any representation. Im curious about the honest opinion of IM2 and ThomasSowellsFro

In the Hollywood movies, the face of a american or even medieval european knight or princess king or queen is often black. It was even in the 80s when I watched Rocky IV, actually the blonde Dolph Lundgren was the Anti-American Character and the Black American (mentor of Rocky) was the ALL AMERICAN character, I watched other similar movies, where whites are anti-american (german, russian etc.) and Blacks are American. I cannot name those movies now because Im bad at remembering movie titles and names, but yes i saw them. Nowadays in 2022 it is even much more even Scandinavian Gods and Godesses are Black.

But Blacks are only 13% of the population, the latinos are a larger segment of the population.

Sincere Opinions, and Im Pro Black and Anti-Racist fyi
Movies, Music Industry, Commercials, etc.? I think there are more Latino Americans then Black Americans, yet they do not have any representation. Im curious about the honest opinion of IM2 and ThomasSowellsFro

In the Hollywood movies, the face of a american or even medieval european knight or princess king or queen is often black. It was even in the 80s when I watched Rocky IV, actually the blonde Dolph Lundgren was the Anti-American Character and the Black American (mentor of Rocky) was the ALL AMERICAN character, I watched other similar movies, where whites are anti-american (german, russian etc.) and Blacks are American. I cannot name those movies now because Im bad at remembering movie titles and names, but yes i saw them. Nowadays in 2022 it is even much more even Scandinavian Gods and Godesses are Black.

But Blacks are only 13% of the population, the latinos are a larger segment of the population.

Sincere Opinions, and Im Pro Black and Anti-Racist fyi
I have recently noticed a lot of commercials and advertisements with interracial couples — usually a black man and a white female. Is a suggestion being made to help clear up the race problems in our nation?

For example, I got this email yesterday.

1662446210273.jpeg

Blacks are vastly over-represented in media today. American TV programs and ads, in too many cases, look like as if they might have been produced in some African shithole. It simply does NOT reflect the American population, at all.

Most people, imo, would prefer to see people who look like themselves represented in media. Or, at least have the racial balance be more realistic.

With all the BLM and "woke" bullshit, the riots, endless crimes, and whining about every damned thing, I have no interest in watching blacks in shows or ads. I have little positive interest in blacks, these days.

I usually mute the commercials and do other things for the 5 minutes they waste, or I channel surf.

I'd love to see more Asians in media simply because I find them attractive. I also love blondes but, at the moment.ent they seem like an endangered species on American TV.

Last edited:
Blacks are vastly over-represented in media today. American TV programs and ads, in too many cases, look like as if they might have been produced in some African shithole. It simply does NOT reflect the American population, at all.

Most people, imo, would prefer to see people who look like themselves represented in media. Or, at least have the racial balance be more realistic.

With all the BLM and "woke" bullshit, the riots, endless crimes, and whining about every damned thing, I have no interest in watching blacks in shows or ads. I have little positive interest in blacks, these days.

I usually mute the commercials and do other things for the 5 minutes they waste, or I channel surf.

I'd love to see more Asians in media simply because I find them attractive. I also love blondes but, at the moment.ent they seem like an endangered species on American TV.
The whole thing is so extreme that it’s beyond ridiculous. They FINALLY took it down, but for a month Zillow featured the happy couple in front of their new house: white woman and black man.

If one were to judge from advertisements, the US is made up of black women, black families, and biracial couples.

I think most normal people don't give a second thought to the racial identity of actors in commercials for Cheerios and the like. I think people who obsess over such things have got issues.

Forum List

Back