Zone1 Are Blacks overproportionally represented in the media?

So, to the blacks here, if indeed blacks have been underrepresented in the past, what is accomplished by them being overrepresented now?

Is this a payback kind of satisfaction for you? A "HA! TAKE THAT!" kind of thing?

And did you hear a single person ever bitch that there weren't enough whites on BET?

MOD EDIT - this does not belong in Zone 1 and begins the derailment.
What actually is the point, beyond the hoped for white genocide that most of you haven't the balls to admit here on USMB that you're thinking is going to fulfill all your wet dreams?
BET is one network. XXXXXX-edited-meister

Last edited by a moderator:
Movies, Music Industry, Commercials, etc.? I think there are more Latino Americans then Black Americans, yet they do not have any representation. Im curious about the honest opinion of IM2 and ThomasSowellsFro

In the Hollywood movies, the face of a american or even medieval european knight or princess king or queen is often black. It was even in the 80s when I watched Rocky IV, actually the blonde Dolph Lundgren was the Anti-American Character and the Black American (mentor of Rocky) was the ALL AMERICAN character, I watched other similar movies, where whites are anti-american (german, russian etc.) and Blacks are American. I cannot name those movies now because Im bad at remembering movie titles and names, but yes i saw them. Nowadays in 2022 it is even much more even Scandinavian Gods and Godesses are Black.

But Blacks are only 13% of the population, the latinos are a larger segment of the population.

Sincere Opinions, and Im Pro Black and Anti-Racist fyi
Not only are they over-represented in commercials. They'd have people believe America is like 98% black. They even put them in projects that make no sense, like amazon's lord of the rings. And the tragedy of Macbeth and, don't even get me started on that Anne Boleyn series.

HOBBITFAKE.jpg

240589243_104366385349899_4817840642327803291_n (1).jpg

286654298_561038072379650_8437401006994182137_n.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings"? Are you kidding? It's fantasy. Most of those characters aren't even supposed to be human. What the hell does it matter what color the characters are represented as?

"The Lord of the Rings"? Are you kidding? It's fantasy. Most of those characters aren't even supposed to be human. What the hell does it matter what color the characters are represented as?
In the period LOTR and the Hobbit are set. In The first age England. No blacks were running around, and the liberals made race an issue back when the trilogy and the first hobbit came out.

249155_656434337707408_1021255055_n.jpg

1397132_590398330995776_469160882_o (1).jpg
HOBBITFAKE.jpg

How completely absurd can some people get with this silly obsession? Losing their shit because a hobbit, an elf, or a magic wizard isn't the "right" race? :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

The short answer is 'Yes' at least for TV commercials. All anyone has to do is take a random sample of 10 commercials and count how many of them have Black people in them. I've done the random sampling myself and usually come up with 6 or 7. Never less than 5. If Blacks were proportionately represented, I should be getting no more than 2 since they make up less than 20 percent of the population.

Your question is a good one and this is ONLY about statistical representation and nothing else. But advertisers have other considerations.
Blacks are more likely to respond to advertising than whites, at this time. So, there is a rush to take advantage of black purchasing power, estimated to be north of a $Trillion each year.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Blacks are more likely to respond to advertising than whites, at this time. So, there is a rush to take advantage of black purchasing power, estimated to be north of a $Trillion each year.
Cool. None of the products that are advertised to black people are things I'd waste my money on anyway.

Because people don't agree with you?
No. Because most of the TV networks are owned by whites with the decision makers being white and you idiots are bitching about minimum wage actors in commercials. Furthermore I showed that blacks watch the most TV, so ads are going to reflect the audience.

No. Because most of the TV networks are owned by whites with the decision makers being white and you idiots are bitching about minimum wage actors in commercials. Furthermore I showed that blacks watch the most TV, so ads are going to reflect the audience.
If you say so, chuck.

If you say so, chuck.

U.S. TV consumption: average viewing time 2009-2019, by ethnicity​

Published by
Julia Stoll
Julia Stoll

May 2, 2022

In 2019, TV consumption in the United States was highest among African Americans,who watched an average of 3.23 hours of TV each day. Meanwhile, Asian Americans spent around half that amount of time watching television each day.
www.statista.com

U.S. daily TV consumption by ethnicity 2019 | Statista

In 2019, TV consumption in the United States was highest among African Americans,who watched an average of 3.23 hours of TV each day.

Forum List

Back