Zone1 Are Blacks overproportionally represented in the media?

U.S. TV consumption: average viewing time 2009-2019, by ethnicity​

Published by
Julia Stoll
Julia Stoll

May 2, 2022

In 2019, TV consumption in the United States was highest among African Americans,who watched an average of 3.23 hours of TV each day. Meanwhile, Asian Americans spent around half that amount of time watching television each day.
www.statista.com

U.S. daily TV consumption by ethnicity 2019 | Statista

In 2019, TV consumption in the United States was highest among African Americans,who watched an average of 3.23 hours of TV each day.
So what? That means something to me........................................why?

How completely absurd can some people get with this silly obsession? Losing their shit because a hobbit, an elf, or a magic wizard isn't the "right" race? :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

The only nonwhite described characters in that world by Tolkien were the orcs. It is disrespectful to the material. What amazon is doing looks like a bad parody of lord of the ring's diversity for the sake of diversity is obtuse. It has to make sense even the legendary filmmaker Tim Burton slammed forced diversity and political correctness in 2016. Idiotic people are still calling him racist for expressing facts. The only reason the lord of the rings shows they made it diverse was that they believe Tolkien was some white supremacist nobody ever says fictional places like Wakanda needed more diversity. Woke people only pull that card on white-dominated IP. It is a double standard.

The only nonwhite described characters in that world by Tolkien were the orcs. It is disrespectful to the material. What amazon is doing looks like a bad parody of lord of the ring's diversity for the sake of diversity is obtuse. It has to make sense even the legendary filmmaker Tim Burton slammed forced diversity and political correctness in 2016. Idiotic people are still calling him racist for expressing facts. The only reason the lord of the rings shows they made it diverse was that they believe Tolkien was some white supremacist nobody ever says fictional places like Wakanda needed more diversity. Woke people only pull that card on white-dominated IP. It is a double standard.
:cuckoo:

Blacks are more likely to respond to advertising than whites, at this time. So, there is a rush to take advantage of black purchasing power, estimated to be north of a $Trillion each year.
OK, so let’s say that black people ARE more easy to manipulate into purchasing decisions than Whites. Just how far does the pro-black bias have to be into it looks completely ridiculous?

Sephora is especially racist with this. I bought two products recently - one a hair product, and one an item of makeup. At the hair product display, there were four posters of women - all black. At the makeup display, there were five posters of women - all black. So the population that makes up 14% of the population are represented 100%, and the population that makes up 65% of the population makes up 0% out of the nine posters.

The favoritism toward blacks and against Whites is so extreme it’s almost laughable. Except it’s not funny.

OK, so let’s say that black people ARE more easy to manipulate into purchasing decisions than Whites. Just how far does the pro-black bias have to be into it looks completely ridiculous?

Sephora is especially racist with this. I bought two products recently - one a hair product, and one an item of makeup. At the hair product display, there were four posters of women - all black. At the makeup display, there were five posters of women - all black. So the population that makes up 14% of the population are represented 100%, and the population that makes up 65% of the population makes up 0% out of the nine posters.

The favoritism toward blacks and against Whites is so extreme it’s almost laughable. Except it’s not funny.
It's a marketing strategy, nothing more. Blacks are also saving and investing which will ultimately build wealth. It's all good.

Ya know, in LOTR a couple of "white" :rolleyes: humans hooked up with elf chicks. I wonder if some of the nuts posting on this thread would cry "race traitor!" :lol:

Could there be anything more ridiculous than fretting over the "race" of fictional characters who aren't even supposed to be human?

How completely absurd can some people get with this silly obsession? Losing their shit because a hobbit, an elf, or a magic wizard isn't the "right" race? :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Ya know, in LOTR a couple of "white" :rolleyes: humans hooked up with elf chicks. I wonder if some of the nuts posting on this thread would cry "race traitor!" :lol:

:lmao:
The novels weren't colorized picture books. Most of the illustrations in them were maps. You gotta relax.

Who said anything was?
???

Could there be anything more ridiculous than fretting over the "race" of fictional characters who aren't even supposed to be human?
There you go again! I brought Tim up, and your response was cuckoo to everything I noted. He slammed forced diversity and political correctness in 2016. Tolkien described the characters as the only nonwhites in that world who were the orcs. Everyone picked up on it has been that way for nearly one hundred years. It makes no sense to the time set it in to have persons of color in the first age of England, but then again, we are living in a time where Denzel played an 11th-century Scottish king. They play around with white parts nobody, else you will never see Gerard Butler playing black panther because that would be stupid, but they do that?

Movies, Music Industry, Commercials, etc.? I think there are more Latino Americans then Black Americans, yet they do not have any representation. Im curious about the honest opinion of IM2 and ThomasSowellsFro

In the Hollywood movies, the face of a american or even medieval european knight or princess king or queen is often black. It was even in the 80s when I watched Rocky IV, actually the blonde Dolph Lundgren was the Anti-American Character and the Black American (mentor of Rocky) was the ALL AMERICAN character, I watched other similar movies, where whites are anti-american (german, russian etc.) and Blacks are American. I cannot name those movies now because Im bad at remembering movie titles and names, but yes i saw them. Nowadays in 2022 it is even much more even Scandinavian Gods and Godesses are Black.

But Blacks are only 13% of the population, the latinos are a larger segment of the population.

Sincere Opinions, and Im Pro Black and Anti-Racist fyi
Yes and they kill viewership.

Forum List

Back