Are all the military ships, planes and tanks going to run on batteries?

And what about the commercial planes, 18 wheelers, bulldozers and graders?

I think I read the dems want to run planes on algae oil. Or better yet they want to cancel airflights. Tesla has electric 18 wheelers. But don't know how practical they are.

If the dems put the cancel culture on fossil fuels what will we pave our roads with? Concrete is not practical for everything. That is why we have asphalt...which is crude oil based.

The dems don't seem to think things through...as in abolish the police.

If the filthy dems pulled the plug on fossil fuels overnight you would have a massive die off. We built our world on fossil fuels, pulling the plug on fossil fuels is disaster without fungible replacements.

View attachment 407502
They has already created electric powered !8 wheelers.

And remember, these Globalist are trying to close all mines because of greenhouse gases. But the material of these batteries for these electric vehicles comes from out of the ground.

What keeps the Uber type from working today is the cost of operation. The Petro version is just cost prohibitive. And yes, there were ones offered but no buyers. The advantage of the Electric is the operation costs will be low enabling metro city flights to suburban hubs where they can link up with trains and plains for a longer leg with no traffic jams.

It's coming.

FB_IMG_1603870597129.jpg

I think I read the dems want to run planes on algae oil. Or better yet they want to cancel airflights. Tesla has electric 18 wheelers. But don't know how practical they are.

If the dems put the cancel culture on fossil fuels what will we pave our roads with? Concrete is not practical for everything. That is why we have asphalt...which is crude oil based.

If the filthy dems pulled the plug on fossil fuels overnight you would have a massive die off. We built our world on fossil fuels, pulling the plug on fossil fuels is disaster without fungible replacements.

View attachment 407502
They're not kidding

Michèle A. Flournoy is managing partner of WestExec Advisors, a strategic advisory firm, and former Undersecretary of Defense in the Obama administration. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author. View more opinion on CNN.

View attachment 407502

Another reason to no vote for green shit, train wreck Biden.

View attachment 407502
Let’s hope our military isn’t all AAA in the near future. I fear for all the service personnel who’ll likely injure themselves opening those friggin’ Duracell packages!

Transitioning from fossil fuels doesn't mean that they're going away completely, just that there will be less dependency on them as other sources of energy take their place. Energy transition is a long-term trend, the choice now is whether our nation will be a leader or a follower?

Fossil fuel demand is widely expected to peak around the midcentury, but there is not a clear
consensus about when. Some forecasts project combined oil, gas, and coal consumption
to plateau by 2030, whereas others do not see a peak until after 2050.

View attachment 407502
I brought up these same questions on a thread maybe a week ago.
Expect crickets on the actually subject, and maybe some stupid responses about “Unlike you Dronald Drumpff supporters, we believe in science” or some dumb ass response like that.

View attachment 407502

View attachment 407502

They aren't putting the cabosh on Petro Products. Capitalism is. Right now, a barrel of crude, the can't even give away hence the 2 buck a gallon price. But let something happen that drives that price up, gas goes back up to 3 to 4 bucks and all of a sudden the alternatives are going to not only compete against gas and diesel (And JP) but kick it's rosy read ass. It's close now.

View attachment 407502
Batteries are getting better fast and many ships already run on electric motors. It is the future. Oil is a finite and very valuable commodity, it is nuts to burn it.
Oil is not finite. You clowns have been claiming we were going to run out of oilorthe last 40-50 years. We keep finding more, and old wells that were used up suddenly produce oil again years later.

when I was a little kid----my father fixed watches---
watches run on THE MAIN SPRING----a coil wound
tightly each day-------and left to unwind slowly supplying a day's worth of energy to make the watch hands move. I support the UNWIND method----which is also similar to RUBBER BAND energy---with which we are all familiar

They already have batteries to help them run-duh...
I think batteries will get better over time

there might even be a breakthrough someday that will astound everyone.

the problem is freaked out libs who will ruin the economy because they think the world is going to end unless we go on a crash fossel fuel diet like RIGHT NOW!
I don't know of anyone that thinks in those terms because nothing in industry just dies out overnight.

View attachment 407502
Batteries are getting better fast and many ships already run on electric motors. It is the future. Oil is a finite and very valuable commodity, it is nuts to burn it.
Oil is not finite. You clowns have been claiming we were going to run out of oilorthe last 40-50 years. We keep finding more, and old wells that were used up suddenly produce oil again years later.

One of the reasons we bought oil from overseas for so many years was to drain them and we would still have oil for the next 200 years. Guess what, the clock started.

View attachment 407502
Oil is finite. It takes millions of years to create so, unless you are very patient, the earth has as much oil in it as it will ever have.

On the other hand we will never run out of oil. What we will run out of is cheap oil. It costs the Saudis about 25 cents to produce a barrel of oil. The old wells suddenly produce oil again years later because the price of oil has gone up enough to make it profitable. The same is true for fracking. It can get us more oil so long as the price remains high. Basic economics says that eventually the price of a barrel will be so high that it will be replaced by a cheaper energy source. We will never run out of it but it will not be used as fuel.

View attachment 407502

One of the reasons we bought oil from overseas for so many years was to drain them and we would still have oil for the next 200 years. Guess what, the clock started.
The only reason we bought oil from overseas was because it was cheap. Cheaper than we could produce it ourselves.

View attachment 407502

Jet engines will never be battery powered...the physics are not possible.
We may be able to run
Short distance cargo trucks.
The range would be severely limited unless they are fuel cell.

Jo

View attachment 407502

The only reason we bought oil from overseas was because it was cheap. Cheaper than we could produce it ourselves.

Actually, no. Nixon was the last President to use the Strategic Reserve to maintain oil prices. When the Middle East or South of the Border got antsy, he just cracked the spigot. Like all Presidents before him. But in 1974, Nixon really wasn't in charge when the Middle East and South of the Border returned the Favor the other direction. Ford didn't have the balls.

View attachment 407502
There are groups of super smart folks thinking this stuff through right now. Several companies have large freight trucks either in development or already in production. I would imagine were quite aways away from electric passenger planes and the military will probably stick with oil until there is something with equivalent power to weight ratio and portability of supply. Nobody is talking about doing this in the next few days, the plan is the next few decades.

View attachment 407502
Oil is finite. It takes millions of years to create so, unless you are very patient, the earth has as much oil in it as it will ever have.

On the other hand we will never run out of oil. What we will run out of is cheap oil. It costs the Saudis about 25 cents to produce a barrel of oil. The old wells suddenly produce oil again years later because the price of oil has gone up enough to make it profitable. The same is true for fracking. It can get us more oil so long as the price remains high. Basic economics says that eventually the price of a barrel will be so high that it will be replaced by a cheaper energy source. We will never run out of it but it will not be used as fuel.

Not accurate...

Oil has been found by the Russians below 7 miles blowing the prior biomass theories out of the water. It may be a tectonic product....in fact the previously empty wells are refilling.

We will move into the next stage long before we see any real oil shortages.

View attachment 407502

Jet engines will never be battery powered...the physics are not possible.
We may be able to run
Short distance cargo trucks.
The range would be severely limited unless they are fuel cell.

Jo

Who said anything about Electric Jet Engines. In case you didn't know, Airliners have slow down from the DC-8 days. Now a 737 flies at about 580mph. to fly faster costs excess fuel and puts unnecessary strain on the air frame, engines and wings. And it only does it for a short time unless it's on an over the water flight. It gets about 10% of it's thrust from the Engine exhaust being a Turbofan. The rest is from the Ducted Fan.

Do you see where I am going here? At lower speeds, the Ducted Fan isn't as efficient as the Prop but at higher speeds it's more efficient but requires more power to operate. And it doesn't matter what the powerplant that is driving it. Remember, a Prop can hit over 500 mph if you give it enough juice without the blade tips going supersonic. It can break over 620 mph if you allow the blade tips to go supersonic but man the racket (the Thunder Streak). The Russian Bear also runs supersonic tips it's the loudest bird in the sky. And it's just below the B-52 in speed.

Now put the blades in a duct. They are much quieter and you can push more power to them. Hence, they should be able to run just under the 737 for speed. I would venture that they would be able to hit somewhere between 520 and 550 but do it much more economical. So you get there 15 minutes later. Remember, we are talking about Capitalists who are there to make money. And here you think they are there for you. Nope, they are there for the bottom line. And the bottom line is, when the new batteries come out by 2025, look for some mighty big changes.

But don't look for the run from LA to Melborne or the run from NY to Tokyo to go electric. Some things just won't change.

Forum List

Back