Arctic Temps 2°-6°C Warmer Than Today With 4.5 Fewer Months Of Sea Ice Coverage 2,000 Years Ago

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Warmists focus on a short time frame, usually 1979 onward to whine about low sea ice cover in the Arctic, which is why they look foolish when the REST of the Holocene gets brought up.

No Tricks Zone

Arctic Temps 2°-6°C Warmer Than Today With 4.5 Fewer Months Of Sea Ice Coverage 2,000 Years Ago

By Kenneth Richard on 26. April 2018

EXCERPT:

Arctic Sea Ice Extent Higher During 1954-2001
Than Almost Any Period In The Last 9,000 Years

During the Roman Warm Period ~2,000 years ago, sea levels were significantly higher than they are now. Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD, strongly implying that surface air temperatures were much warmer ~2,000 years ago compared to today.

LINK

That's nothing.

I looked in my back yard the other day and what did I see?

You guessed it, a melting stray ice burg

iceberg.jpg

Warmists focus on a short time frame, usually 1979 onward to whine about low sea ice cover in the Arctic, which is why they look foolish when the REST of the Holocene gets brought up.

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

During the Roman Warm Period ~2,000 years ago, sea levels were significantly higher than they are now. Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD, strongly implying that surface air temperatures were much warmer ~2,000 years ago compared to today.

LINK

Now that is about as dumb of a start to a paper as I have ever seen. Not going to waste my time reading trash like that. First, you don't give sea level anywhere as 'two miles down', you give it in vertical meters or feet. And you identify exactly where the measurements were taken. No Tricks Zone is a liars site, in any case.

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

Now that is about as dumb of a start to a paper as I have ever seen. Not going to waste my time reading trash like that. First, you don't give sea level anywhere as 'two miles down', you give it in vertical meters or feet. And you identify exactly where the measurements were taken. No Tricks Zone is a liars site, in any case.

Lol....problem is, for 10 years you reject EVERY source of information that doesn't concur with your established narrative. Plus, youre fucking with semantics....even half'-wits pick up on it.... sea levels were significantly lower...duh. If it was 2 meters, Sunset still pwns your response!!:113::bye1:

Anyway, let's face it....nobody is caring about the 2mm-3mm rise in sea level ( in cherry picked areas of the globe btw ). Please show us where people are caring! Folks are more concerned with the performance of Special Olympic athletes in the 3M jump.:2up:

Last edited:
Why does this forum never draw any new alarmist devotee regulars in here..... after 10 years!! The same 3 or 4 dinosaurs.

It's because people come in here and see the alarmist contingent getting their clock cleaned every day.... by the people who don't concur with the religion. Naturally most people are not jumping out of their shorts to be part of a public embarrassment. Skeptic sponsored threads have always dominated this forum when you look at activity. Nobody follows the alarmist sponsored threads.....again..... most people don't like looking stupid.

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

Just discovered your embarrassing post, where you made no actual rebuttal on anything, which you made a foot in the mouth statement.

If you bothered to look at the links at the No Tricks site you hilariously trashed, you would find this:

Dig uncovers Roman invasion coast

"An archaeological dig at a Kent fort has uncovered the coastline at the time of the Roman invasion of Britain in 43AD - two miles from today's shore."

bolding mine

That was from the BBC website

You look foolish here.

Old Rocks writes,

"Now that is about as dumb of a start to a paper as I have ever seen. Not going to waste my time reading trash like that. First, you don't give sea level anywhere as 'two miles down', you give it in vertical meters or feet. And you identify exactly where the measurements were taken."

This statement below was written by Kenneth Richards, NOT from any science paper:

"During the Roman Warm Period ~2,000 years ago, sea levels were significantly higher than they are now. Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD, strongly implying that surface air temperatures were much warmer ~2,000 years ago compared to today."

He then go to the BBC link to back his statement up.

“An archaeological dig at a Kent fort has uncovered the coastline at the time of the Roman invasion of Britain in 43AD – two miles from today’s shore.”

Kenneth wrote it correctly,

"Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD"

bolding mine

You are a poor reader...........

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK
Lordy, lordy, less credibility than the Weekly Globe. LOL Come on, how about some credible articles from peer reviewed journals?

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK
Lordy, lordy, less credibility than the Weekly Globe. LOL Come on, how about some credible articles from peer reviewed journals?

Is logical fallacy all you can manage? Do you have any actual science to refute the claim or not? The answer is not...sour grapes, and logical fallacy is hardly a rational debating tactic.

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

Shocking. Only papers they fit your theory get peer reviewed.

Sounds like a cult

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

Yet the coastline was still 2 MILES further than today.

Sucks to be a moobat

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

The BBC REPORTED on an Archeological excavation, which you never read.

You are again a proven poor reader.

I'm certain Trump will fix it. If he nukes Iran, we might get a little warm up, but the glass we will be able to mine will make up for it all when it starts cooling. If he does not hit them, then it's all worry for nothing and the cooler weather will be here soon enough so it doesn't matter much.

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK
Howl at the Moon over a week of hot weather in Pakistan as if it somehow PROVES your failed "Theory", but you write off a 2 mile differential in the coastline and corresponding change in sea level because you don't like a particular word.

That's not science, that's a Fundamentalist Cult

Old Rocks writes,

"Now that is about as dumb of a start to a paper as I have ever seen. Not going to waste my time reading trash like that. First, you don't give sea level anywhere as 'two miles down', you give it in vertical meters or feet. And you identify exactly where the measurements were taken."

This statement below was written by Kenneth Richards, NOT from any science paper:

"During the Roman Warm Period ~2,000 years ago, sea levels were significantly higher than they are now. Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD, strongly implying that surface air temperatures were much warmer ~2,000 years ago compared to today."

“An archaeological dig at a Kent fort has uncovered the coastline at the time of the Roman invasion of Britain in 43AD – two miles from today’s shore.”

"Modern coastlines are 2 miles down from where they were during the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD"

bolding mine

If you think an observation like that, in one location with no mention of subsidence or uplift, has some significance on a global scale, it is you that is poor and in multiple regards.

Old Rocks writes,

bolding mine

If you think an observation like that, in one location with no mention of subsidence or uplift, has some significance on a global scale, it is you that is poor and in multiple regards.

So you think sea levels were lower during the Holocene Optimum, the Minoan warm period, the Roman warm period and the Medieval warm period? Got any evidence to support that? There is plenty of evidence that there was considerably less ice during those periods...where do you suppose the water was if not on what is now dry land?

No Tricks Zone

EXCERPT:

LINK

Is logical fallacy all you can manage? Do you have any actual science to refute the claim or not? The answer is not...sour grapes, and logical fallacy is hardly a rational debating tactic.
The answer is that I want real information, not crap someone spews. I suppose you believe all the crap about aliens building the pyramids and other megalithic structures on this planet because you can't think of another way that they could have been built. Yes, there was a warmer period 8000 years ago, and the have been localized warmer periods since then. But I have seen no papers that show that on a global scale, that there was a warming like we are seeing globally right now in the last 6000 years. Not on the scale, or in the short time period.

The answer is that I want real information, not crap someone spews. I suppose you believe all the crap about aliens building the pyramids and other megalithic structures on this planet because you can't think of another way that they could have been built. Yes, there was a warmer period 8000 years ago, and the have been localized warmer periods since then. But I have seen no papers that show that on a global scale, that there was a warming like we are seeing globally right now in the last 6000 years. Not on the scale, or in the short time period.

So the answer is no...you can not provide any actual evidence to support your belief..you just don't like the source. Like I said...logical fallacy seems to be all you guys have.

Suggesting that a measurement from one location can be construed to be global is a logical fallacy of the first order. You fail.

Old Rocks writes,

bolding mine

Gee you are a poor reader too since I NEVER said anything about it being a representative evidence of a world sea level. It was about a LOCAL change that is quite dramatic. It was a simple report, which can be found in more detail HERE showing the map of the area and that the CHANNEL silted up, which is a major cause on why the ancient coastline vanished.

Forum List

Back