‘Arctic April’ is Breaking Hundreds Of Cold Records in America

Well thank Gaia, we're not getting weekly headlines on the GMASTemperature any more.. WHY do you think that is???

I don't know what the cult lingo you're using there means, so I can't answer. I do know that NASA GISS showed April 2020 as being the hottest April in the historical record. Other agencies show that as well.

Interestingly enough, I've been following the Tennessee "heat islands" since the shutdown.. The diff between city cores and 3 or 4 miles out was getting higher by the year... It was starting to "alarm" me a bit...

That makes no sense from a physical science basis. The city cores have been totally built out for a long time. The heat island effect there is maxxed-out. More suburban sprawl will have no effect on temps of the city core. Any changing heat island effects are on the edge of the sprawl, not the middle of it.

You do know that the stations show more warming in the rural areas than in the cities, right? That simple fact kind of kills your conspiracy theory there.

BUT -- since the worldwide Covid shutdown started, the ENTIRE N. Hemi took it's BIGGEST DIVE in the past two months in the history of sat thermal recording.. About 0.6DegC..,.. During that same period -- the ARCTIC "anomaly" -- almost went to zero...

As is so often the case, your claims are the exact opposite of reality.

amaps.png

While the heat island effect in 3 largest Tenn Cities declined by ALMOST 2DegC... Really deserves some research --- YA THINK????

Knowledgable people are well aware of how the urban station temps get adjusted down to compensate for that. That would be why the rural areas show more warming than the urban areas.

WhereTF fuck you find your "LOTI" graph? And HOW does this fraud calculate an "anomaly"? Because the SAT DATA says the Arctic has been ALMOST EVEN to the entire sat era "average" for the past two months..,.

We have a failure to use heads here...

....,. And WHYTFUCK does your anonomous "LOTI" color smear calculate ITS Anomaly on ONLY the years ---- 1951 to 1980??

You pulling another hair ball spitting contest here? Or just grab the SCARIEST looking charts you can find???>?

Mamooth writes at post 71 this idiotic statement:

"According to your "High pressure creates high temperature!" theory, my fire extinguisher should be very hot. It's not. Thus, your theory is disproved. High pressure does not cause high temperature."

The material in the container isn't getting a constant inflow of energy, secondly it comes out cool since it is under monotonic pressure. The instructions on them states, KEEP IN A COOL PLACE. I know since I used to handle them on the job, even collected the empty ones for the Fire department one year.

Your ignorance is vast........

Venus is getting a constant flow of energy from the SUN 24/7 (that yellowish very hot ball in the sky, that is slightly hotter than Venus, and your stupid Fire Extinguisher), which is also closer to the sun than Earth, the dense atmosphere actually prevents very little solar radiation from reaching the surface as well explained in POST 65 you mostly ignored:

"The first problem is that the surface of Venus receives no direct sunshine. The Venusian atmosphere is full of dense, high clouds “30–40 km thick with bases at 30–35 km altitude.” The way a greenhouse effect works is by shortwave radiation warming the ground, and greenhouse gases impeding the return of long wave radiation to space. Since there is very little sunshine reaching below 30km on Venus, it does not warm the surface much. This is further evidenced by the fact that there is almost no difference in temperature on Venus between day and night. It is just as hot during their very long (1400 hours) nights, so the 485C temperatures can not be due to solar heating and a resultant greenhouse effect. The days on Venus are dim and the nights are pitch black.

The next problem is that the albedo of Venus is very high, due to the 100% cloud cover. At least 65% of the sunshine received by Venus is immediately reflected back into space. Even the upper atmosphere doesn’t receive a lot of sunshine. The top of Venus’ atmosphere receives 1.9 times as much solar radiation as earth, but the albedo is more than double earth’s – so the net effect is that Venus’ upper atmosphere receives a lower TSI than earth.

The third problem is that Venus has almost no water vapor in the atmosphere. The concentration of water vapor is about one thousand times greater on earth."

Lubos Motl chimed in with some corrections, but essentially agree with Tony Heller."

bolding mine

=====

Dr Motl improved on Heller's explanation, by cleaning up some of the technical terms, I know you will NEVER read it despite that he is well qualified on this topic, because you are a closeminded idiot.

Last edited:
Well thank Gaia, we're not getting weekly headlines on the GMASTemperature any more.. WHY do you think that is???

I don't know what the cult lingo you're using there means, so I can't answer. I do know that NASA GISS showed April 2020 as being the hottest April in the historical record. Other agencies show that as well.

Interestingly enough, I've been following the Tennessee "heat islands" since the shutdown.. The diff between city cores and 3 or 4 miles out was getting higher by the year... It was starting to "alarm" me a bit...

That makes no sense from a physical science basis. The city cores have been totally built out for a long time. The heat island effect there is maxxed-out. More suburban sprawl will have no effect on temps of the city core. Any changing heat island effects are on the edge of the sprawl, not the middle of it.

You do know that the stations show more warming in the rural areas than in the cities, right? That simple fact kind of kills your conspiracy theory there.

BUT -- since the worldwide Covid shutdown started, the ENTIRE N. Hemi took it's BIGGEST DIVE in the past two months in the history of sat thermal recording.. About 0.6DegC..,.. During that same period -- the ARCTIC "anomaly" -- almost went to zero...

amaps.png

While the heat island effect in 3 largest Tenn Cities declined by ALMOST 2DegC... Really deserves some research --- YA THINK????

Knowledgable people are well aware of how the urban station temps get adjusted down to compensate for that. That would be why the rural areas show more warming than the urban areas.

WhereTF fuck you find your "LOTI" graph? And HOW does this fraud calculate an "anomaly"? Because the SAT DATA says the Arctic has been ALMOST EVEN to the entire sat era "average" for the past two months..,.

PISS uses the 1200 kilometer data (made up) infilling method, where they use the very few temperature data points surrounding the region to create a modeled infilling of the region not under any temperature stations coverage.

That is why it is garbage.

amaps.png

PISS uses the 1200 kilometer data (made up) infilling method, where they use the very few temperature data points surrounding the region to create a modeled infilling of the region not under any temperature stations coverage.

That's the "reanalysis" part.. It's MODELED using that sparse grid to SEED the model run and infilling is taken from a PROJECTION of what the temperatures "should be" based on weather parameters a day or several days into the future.. Than "rinse and repeat"...

Or maybe it's just sea surface part of the GISS data that actually comes from NOAA uses this..

Same reason the that the infamous "Climate Reanalyzer" never is the TRUE picture of Arctic ACTUAL temperatures.

Arctic temp anomalies are just a Warmer's dream for screaming press headlines every few months..

Here's the Sat data from RSS/UAH... Arctic is the 2nd to last column.. Columns start out with Global, N. Hemi...

2019 11 +0.55 +0.56 +0.54 +0.55 +0.21 +0.56 +0.38
2019 12 +0.56 +0.61 +0.50 +0.58 +0.92 +0.66 +0.94
2020 01 +0.57 +0.60 +0.53 +0.62 +0.73 +0.12 +0.66
2020 02 +0.76 +0.96 +0.55 +0.76 +0.38 +0.02 +0.30
2020 03 +0.48 +0.61 +0.34 +0.63 +1.09 -0.72 +0.17
2020 04 +0.38 +0.43 +0.34 +0.45 -0.59 +1.03 +0.97

Note Nov/Dec = ~ 0,6.. Then you go to NEAR ZERO anomaly in Jan/Feb.. March is a NEGATIVE anomaly of -0,72... AND APRIL RISE a FULL 1.70 DegC to 1.03...

There will ALWAYS be screaming headlines to be made.. The noise is deafening..

amaps.png

That's the "reanalysis" part.. It's MODELED using that sparse grid to SEED the model run and infilling is taken from a PROJECTION of what the temperatures "should be" based on weather parameters a day or several days into the future.. Than "rinse and repeat"...

Or maybe it's just sea surface part of the GISS data that actually comes from NOAA uses this..

Same reason the that the infamous "Climate Reanalyzer" never is the TRUE picture of Arctic ACTUAL temperatures.

I was referring to this old article, that shows Hansen's 1200 kilometers infilling nonsense.

GISScapades

Guest post by Willis Eschenbach

March 25, 2010

Excerpt:

Inspired by this thread on the lack of data in the Arctic Ocean, I looked into how GISS creates data when there is no data.

GISS is the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, a part of NASA. The Director of GISS is Dr. James Hansen. Dr. Hansen is an impartial scientist who thinks people who don’t believe in his apocalyptic visions of the future should be put on trial for “high crimes against humanity”. GISS produces a surface temperature record called GISTEMP. Here is their record of the temperature anomaly for Dec-Jan-Feb 2010 :

Figure 1. GISS temperature anomalies DJF 2010. Grey areas are where there is no temperature data.

Now, what’s wrong with this picture?

The oddity about the picture is that we are given temperature data where none exists. We have very little temperature data for the Arctic Ocean, for example. Yet the GISS map shows radical heating in the Arctic Ocean. How do they do that?

The procedure is one that is laid out in a 1987 paper by Hansen and Lebedeff In that paper, they note that annual temperature changes are well correlated over a large distance, out to 1200 kilometres (~750 miles).

LINK

bolding mine

I was referring to this old article, that shows Hansen's 1200 kilometers infilling nonsense.

That's a well-known Eschenbach fraud. Willis lied about what the image was showing. There are lots of weather stations in the gray areas. The map Willis used was one showing where weather stations had a 50-year unbroken running history, or something like that.

WhereTF fuck you find your "LOTI" graph?

The NASA GISS site. You could have just looked at the image info to see that.

And HOW does this fraud calculate an "anomaly"?

Using these amazing devices called "thermometers", which you seem to think are a conspiracy.

Because the SAT DATA says the Arctic has been ALMOST EVEN to the entire sat era "average" for the past two months..,.

Thermometers on the surface gives one result, a massively tweaked and fudged satellite model gives another, so you believe the ModelOfFudgyGoodness. That makes perfect sense, if you're just out to confirm you preconceived conclusions.

....,. And WHYTFUCK does your anonomous "LOTI" color smear calculate ITS Anomaly on ONLY the years ---- 1951 to 1980??

And now you're declaring the concept of a baseline is a conspiracy. You sound like you've lost your mind.

You pulling another hair ball spitting contest here? Or just grab the SCARIEST looking charts you can find???>?

I'm presenting unbiased data in a neutral way, and you're throwing tantrums in response. If reality triggers you that badly, that's entirely your problem.

I live in the eastern mid-Atlantic and it is so global warmed around here, Tommy, that on my front driveway wall, facing north in the shadow of my house and with a big locust tree to its west that the entire top of the wall is now covered in thick, green moss from all the cold and rain!

What you say is idiotic - and you know this.
What's that? You calling me a liar? That my wall ISN'T covered in moss? You think I made that up, Fuckalewa?

Take a look at the planet Venus for example, then you are able to see what a greenhouse effect is able to do. Hear what the people say all over the world - since about 60 years - then you will hear what happens all around because of the climate change. Compare for example prognosis' with the real effects in the last decades. If something is able to have extremely drastic effects - and if the same time the possibility of this something is not going direction 0 - but the other way - then this problem forces attention, reflection and solutions - and not an endless senseless jabber.

The Arctic is ice free, right?

GISS is BEYOND "jumping the shark" now..

Got it. Reality keep contradicting your religious beliefs, so reality has to be a conspiracy.

What my thermo says is that compressing a gas generates heat. That's very different from the claim that static high pressure generates heat.

You're thermo sucks.. Where does that "heat go" when it's EASILY CONDUCTED out of the tank?

Um, out of the tank? What does that have to do with anything? And why are you defending the physics-defying claim that static pressure creates heat?

A light bulb gets hot. It doesn't instantly conduct all heat away. Likewise, if a gas at a static high pressure was generating heat, the container would be warmer. My fire extinguisher is not warmer than its surroundings, so the theory you're defending is nonsense.

The material in the container isn't getting a constant inflow of energy,

So you seem to be saying the high pressure on Venus is irrelevant. I mean, you've provided no demonstration of any kind that high pressure is producing heat. Instead, you're only bringing up energy inflow.

secondly it comes out cool since it is under monotonic pressure.

Good god no. It comes out cool because it expands as it comes out. You're hilariously ignorant of the most basic thermodynamics.

The instructions on them states, KEEP IN A COOL PLACE.

Which is because heat would increase pressure inside, possibly rupturing the valve. PV=nRT. And that does not say that static pressure creates heat.

Venus is getting a constant flow of energy from the SUN 24/7

Thus, the greenhouse effect.

"The first problem is that the surface of Venus receives no direct sunshine.

Again, incorrect, which has been known since 1970.

There's that greenhouse effect again. Notice how cloudy nights on earth don't cool down much? Now make those clouds massively thicker, and the heat is seriously trapped.

It is just as hot during their very long (1400 hours) nights, so the 485C temperatures can not be due to solar heating and a resultant greenhouse effect.

That conclusion in no way follows from the premises. It is just a wild assertion, completely unsupported.

The next problem is that the albedo of Venus is very high, due to the 100% cloud cover.

It's not a problem for the greenhouse theory. If it's a problem for your strange theory, too bad.

so the net effect is that Venus’ upper atmosphere receives a lower TSI than earth.

Yep. It's a very strong greenhouse effect. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

The third problem is that Venus has almost no water vapor in the atmosphere. The concentration of water vapor is about one thousand times greater on earth."

It has plenty of sulfuric acid, and that works just as well to plug the spectral windows.

And they both pooched it by assuming CO2 was the only greenhouse gas present.

Dr Motl improved on Heller's explanation, by cleaning up some of the technical terms, I know you will NEVER read it despite that he is well qualified on this topic, because you are a closeminded idiot.

As I addressed that directly, clearly you're a really bad and a really pissy liar. If you can't address what I say, just say so. You're not fooling anyone by lying outright about what I said.

I live in the eastern mid-Atlantic and it is so global warmed around here, Tommy, that on my front driveway wall, facing north in the shadow of my house and with a big locust tree to its west that the entire top of the wall is now covered in thick, green moss from all the cold and rain!

What's that? You calling me a liar? That my wall ISN'T covered in moss? You think I made that up, Fuckalewa?

Take a look at the planet Venus for example, then you are able to see what a greenhouse effect is able to do. Hear what the people say all over the world - since about 60 years - then you will hear what happens all around because of the climate change. Compare for example prognosis' with the real effects in the last decades. If something is able to have extremely drastic effects - and if the same time the possibility of this something is not going direction 0 - but the other way - then this problem forces attention, reflection and solutions - and not an endless senseless jabber.

If you like to say something to me, say it, but better it is you let it be. I'm tired about all the stupid nonsense human beings do and say all over the world.

Last edited:

If you like to say something to me say it, but better it is you let it be. I'm tired about all the stupid nonsense human beings do and say all over the world.
Your AGW predictions are as bad as Fauci or Krugmans.

Oh, how does atmospheric CO2 warm the deep ocean?

If you like to say something to me, say it, but better it is you let it be. I'm tired about all the stupid nonsense human beings do and say all over the world.

Great music that I've never heard before

Thank you for that

If you like to say something to me say it, but better it is you let it be. I'm tired about all the stupid nonsense human beings do and say all over the world.
Your AGW predictions are as bad as Fauci or Krugmans.

Oh, how does atmospheric CO2 warm the deep ocean?

Warmth flows.

Great music that I've never heard before

Thank you for that

There are lots of things you never heard - specially this what others said and say to you. I'm astonished that this song speaks in you. For to listen not many people take their time any longer.

CAREFUL, Frank, I think Zakgawagea is threatening to bring all his friends in from Venus to kick your ass! :omg:

I used the Venus for an example of the calculation of risks. This calculation is important for rational human beings. If the probability of a threat is very high (in case of the climate change we know that a man made climate change exists) or the dangers are very high (therefore I said: Take a look at the Venus to see what a greenhouse effect is able to do) then this forces a rational human being to do something to minimize the problems in this context. And to do something means not to trivialize problems by closing the own eyes and to hope the problems will not see oneselve.

More banal: Love and rationality force everyone to do something against the climate change. Who is so free to ignore this force will have to live with the results. All others too. Who fights not against the climate change lets the climate change win.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back