‘Arctic April’ is Breaking Hundreds Of Cold Records in America

I live in the eastern mid-Atlantic and it is so global warmed around here, Tommy, that on my front driveway wall, facing north in the shadow of my house and with a big locust tree to its west that the entire top of the wall is now covered in thick, green moss from all the cold and rain!

What you say is idiotic - and you know this.
What's that? You calling me a liar? That my wall ISN'T covered in moss? You think I made that up, Fuckalewa?

Take a look at the planet Venus for example, then you are able to see what a greenhouse effect is able to do. Hear what the people say all over the world - since about 60 years - then you will hear what happens all around because of the climate change. Compare for example prognosis' with the real effects in the last decades. If something is able to have extremely drastic effects - and if the same time the possibility of this something is not going direction 0 - but the other way - then this problem forces attention, reflection and solutions - and not an endless senseless jabber.

And breaking lots of heat records in the Arctic. The stable ring of separation between a cold North and a warm South is ... how to say this? Looks like we lose a climate wheel, while we drive much too fast. The wheel wobbles. The situation becomes more and more chaotic and more and more dangerous - on a time scale which is not made for a individual human experience. By the way: All natural scientists worldwide say the man made climate change is real and the consequences will be more and more drastic.

I see that you are here to talk down to people, because you think like a bigoted cultist.

Your consensus statement is worthless, doesn't meet the Scientific Method.

The article was only showing that Cold waves still exist, that was all.

This cold waves and other weather extremes show very well that the predictions in context "climate change" have to be taken serios.

What in the hell are you saying?

I live in the eastern mid-Atlantic and it is so global warmed around here, Tommy, that on my front driveway wall, facing north in the shadow of my house and with a big locust tree to its west that the entire top of the wall is now covered in thick, green moss from all the cold and rain!

What's that? You calling me a liar? That my wall ISN'T covered in moss? You think I made that up, Fuckalewa?

Take a look at the planet Venus for example, then you are able to see what a greenhouse effect is able to do. Hear what the people say all over the world - since about 60 years - then you will hear what happens all around because of the climate change. Compare for example prognosis' with the real effects in the last decades. If something is able to have extremely drastic effects - and if the same time the possibility of this something is not going direction 0 - but the other way - then this problem forces attention, reflection and solutions - and not an endless senseless jabber.

Venus is hot largely to a very dense atmosphere, Mars is very cold despite having an atmosphere with 95.32% CO2 in it.

The fast food mentality of US-Americans nervs. Compare gravity, pressure and distance from the sun. And the CO2 on Mars freezes partially out. And when I spoke about the Venus then on reason to show how extreme a greenhouse effect is able to be. This is important for the risk evaluation.

And breaking lots of heat records in the Arctic. The stable ring of separation between a cold North and a warm South is ... how to say this? Looks like we lose a climate wheel, while we drive much too fast. The wheel wobbles. The situation becomes more and more chaotic and more and more dangerous - on a time scale which is not made for a individual human experience. By the way: All natural scientists worldwide say the man made climate change is real and the consequences will be more and more drastic.

From the very first words in post one:

From the fastest warming place on Earth is a nice Arctic blast, despite that such cold isn't supposed to do that anymore due to superman CO2 awesome anti cold powers. The trace gas unfortunately can't keep up with muscular Jack Frost continuing defiance to stop spoiling the coming Utopia plans of the Green lobby.

My sarcasm didn't help you...... obviously!

CO2 is a trace gas with a trace IR absorption range, have a very small energy footprint.

You don't have to be the usual ignorant CO2 sniffing loser, you could try being smart and rational instead....., but that requires honesty and rational thinking.
no comment

I see that you are here to talk down to people, because you think like a bigoted cultist.

This cold waves and other weather extremes show very well that the predictions in context "climate change" have to be taken serios.

no comment

Venus is hot largely to a very dense atmosphere, Mars is very cold despite having an atmosphere with 95.32% CO2 in it.

The fast food mentality of US-Americans nervs. Compare gravity, pressure and distance from the sun. And the CO2 on Mars freezes partially out. And when I spoke about the Venus then on reason to show how extreme a greenhouse effect is able to be. This is important for the risk evaluation.

YOU claimed Venus was hot due to a "greenhouse effect", which you didn't support with evidence. I pointed out what is well known is that Venus dense pressure is the main cause of high temperature.

From HERE is this old explanation

"The first problem is that the surface of Venus receives no direct sunshine. The Venusian atmosphere is full of dense, high clouds “30–40 km thick with bases at 30–35 km altitude.” The way a greenhouse effect works is by shortwave radiation warming the ground, and greenhouse gases impeding the return of long wave radiation to space. Since there is very little sunshine reaching below 30km on Venus, it does not warm the surface much. This is further evidenced by the fact that there is almost no difference in temperature on Venus between day and night. It is just as hot during their very long (1400 hours) nights, so the 485C temperatures can not be due to solar heating and a resultant greenhouse effect. The days on Venus are dim and the nights are pitch black.

The next problem is that the albedo of Venus is very high, due to the 100% cloud cover. At least 65% of the sunshine received by Venus is immediately reflected back into space. Even the upper atmosphere doesn’t receive a lot of sunshine. The top of Venus’ atmosphere receives 1.9 times as much solar radiation as earth, but the albedo is more than double earth’s – so the net effect is that Venus’ upper atmosphere receives a lower TSI than earth.

The third problem is that Venus has almost no water vapor in the atmosphere. The concentration of water vapor is about one thousand times greater on earth."

Lubos Motl chimed in with some corrections, but essentially agree with Tony Heller

Mars is cold due to a thin atmosphere, that is why despite CO2 being dominant there, "back radiation" is non existent.

Last edited:

no comment

You can't elaborate on your confused statement, thank you....

no comment

You can't elaborate on your confused statement, thank you....

no comment

YOU claimed Venus was hot due to a "greenhouse effect", which you didn't support with evidence. I pointed out what is well known is that Venus dense pressure is the main cause of high temperature.

"The first problem is that the surface of Venus receives no direct sunshine. The Venusian atmosphere is full of dense, high clouds “30–40 km thick with bases at 30–35 km altitude.” The way a greenhouse effect works is by shortwave radiation warming the ground, and greenhouse gases impeding the return of long wave radiation to space. Since there is very little sunshine reaching below 30km on Venus, it does not warm the surface much. This is further evidenced by the fact that there is almost no difference in temperature on Venus between day and night. It is just as hot during their very long (1400 hours) nights, so the 485C temperatures can not be due to solar heating and a resultant greenhouse effect. The days on Venus are dim and the nights are pitch black.

The next problem is that the albedo of Venus is very high, due to the 100% cloud cover. At least 65% of the sunshine received by Venus is immediately reflected back into space. Even the upper atmosphere doesn’t receive a lot of sunshine. The top of Venus’ atmosphere receives 1.9 times as much solar radiation as earth, but the albedo is more than double earth’s – so the net effect is that Venus’ upper atmosphere receives a lower TSI than earth.

The third problem is that Venus has almost no water vapor in the atmosphere. The concentration of water vapor is about one thousand times greater on earth."

Lubos Motl chimed in with some corrections, but essentially agree with Tony Heller

Mars is cold due to a thin atmosphere, that is why despite CO2 being dominant there, "back radiation" is non existent.

I did not speak about Mars. thaqtsö nisnesn i thsi context. I spoke about to take a look at the Venus and to see what a drastic effect of greenhosue gas is able to do. The effect and the probability of such an event are a criterion of a solid risk evaluation. Ask independent qualified actuaries in case you have a problem with my statement.

Fine, except that cold waves and weather extremes are the NORM that go back as far in recorded history as we can look, long before it could be hung like a guilt rap on industrialized mankind or cow farts.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ OH YEAH, HE'S BAKED

According to your "High pressure creates high temperature!" theory, my fire extinguisher should be very hot. It's not. Thus, your theory is disproved. High pressure does not cause high temperature.

"The first problem is that the surface of Venus receives no direct sunshine.

Flat out wrong, same as everything you believe. Plenty of sun reaches the Venusian surface. That would be why the Soviet Venera landers were able to beam back pictures of the surface after they landed. You're using info that been known to be wrong since 1970. Your science here is 50 years out of date. For you, that's actually pretty good.

You've posted nothing refuting the fact that Venus is so hot because of the greenhouse effect.

The black body temperature of Venus would be around 55C.

The actual temperature of Venus is around 460C.

The greenhouse effect explains that perfectly. Your theory doesn't.

He pooched it, mainly because he assumed that CO2 was the only greenhouse gas on Venus. It's not. Those Venusian clouds are water vapor and sulfuric acid, and basically the whole longwave IR spectrum is blocked.

And again,

April 2020 (+1.16C) was the hottest April in the historical record, going back to 1880. The previous record was April 2016 at +1.12C.

That kills Tommy's "NO NEW RECORDS WERE BROKEN SINCE 2016, THEREFORE THE WORLD IS UNDERGOING GLOBAL COOLING!" nonsense.

All the rational people knew this would happen. Eventually, new temperature records would be broken. We knew we only had to wait. We were right. Again. Yes, we're used to it.

Fortunately for Tommy, he'll always be able to use the same tactics. After all, in 2016, we correctly predicted that deniers would be using the tactics Tommy is using now. If in 2022, we see that 2020 set a new record and 2021 didn't, Tommy will scream "SEE! THERE'S BEEN GLOBAL COOLING SINCE 2020!".

Fine, except that cold waves and weather extremes are the NORM that go back as far in recorded history as we can look, long before it could be hung like a guilt rap on industrialized mankind or cow farts.

... "guilt rap on industrialized mankind or cow farts" ... aha ... Are all US-Americans idiots? ... What for heavens sake do you learn in kindergartens, schools and universities? How to avoid to speak with each other? ...

Last edited:
Ah, more of those denier "I SAW A SNOWFLAKE, SO GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!" rants. Needless to say, they were silent during the preceding record warm spell. If it weren't for double standards, the deniers would have no standards at all.

The normal people were silent too. That's because we on the rational side aren't dumb enough or dishonest enough to go screaming "MY BACKYARD WAS WARM TODAY, SO GLOBAL WARMING IS PROVED!".

The two sides are totally different in that regard. Only the denier side relies on "LOCAL WEATHER IS GLOBAL CLIMATE!" fallacies.

Well thank Gaia, we're not getting weekly headlines on the GMASTemperature any more.. WHY do you think that is???

Interestingly enough, I've been following the Tennessee "heat islands" since the shutdown.. The diff between city cores and 3 or 4 miles out was getting higher by the year... It was starting to "alarm" me a bit...

BUT -- since the worldwide Covid shutdown started, the ENTIRE N. Hemi took it's BIGGEST DIVE in the past two months in the history of sat thermal recording.. About 0.6DegC..,.. During that same period -- the ARCTIC "anomaly" -- almost went to zero...

While the heat island effect in 3 largest Tenn Cities declined by ALMOST 2DegC... Really deserves some research --- YA THINK????

Science is NOT settled....

According to your "High pressure creates high temperature!" theory, my fire extinguisher should be very hot. It's not. Thus, your theory is disproved. High pressure does not cause high temperature.

According to my books on THERMO -- you're daft to make that comparison.. You ever tossed your "closed system at thermal AND pressure equilibrium" into the BBQ???

According to my books on THERMO -- you're daft to make that comparison..

So why isn't my fire extinguisher generating heat as it sits there under high pressure?

You ever tossed your "closed system at thermal AND pressure equilibrium" into the BBQ???

What's PV=nRT got to with the weird claim that high pressure alone generates heat?

What my thermo says is that compressing a gas generates heat. That's very different from the claim that static high pressure generates heat.

Now, if someone wants to claim an atmosphere is expanding and contracting and generating heat that way, that's not as insane, but they will have to back up the claim with some evidence.

So why isn't my fire extinguisher generating heat as it sits there under high pressure?

It heated up while we were pressurizing it ... then we let it sit a couple days and now it's room temperature ... see now when we discharge it, it gets icy cold ...

What's PV=nRT got to with the weird claim that high pressure alone generates heat?

For increasing pressure, and constant volume ... either mass must increase and/or temperature must increase ... typically both ...

Now, if someone wants to claim an atmosphere is expanding and contracting and generating heat that way, that's not as insane, but they will have to back up the claim with some evidence.

Close but opposite ... for the cause of heat generation does the atmosphere "expand and contract" ... such as condensing water vapor ... see how hurricanes expand and speed up as she entrains moist air ...

Well thank Gaia, we're not getting weekly headlines on the GMASTemperature any more.. WHY do you think that is???

I don't know what the cult lingo you're using there means, so I can't answer. I do know that NASA GISS showed April 2020 as being the hottest April in the historical record. Other agencies show that as well.

Interestingly enough, I've been following the Tennessee "heat islands" since the shutdown.. The diff between city cores and 3 or 4 miles out was getting higher by the year... It was starting to "alarm" me a bit...

That makes no sense from a physical science basis. The city cores have been totally built out for a long time. The heat island effect there is maxxed-out. More suburban sprawl will have no effect on temps of the city core. Any changing heat island effects are on the edge of the sprawl, not the middle of it.

You do know that the stations show more warming in the rural areas than in the cities, right? That simple fact kind of kills your conspiracy theory there.

BUT -- since the worldwide Covid shutdown started, the ENTIRE N. Hemi took it's BIGGEST DIVE in the past two months in the history of sat thermal recording.. About 0.6DegC..,.. During that same period -- the ARCTIC "anomaly" -- almost went to zero...

As is so often the case, your claims are the exact opposite of reality.

amaps.png

While the heat island effect in 3 largest Tenn Cities declined by ALMOST 2DegC... Really deserves some research --- YA THINK????

Knowledgable people are well aware of how the urban station temps get adjusted down to compensate for that. That would be why the rural areas show more warming than the urban areas.

I don't know what the cult lingo you're using there means, so I can't answer. I do know that NASA GISS showed April 2020 as being the hottest April in the historical record. Other agencies show that as well.

GISS is BEYOND "jumping the shark" now.. It's totally irrelevant.. Any database that DAILY fucks with historical data and passes off "reanalysis" as ACTUAL measurement is as useful as the 2019-2020 CDC "flu stats"...

What my thermo says is that compressing a gas generates heat. That's very different from the claim that static high pressure generates heat.

You're thermo sucks.. Where does that "heat go" when it's EASILY CONDUCTED out of the tank?

Forum List

Back