Archaeologists find 3,100-year-old pottery bearing the name of biblical judge

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Israel is an archeologists playground. Ignored for thousands of years it’s filled with artifacts going back to the beginning of civilization. And every find ends up further validating the Bible.

Excavations at a site in the Judean lowlands has turned up a 3000-year-old pottery shard with the name Jerrubaal - the name Judge Gideon was given by his father - which means literally, "contender with Baal."

Those in power often write the history to make themselves look good. Lots of actual history has been lost because of this. However, such artifacts as these don't lie.
Jerusalem was very small especially since 3 million Israelites left Egypt.

Israel is an archeologists playground. Ignored for thousands of years it’s filled with artifacts going back to the beginning of civilization. And every find ends up further validating the Bible.

Excavations at a site in the Judean lowlands has turned up a 3000-year-old pottery shard with the name Jerrubaal - the name Judge Gideon was given by his father - which means literally, "contender with Baal."

Most of history is lost to us. This is due to things such as illiteracy, the inability to record events if you were literate, and the loss of events that were lucky enough to get recorded. You also had history skewed to make one country or ruler look good and the rest of the world bad, much like how Egypt recorded events inaccurately. Surviving history had a gauntlet of opposition to living to this present day, like the great fire at the library in Alexandria Egypt. The Bible, however, faced this gauntlet and beat the odds. It's survival is nothing short of a miracle. And lastly, the Bible gives us the good, the bad, and the ugly of the Jewish people, something unique that most writers of history refused to do. This adds to its veractiy.

The Bible is nothing short of an ancient treasure.

?
Not sure of your point, but at least one archeologist thinks Jerusalem was smaller than
what others thought.
Several think Jerusalem was small. The footprint of the city increased when they built the temple, but not the population.

Kind of a weird article. First, the site of the city is considered to be the site Abraham took his son to be sacrificed, around 2,000 BC. And your source says Israelites weren’t there in 1,100 BC. And second, the city of David was small at first, as every city is. It’s all new and still being explored. I got to be one of the first in the public to walk in the newly discovered water drainage tunnel to the Temple Mount from the city of David.

Kind of a weird article. First, the site of the city is considered to be the site Abraham took his son to be sacrificed, around 2,000 BC. And your source says Israelites weren’t there in 1,100 BC. And second, the city of David was small at first, as every city is. It’s all new and still being explored. I got to be one of the first in the public to walk in the newly discovered water drainage tunnel to the Temple Mount from the city of David.
To be fair, the nation of Israel was named after the grandson of Abraham who was Jacob. In fact, the name Jacob and Israel can be used interchangeably in the Bible.

As for walking the secret drainage system David did to take the city, all I can say is, I'm envious! I always wanted to do that.

To be fair, the nation of Israel was named after the grandson of Abraham who was Jacob. In fact, the name Jacob and Israel can be used interchangeably in the Bible.

As for walking the secret drainage system David did to take the city, all I can say is, I'm envious! I always wanted to do that.
If you go, take your backpack off first. The tunnel kept narrowing to the point I almost got stuck, it’s so tight I couldn’t maneuver.

Well, maybe.

But, that pottery sure has some possible linkage to the Bible, via Gideon
Israel probably has the best archaeologists in the world. It's not supposed to prove the Bible.. archaeology stands on its own merits.

New Topics

Forum List

Back