Arafat died of natural causes

Not sure if the Israelis were even the ones to have done it, but he most certainly was poisoned.

Once again, the supposed poison RAPIDLY degenerates and disappears. How exactly did they find any in him YEARS later?

You might want to read up on it. If you didn't read the links and articles I provided, why on earth would you believe me?

Only 18 times? And exactly who had access to his cloths and his burial site? Why exactly would it be on his cloths, it specifically states that the particle is so big it won't penetrate the skin layer? So the only way to give it to someone is for them to ingest it or have it applied to an open wound.

There would be none on the cloths at all.

Once again, the supposed poison RAPIDLY degenerates and disappears. How exactly did they find any in him YEARS later?

You might want to read up on it. If you didn't read the links and articles I provided, why on earth would you believe me?

Only 18 times? And exactly who had access to his cloths and his burial site? Why exactly would it be on his cloths, it specifically states that the particle is so big it won't penetrate the skin layer? So the only way to give it to someone is for them to ingest it or have it applied to an open wound.

Sure thing, Columbo! Read the report.

On Yasser Arafat, polonium, and the possibility of poisoning - CBS News

According to the Guardian, the report in The Lancet does support "the possibility of Arafat's poisoning with polonium-210" after traces were found in his personal items. However, the scientists added: "Although the absence of myelosuppression [bone marrow deficiency] and hair loss does not favour acute radiation syndrome, symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fatigue, diarrhoea, and anorexia, followed by hepatic and renal failures, might suggest radioactive poisoning."

The scientists said they had examined in total 75 samples taken from Arafat's personal belongings, about half of which were provided by Arafat's widow, likely from his mausoleum remains. The other half were taken from "samples of cotton clothing that had been kept in an attic for 10 years and protected from dust," according to Agence France Presse.

In addition, Reuters reports the head of a Russian forensics agency said on Tuesday that samples they tested revealed no traces of radioactive polonium, citing a Russian news agency. However, "the government scientific body later denied that it had made any official statement about the research, saying only that it had handed its results to the Russian Foreign Ministry."

The Lancet article, titled "Improving forensic investigation for polonium poisoning," appears to be more directly related to its headline. Polonium-210 has "a half-life of 138.4 days, which means that what they found was breakdown products of that decay rather than the element itself," according to Wired.

The scientific article goes on to recommend an immediate autopsy in the case of suspected polonium poisoning, something Arafat's widow declined to do in 2004. The final analysis by three teams of scientists on Arafat's belongings was expected earlier this year. The delay in the final analysis is as yet unexplained.

According to the Guardian, the report in The Lancet does support "the possibility of Arafat's poisoning with polonium-210" after traces were found in his personal items. However, the scientists added: "Although the absence of myelosuppression [bone marrow deficiency] and hair loss does not favour acute radiation syndrome, symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fatigue, diarrhoea, and anorexia, followed by hepatic and renal failures, might suggest radioactive poisoning."

The scientists said they had examined in total 75 samples taken from Arafat's personal belongings, about half of which were provided by Arafat's widow, likely from his mausoleum remains. The other half were taken from "samples of cotton clothing that had been kept in an attic for 10 years and protected from dust," according to Agence France Presse.

In addition, Reuters reports the head of a Russian forensics agency said on Tuesday that samples they tested revealed no traces of radioactive polonium, citing a Russian news agency. However, "the government scientific body later denied that it had made any official statement about the research, saying only that it had handed its results to the Russian Foreign Ministry."

The Lancet article, titled "Improving forensic investigation for polonium poisoning," appears to be more directly related to its headline. Polonium-210 has "a half-life of 138.4 days, which means that what they found was breakdown products of that decay rather than the element itself," according to Wired.

The scientific article goes on to recommend an immediate autopsy in the case of suspected polonium poisoning, something Arafat's widow declined to do in 2004. The final analysis by three teams of scientists on Arafat's belongings was expected earlier this year. The delay in the final analysis is as yet unexplained.

Once again, it would not be on his cloths. It can not penetrate the skin. There is no reason to apply it to a persons clothing or body. The method of poisoning is to get them to drink or eat it.

As to an explanation for a delay, simple the facts do not support the claim so they are trying to change the facts.

Once again, it would not be on his cloths. It can not penetrate the skin. There is no reason to apply it to a persons clothing or body. The method of poisoning is to get them to drink or eat it.

As to an explanation for a delay, simple the facts do not support the claim so they are trying to change the facts.

You a forensics expert? If so, fine. Otherwise, how is it that are more knowledgeable about this case than the team that tested Arafat for poison?

I'm not a lefty - sorry to disappoint you.

Your out of hand dismissal of the facts due to "no autopsy" is a real hoot - Arafat's remains were exhumed and it was discovered that he HAD been poisoned. Deal with it. Trying to make it go away won't work.

I get really tired of explaining and re-explaining facts that you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge for the sole reason that want desperately to believe your AM radio.

Does not look like that as you bring the birther issue out of the blue to the conversation about Arafat :D

exhumed remains do not prove anything. If there was no autopsy there is no case. Period.

there are tons of substances which can be poisonous and would never be found upon exhumation. So if there was no autopsy - case is closed.

Look at the time ... have to go ... bye!
OK, since you catch such a cute fish, maybe you are not a leftard :D

Not sure if the Israelis were even the ones to have done it, but he most certainly was poisoned.

one does not need the links to know by name the exact poisons ( actually those are not even poisons, just chemical substances which might kill you) which won't be fount upon exhumation in 9 years. ( I know at least 4 from the top of my head, but I won't name them, I use them daily :D)

Plus there are substances which accumulate in the remains depending on where is he buried.

You a forensics expert? If so, fine. Otherwise, how is it that are more knowledgeable about this case than the team that tested Arafat for poison?

WHY would it be on his cloths? Once again, it does not pass through the skin barrier. There is no reason to apply it to his cloths and as far as I know it does not sweat out either. So once applied to his food or drink it would remain INSIDE his body.

Once again - they tested his remains for a specific substance not for the poisons which are not detectable in 10 years.

Once again - they tested his remains for a specific substance not for the poisons which are not detectable in 10 years.

And part of the poisoning process irradiates the bone marrow which according to the team Arafat showed NO SIGNS of that. Further it is only 18 times more then normal in his remains. How much is needed to poison him? And if the proper dose was given why did it not irradiate his bone marrow?

I still want to know why it would be on his cloths. It does not pass through the skin barrier.

And part of the poisoning process irradiates the bone marrow which according to the team Arafat showed NO SIGNS of that. Further it is only 18 times more then normal in his remains. How much is needed to poison him? And if the proper dose was given why did it not irradiate his bone marrow?

I still want to know why it would be on his cloths. It does not pass through the skin barrier.

you are talking about ONE particular substance. ONE.

there are dozens of the substances which can be used to kill. especially in the hospital.

this "arafat poisoning" is all tinfoil topic.

there are dozens of the substances which can be used to kill. especially in the hospital.

The claim is made that a specific isotope was used. Do keep up. And I am arguing there is no evidence that is true.

The claim is made that a specific isotope was used. Do keep up. And I am arguing there is no evidence that is true.

I agree. there is no evidence at all. If anything - the suspicion should be on a widow - she was the one who refused autopsy.

Assuming he was poisoned I suggest you check his close associates and rivals for leadership, if the Israelis wanted him dead they could have "accidental" shot him long before he died.

As for the supposed poison used it has a short shelf life, how exactly did it still exist years later to be tested?

One can only hope that his life was intentionally shortened. It should have happened decades ago.

Assuming he was poisoned I suggest you check his close associates and rivals for leadership, if the Israelis wanted him dead they could have "accidental" shot him long before he died.

As for the supposed poison used it has a short shelf life, how exactly did it still exist years later to be tested?

Not how you assassinate someone. Too public and overt and just makes him a recruiting poster martyr. Poison and a not-immediate death is best.

But no post mortem examination was carried out as his widow Suha did not ask for one.

Case closed. If there was no autopsy there is no case.
Speculation can go any way wanted, but it is futile.

Sorry, the case is not closed. Was the birther crap that easily dismissed?

The first forensic tests on samples taken from Yasser Arafat's corpse have shown unexpectedly high levels of radioactive polonium-210, suggesting the Palestinian leader could have been poisoned with the rare and lethal substance.

The Swiss scientists who tested Arafat's remains after the exhumation of his body in November 2012 discovered levels of polonium at least 18 times higher than usual in Arafat's ribs, pelvis and in soil that absorbed his bodily fluids.

Yes it was dismissed because there was no case there either.

Forum List

Back