Arab Historian: "No such thing as Palestine in Arab History"

Which Arab country is developing nukes? Iran is not an Arab country.

Poor IMA it does not know what an INSULT it is to an
iranian to be mistaken for an <yuck>
<ICK> <VOMIT> ....arab

EXCUUUUUZE ME!!! lol. They're all sand monkeys to me. Iranians aren't arabs, gee, that's a new one for me. lol Thanks.
So what are they if not arab?
Go back to school, jerk.

<ICK> <VOMIT> ....arab

EXCUUUUUZE ME!!! lol. They're all sand monkeys to me. Iranians aren't arabs, gee, that's a new one for me. lol Thanks.

Persian.

<ICK> <VOMIT> ....arab

Ima, thanks for proving your ignorance.

Wow...astounding.

Maybe I should dedicate my sig line to your illiteracy. But then again, I like my gifs too much.

<ICK> <VOMIT> ....arab

Persian.
Persian=arab. But thanks for the laugh, that was funny. :D

Roudy, ANYTHING for you to get rid of those gay gifs. :D

Thank you ima for exposing your stupidity to us all. Run along now, adults are having conversation here

Persian.

Ima, the Persians are very different from the Arabs.

Kind of like saying Italians = Swedes.

Persian.

Ima, word of advice, when in a hole stop digging.

Maybe that's why you're a Pali supporter. Low learning curve.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6fAWSyu38Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6fAWSyu38Y[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5XEi5sGQ0]I'm Iranian not Arab (read the discription before judging me!) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPbBOzI4AE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPbBOzI4AE[/ame]

Last edited:
In a 1946 appearance before the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry, also acting as an investigative body, the Arab-American historian Philip Hitti stated:

“There is no such thing as Palestine in [Arab] history, absolutely not.” According to investigative journalist Joan Peters, who spent seven years researching the origins of the Arab-Jewish conflict over Palestine.

Hitti was educated at an American Presbyterian mission school at Suq al-Gharb and at the American University of Beirut. After graduating in 1908 he taught at the American University of Beirut before moving to Columbia University where he taught Semitic languages and got his PhD in 1915. After World War I he returned to American University of Beirut and taught there until 1926. In February 1926 he was offered a Chair at Princeton University which he held until he retired in 1954. He was both Professor of Semitic Literature and Chairman of the Department of Oriental Languages. After formal retirement he accepted a position at Harvard. He also taught in the summer schools at the University of Utah and George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He subsequently held a research position at the University of Minnesota. Philip Hitti almost single handedly created the discipline of Arabic Studies in the United States.
In 1944 before a U. S. House committee, Hitti gave testimony in support of the view that there was no historical justification for a Jewish homeland in Palestine. His testimony was reprinted in the Princeton Herald. In response, Albert Einstein and his friend and colleague Erich Kahler jointly replied in the same newspaper with their counter-arguments. Hitti then published a response and Einstein and Kahler concluded the debate in the Princeton Herald with their second response.[1] In 1945 Hitti served as an adviser to the Iraqi delegation at the San Francisco Conference which established the United Nations. In 1946, Hitti was the first Arab-American witness at the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry on Palestine. Bartley Crum, an American member of the committee, recalled that
Hitti.. explained that there was actually no such entity as Palestine- never had been; it was historically part of Syria, and "the Sunday schools have done a great deal of harm to us because by smearing the walls of classrooms with maps of Palestine, they associate it with the Jews in the minds of the average American and Englishman"
But thats not exactly what is printed at the link you gave

In 1944 before a U. S. House committee, Hitti gave testimony in support of the view that there was no historical justification for a Jewish homeland in Palestine. His testimony was reprinted in the Princeton Herald. In response, Albert Einstein and his friend and colleague Erich Kahler jointly replied in the same newspaper with their counter-arguments. Hitti then published a response and Einstein and Kahler concluded the debate in the Princeton Herald with their second response.[1] In 1945 Hitti served as an adviser to the Iraqi delegation at the San Francisco Conference which established the United Nations. In 1946, Hitti was the first Arab-American witness at the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry on Palestine. Bartley Crum, an American member of the committee, recalled that

Hitti.. explained that there was actually no such entity as Palestine- never had been; it was historically part of Syria, and "the Sunday schools have done a great deal of harm to us because by smearing the walls of classrooms with maps of Palestine, they associate it with the Jews in the minds of the average American and Englishman"... He asserted that Zionism.. was an imposition on the Arabs of alien way of life which they resented and to which they would never submit[/QUOTE]
Philip Khuri Hitti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not having read much history written from an Arab-centric point of view, he might very well be right.

It was the WEST, not the Arabs, who started calling the region Palestine.

the whole project of some arab muslims deciding to call
themselves "palestinians" in the 1960s is going to,,
some day be transformed into comic broadway musicals---
it is that silly. some mel brooks somewhere
is probably already working on it

Still comes out the same. He thought "Palestine" was a Jewish conspiracy. Which means no such thing as Palestine in Arab History.

Hitti.. explained that there was actually no such entity as Palestine- never had been; it was historically part of Syria, and "the Sunday schools have done a great deal of harm to us because by smearing the walls of classrooms with maps of Palestine, they associate it with the Jews in the minds of the average American and Englishman"

Not having read much history written from an Arab-centric point of view, he might very well be right.

It was the WEST, not the Arabs, who started calling the region Palestine.
Arabs in the region never taught of themselves as Palestinians. In fact back then, they considered it an insult to be called by that name, because for thousands of years it meant JEW. So they considered the name Palestinian or Palestine just another Jewish / Western conspiracy.

Now, suddenly, the Arabs and Muslims are the biggest defenders of Palestine and its history. "Palestinian Arab" is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind.

Roudy you leave out the last line of the quote
... He asserted that Zionism.. was an imposition on the Arabs of alien way of life which they resented and to which they would never submit
Philip Khuri Hitti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're forgetting the part where the Jews accepted the partition plan to live alongside the Arabs, but the stupid warmonger Arabs refused, because they don't want 98% of the Middle East to be Arab Muslim, they want 100% of it to be Arab Muslim

Forum List

Back