AR 15 builds......... They've created a monster!

Fell in love with the AR platform so far I have the store bought Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22, the 7.62x39 16" carbine I put together and a 5.56 NATO I put together.

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of building a 7.62x39 AR pistol (7 1/2" barrel) and/or a 350 Legend rifle (20" barrel)...........

As Head East said:

Save my life I'm goin' down for the last time!!

BCA In 350 Legend

99148046_1_x.jpg

AR pistol in 7.62x39 (7.5" barrel)

O7JMIgLs1BAyKqq2IQsuh0-pgxS0AizMgYnoTyzvdiM.jpg

Yeah, they are fun, aren't they. I have a base 5.56, a 9mm, and a 300 Blackout with suppressor.

I also run a .22 LR conversion kit in an old A1 upper I had lying around.

Not so. I stated the truth and that's what hurt you. You've never defended yourself in your life and you know it.
Not interested in your childish responses.

Whines the child.

That's my point. Every time there's mention of guns you go an buy more as if civil war is expected.
You dickheads just don't get it. You're a classic example of the gun culture and why there's 35000 people die every year.
Not to worry. It's all collateral damage ay comrade?

No, I have well over 100 guns. I did finally retire my SiG P210-2 because it was 60 years old, and bought one of the new ones to replace it, but I haven't needed to buy anything in years. As far as the rest, 30,000 suicide deaths are terrible, but not the fault of the gun. And the rest of the murders are mainly the scumbags you support. So I can see how a sniveling rat, like you, would want to protect your fellow vermin.

I have another stripped receiver in route, Anderson. Already have the buffer tube and stock, next month I'll buy the lower receiver parts kit then I may have to wait a couple of months to buy the complete upper.

556-ar-15-upper-921-r.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, they are fun, aren't they. I have a base 5.56, a 9mm, and a 300 Blackout with suppressor.

I also run a .22 LR conversion kit in an old A1 upper I had lying around.
I decided against the 350 Legend, damn ammo is expensive.

Same as the .50 Beowulf. Mags are a bitch too.
I'm just going to stick with 5.56 for my carbine build, .223 (steel cased) is pretty cheap. As I said before I already have a carbine and pistol chambered in 7.62x39 so don't really need a .300 Blackout as it's basically the same caliber.

I'm just going to stick with 5.56 for my carbine build, .223 (steel cased) is pretty cheap. As I said before I already have a carbine and pistol chambered in 7.62x39 so don't really need a .300 Blackout as it's basically the same caliber.

It feeds more reliably in an AR mag, and the suppressors are very effective. It's also easier to reload.

It feeds more reliably in an AR mag, and the suppressors are very effective. It's also easier to reload.
It is the American version of the 7.63x39 and made primarily for the AR15 platform so yeah, it's going to be more reliable in that platform. AR47s these days have worked out the reliability issues that dominated earlier versions though there can still be problems with some magazines not feeding reliably. Typically the higher capacity mags in 7.62x39 have more feed issues than the 10 round mags which seem to have no feed issues at all.
As for reloading I don't but I probably will get a reload kit for my 45-70 Sharps carbine, at $3 + per round.............

It is the American version of the 7.63x39 and made primarily for the AR15 platform so yeah, it's going to be more reliable in that platform. AR47s these days have worked out the reliability issues that dominated earlier versions though there can still be problems with some magazines not feeding reliably. Typically the higher capacity mags in 7.62x39 have more feed issues than the 10 round mags which seem to have no feed issues at all.
As for reloading I don't but I probably will get a reload kit for my 45-70 Sharps carbine, at $3 + per round.............

Yes, I have bern reloading for my 1886 for years. I love the sound of a 405 grain slug wuffling through the air! The only Sharps I have is an original 1863, that was converted to .50-70, so I have ALWAYS had to reload for it.

Same as for my long lever Martini.

Forum List

Back