Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DoJ to Allow Govt to Continue Using Documents Seized from Mar-A-Lago

So where are these other people who made the same claim? Please supply a cite.
Where are they? At work? Maybe at home? Maybe at taco bell? I don't know. Google is your friend. If you don't believe it I don't care.

What I do know is I never stated that absentee ballot laws required waiting until the end of the count.

You lied.

Where are they? At work? Maybe at home? Maybe at taco bell? I don't know. Google is your friend. If you don't believe it I don't care.

What I do know is I never stated that absentee ballot laws required waiting until the end of the count.

You lied.
Quite playing stupid. I don't waste my time on douchebags who are obviously just trolling.

"Then you don't see well and you certainly haven't quoted any statement I made that was a lie."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, poster Catsnmeters..... I admire your patience.
But, in my opinion, you are plowing some awfully thin ground with poster Li'l Bripat.
You have, it appears, about 1,200 posts. Li'l guy has close to 160,000!
And all...or at any rate, the majority of them are along these lines: "don't waste my time on douchebags...."

"Douchebag"
in Li'l guys' world being any poster who offers a fact-check, a counter, a link to a credible source.

I've read no substantive post from Bripat in my year and a half visiting this site. But have seen a blizzard of 'douchebag' epithets hurled at those who discombobulate him.
In my opinion, there is no there there with the Li'l guy. This gossipboard simply serves as a venue to have his keyboard enema.
Which....we hope.....keeps him from going postal or shooting up a school.

✌️

The purpose of the Special Master is to review the materials to exclude things that are privileged for one reason or another. So what?

Do Leftists understand how stupid they sound each time they say, "THIS TIME, we got him!"?

The OP is obviously a moron, for describing the A.G.'s lawsuit as a "mega-suit." THERE ARE NO DAMAGES!!!!! No one was harmed. The Banks who are the A.G.'s purported victims are strangely silent. Because they were REPAID!

This is - if you can believe it - the STUPIDEST action against Trump that we have seen yet.
Trump loses again. Court halts Mar-a-Lago special master review. Trump requested the Special Master. It is a loss for him unless you are in the Trump cult who continually defends their great leader.

Republican appointed judges reverse requirement of Special Master on the Mar-a-Lago documents

How can Trump handle losing so many court cases along with losing power in the Republican world.

I love it!!!

Odd thing happened today during congressional testimony. When Josh Hawley questioned Merrick Garland about the raid Garland sanctioned on Trumps property by the FBI going in balls to the wall.........................Hawley claimed the FBI didn't want to go into Mar-A-Lago because they didn't think they had a case.
Garland him-hawed around the issue.

Rabid anti-Trumpers in DOJ pushed for the raid, FBI didn't want to do it.

Tell me DOJ isn't weaponized against Trump.

The Washington Post is reporting that there was a heated debate in the Justice Department over the decision to raid Mar-a-Lago in July 2022. The senior FBI agents objected that they believe that a consensual search was possible without the necessity of a raid. It was main Justice officials who overruled them and insisted on the raid. What is most striking about the account is that FBI agents were raising the very concerns that some of us voiced after the unprecedented raid on the home of a former president.

The Post describes a “tense showdown” a week before the raid. Jay Bratt, Chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section (CES) of the National Security Division, joined other Justice officials to demand a raid. He was accompanied to the FBI by Assistant Attorney General Matt Olsen as well as two counterintelligence officials, George Toscas and Alan E. Kohler Jr.

Toscas previously worked on the Crossfire Hurricane and Clinton email investigations. He reportedly pushed for a raid.
The FBI pushed back hard, according to the Post. Steven M. D’Antuono, then the head of the FBI Washington field office was running the investigation and said that he considered the raid to be unnecessary and overkill. He wanted to arrange a consensual search. He reportedly even refused to conduct the raid without a direct order.
When classified documents were found by both Biden and Pence after the Trump raid, they were also not subject to search warrants but allowed to have counsel look for additional classified material. In all three cases, the FBI seemed to approach the controversies as collection rather than criminal efforts.

Well... the Federal government won its appeal and can continue to use the documents and materials seized in the Mar-A-Lago raid...

Government Wins Appeal on Mar-a-Lago Classified Documents

Between this new ruling, and the Special Master ( Trump appointees in both cases) calling Rump's bluff with respect to de-classification...

Not to mention the NY AG filing a mega-suit against the Donald and his grown kids involved in the Family Business...

Looks like Donald has lost this week... Bigly... :clap2: :21: :cool:

Kind of reminds me how the DOJ / FBI got around Trump's Attorney-Client Privilege by raiding his lawyer's home and office, confiscating everything, and going through it all at their leisure for their later use...

Corrupt / criminal as hell but effective...

"When classified documents were found by both Biden and Pence after the Trump raid, they were also not subject to search warrants but allowed to have counsel look for additional classified material.."
-----------------------------------------------------

That seems to be true.
However.......
.....however, with both the Biden & Pence discoveries of documents there was a rubric of 'cooperation'.

Not so with the Trump document situation.
Requests had been made. Fulfillment was only partial.
More requests. More 'partial'.
A subpoena was issued.
And ignored.
A whistleblower hinted that there was more....and where there were stored.
Hence, an on-the-premises search.

So, even tho there might be differences in opinion about situational tactics (likely not unusual between the DOJ & the FBI).... the reality is that Trump appeared to be intentionally hiding, intentionally uncooperative.

Not so, with Pence & Biden.

In my own personal opinion, FWIW......the Trump mess was indicative and typical of Don Trump's disregard for the norms for respecting our laws, respecting our institutions. He, seemingly, believed he could bulldoze his way through regardless. As he had a reputation for doing in many other incidents.

But, this time.....the DOJ seemingly said....'We are sick of this merde'. It's hammertime!'

IMHO

Magarat types in the FBI pushed back. In fact the same ones that failed to pass on Jan 6 warnings
Kinda 'funny' the same clowns who were involved in investigations regarding everything Trump, who fraudulently submitted FISA warrant applications, forged ahead with the disproven Steele Dossier provided by Buzzfeed, who later in court, said it was BS......are now crucial in the Mar-A-Lago 'raid'.

Dude, what you just called 'Magarats' were the same ones implicated in all these investigations which totally failed to implicate Trump.

DUDE...SUCK ON THIS:

Toscas previously worked on the Crossfire Hurricane and Clinton email investigations. He reportedly pushed for a raid.

Trump hating FBI/DOJ.

But everything is A-OK according to Christopher Wray's congressional testimony..................... :laughing0301:

-----------------------------------------------------

That seems to be true.
However.......
.....however, with both the Biden & Pence discoveries of documents there was a rubric of 'cooperation'.

Not so with the Trump document situation.
Requests had been made. Fulfillment was only partial.
More requests. More 'partial'.
A subpoena was issued.
And ignored.
A whistleblower hinted that there was more....and where there were stored.
Hence, an on-the-premises search.

So, even tho there might be differences in opinion about situational tactics (likely not unusual between the DOJ & the FBI).... the reality is that Trump appeared to be intentionally hiding, intentionally uncooperative.

Not so, with Pence & Biden.

In my own personal opinion, FWIW......the Trump mess was indicative and typical of Don Trump's disregard for the norms for respecting our laws, respecting our institutions. He, seemingly, believed he could bulldoze his way through regardless. As he had a reputation for doing in many other incidents.

But, this time.....the DOJ seemingly said....'We are sick of this merde'. It's hammertime!'

IMHO
You've totally overlooked the information in my link, or you wouldn't be replying as you just did,

You've totally overlooked the information in my link,
I respectfully demur.
I read your link.
And I find most pertinent these observations:

• "While it took long negotiations, the Trump team had previously turned over boxes of material to the National Archives."
"long negotiations"? Why?
These are 'Presidential records'....not personal records. These records are the property of the citizens of the United States. Any so called, 'negotiations' should have been....short and perfunctory.
There were....as best we know....NO such negotiations for access to Biden's or Pence's records.

-----------
  • "...Justice officials were unwilling to seek a consensual raid and maintained that the Trump team might move to hide or destroy evidence. Such actions would, of course, constitute serious federal crimes."
  • "The fact is that highly classified documents were found at Mar-a-Lago and past representations made by counsel were later challenged by the FBI as false. The Justice Department told the court that it believes that there was an effort to obstruct their investigation."

"highly classified material found".....'representations were challenged', 'subpoena ignored'.....whistleblower blowin' there was more, and where it was at, "effort to obstruct".....well, color me as just an naïve old farmer but, but, those are rather notable signals that there is mischief afoot. IMHO

Don Trump tried to bully, lie, and bluff his way to keeping highly classified material....for purposes we do not yet know.
He overplayed his hand.
OK, not a novel thing for him.
Let's see how it plays out for the game.

The Special Master called your Orange Baboon's bluff regarding lies about de-classification.

Did somebody say that, or even hint at it?

I'll defer to the courts and the jury for feedback on that one...

So long as it goes against your traitorous Orange Lying Sack-of-$hit and his Korrupt Klown Kar, it's all good... :itsok:

The classified doc laws are all very clear in that they totally exempt presidents and vice presidents, who then legally can do what ever they want with classified docs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back