Appeals court rules Congress can get access to trump records in January 6th investigation

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Of course, he will appeal to the USSC...and he will lose there also. And I guess the RNC is paying for all of these legal attempts to runout the clock? GOOD! I hope trump spends all their money on useless legal challenges.

Of course, he will appeal to the USSC...and he will lose there also. And I guess the RNC is paying for all of these legal attempts to runout the clock? GOOD! I hope trump spends all their money on useless legal challenges.

Thank you very much for that good news.

Yes the RNC has been paying trump's legal bills for a very long time.

I agree. The more he sucks from the RNC, the less they have to contribute to their crazy candidates.

I agree. The more he sucks from the RNC, the less they have to contribute to their crazy candidates.
Yup, as 2022 approaches, McConnell will wonder..."Where did all the money go?" Well, if you want to protect your former guy, you need to pay his bills.

WINNING!

He "loved" them the day they attacked the US Capitol. Now he wants to hide from them and deny he had anything to do with them. Has he ever thrown anyone else under the bus before?

The ruling from the appeals court was blistering.

It was also unanimous.

They will, and when it gets to a court with less Communists on it, they will respect executive privilege. But in the meantime, enjoy your hard nipples because it won't last long. The Communists have zero evidence Trump had anything to do with the rioters, and no real court can give them permission to conduct a witch hunt.

7A57CDC6-B94B-4AD1-B4E2-750E4F573A90.jpeg

As I said on some other thread recently, I am personally not convinced that there is a valid claim of Executive Privilege regarding much of the WH “records” concerning the 1/6 NON insurrection. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if SCOTUS allows the lower court decision to just stand.

As I have argued in a related vein, I wish those summoned to testify before the House canard hearing committee (because there is obviously no real need for any investigation nor need for any additional laws) would just go and blast the fuck out of the Democrap showboaters.

They will, and when it gets to a court with less Communists on it, they will respect executive privilege. But in the meantime, enjoy your hard nipples because it won't last long. The Communists have zero evidence Trump had anything to do with the rioters, and no real court can give them permission to conduct a witch hunt.

Hello in there! We have one POTUS. And Biden has determined that Trump's beg for EP doesn't hold water.

Two courts have laughed yor boy out of court. Deal with it.

I knew you Bozos would claim that judges are communists because they ruled against Trump. Nothing new there.

The ruling from the appeals court was blistering.

It was also unanimous.
Mark Meadows is in trouble. He has already supplied many documents to the Select Committee that outline the attempt by trumpsters to steal the election. He has given up his right to executive privilege. Now with this court ruling, he can either listen to the "Former Guy" or he can tell the Committee what happened behind the scenes on January 6th and who planned and funded the attack on the US Capitol.

It could be that Mark Meadows is an unwilling John Dean. Donnie is not going to like him....

Mark Meadows is in trouble. He has already supplied many documents to the Select Committee that outline the attempt by trumpsters to steal the election. He has given up his right to executive privilege. Now with this court ruling, he can either listen to the "Former Guy" or he can tell the Committee what happened behind the scenes on January 6th and who planned and funded the attack on the US Capitol.

It could be that Mark Meadows is an unwilling John Dean. Donnie is not going to like him....

The ruling by the appeals court totally shredded meadows' excuse of executive privilege.

If the Supreme Court rules against trump, which they should if they want to retain any appearance of credibility, both meadows and bannon lost their excuses of executive privilege.

The FBI did not investigate those at the top....only rioters.....

The ruling by the appeals court totally shredded meadows' excuse of executive privilege.

If the Supreme Court rules against trump, which they should if they want to retain any appearance of credibility, both meadows and bannon lost their excuses of executive privilege.
The supreme court may not even take up the case....

Trump team lawyers gave no reason as to why they wanted all 1/6 documents and conversations held back, how it would harm the ex president, or how it would harm the Presidency.

Both the president and congress agree to the release of documents.

The SC has nothing to hear....? Bet they do not take it up....

The FBI did not investigate those at the top....only rioters.....

Every agency we have investigated this over and over again from top to bottom. The Communists are just trying to keep this alive as long as possible or at least until the next election where a major slaughter is predicted. This is going to be ten fold of the phony Russia investigation.

Trump team lawyers gave no reason as to why they wanted all 1/6 documents and conversations held back, how it would harm the ex president, or how it would harm the Presidency.

There is no reason for the USSC to hear the case. The sitting President has refused to exert executive privilege concerning the release of documents from the January 6th incursion. The opinion of the sitting President "trumps" the opinion of the former president. Pun intended....

I expect that Thomas will try to get the court to hear it....but Roberts will push back. We will see...

And it may get stopped before it gets to the SC. So what kind of documents could Trump even have about 1/6? He didn't even know about it until after he got done with his speech.

This will fail, but payback is a bitch. Wait until Republicans takeover Congress. Then we'll really find out what happened at the top, such as why did the Capital police refuse Trump's offer to have national guard present at the rally? Why did Piglosi ignore the warnings from the Capital police about a likelihood of this happening in spite of FBI warnings? Why won't they release the thousand or so hours of video to Congress or the public of the attack?

Piglosi may be retiring, but she'll be back to answer the real questions we never had answers to and still don't.

No they wont nor is there anything to indicate they would. I would bet that they simply refuse to hear it at all as Care pointed out.

The documents will be revealed, nothing will be in them and the media will crow about one line somewhere that means nothing but makes a good sound byte like they always do. It is not as though this is a new process...

Forum List

Back