Apparently sexual assault just isn't that big a deal in Kentucky

I agree you are so fucking stupid.

From the article:

“simply pointing out that as part of a pattern involving one or men that the assailant(s) have targeted women wearing skirts.”

vs.

“He pointed at my outfit and said, ‘Don’t you think your shorts are a little short?’”

The cop was wrong in the WAY he said it, the police are not wrong in warning women about this guy. AND AGAIN, they are not blaming anyone.

You are fucking dolt.
Except it is the way the cop said it that turns what he said from "warning women about this guy" to blaming the girl because of her clothing options. That's what you don't get. It doesn't matter what you intended. what matters is what you did.

"Well, if you weren't acting like such a drunken whore..."

Your intention may have been to warn about making dangerous behavioral decisions. But what you did was blame the girl. It is all about what is actually said, and how. Perception is everything.

True "blame" does not occur until the prosecutor or the judge decide to let the guy off or reduce his sentence because the woman was "asking for it". I have yet to see a modern case that uses that logic, with exceptions for local yokel courts protecting their kin or friends.
Really? So in my hypothetical scenario above, you don't think your thoughtless words could possibly have a negative impact on a rape victim's self image? Blame is telling the rape victim she brought the rape on herself, and it doesn't matter who is doing the blaming; it will have a negative effect on the victim. In fact, if that stupid attitude is coming from the right people, at the right time (ie. from some dumbass in the ER, while she is being checked out), it could so demoralize her that she doesn't even press charges. So, yeah...I guess it can have the effect of "reducing the guy's sentence", since it can result in the guy not even being charged, let alone convicted.

Your PC screed notwithstanding, The Police officer worded himself poorly, however the PD itself is still right in warning people of this perp's MO, and is in no way condoning his activity or blaming the victims, actual or potential.

The simple truth is that in this area, and until this guy is caught, people wearing short skirts or short whatever are probably at higher risk of being assaulted by this guy.
Your deflection notwithstanding, it is irrelevant what the PD is attempting as a departmental policy. When a person suggests to a rape victim that the reason she was raped was because her shorts were too short, that is blaming the victim. And you're attempt to minimize his actions by "admitting" that he "poorly chose his words", is no different than justfying things like the riot at WVU a couple of weeks ago by reporting that they "got a little raucus".

No, he didn't "choose his words poorly"; he blamed the victim. Call it what it was.

Because he was the subject of those writings. He said the gospel first needed to be written on our hearts.

I don't think he was talking just to be heard.

My guess is somebody felt it was too important to just be passed on in stories told around a fire.

Ah. I'm argueing the literary reality, you're apparently accepting the theological claims as reality. Thus the difference.
I'm looking at everything. You just can't accept the context.

Kinda. I don't accept claims of divine inspiration until someone demonstrates empirically a divine reality actually exists. Could use that same logic to claim events in Harry Potter are real because the books say it is. But that doesn't make them true.

I've always wanted to attend Hogwarts. Ravenclaw 4 EVA!

Took a 'Sorting Hat' test once and was placed into Hufflepuff. :)

I did as well and was sorted into Ravenclaw. I am a proud Potter-head.

The cop didn't say anything to that girl that a concerned father wouldn't say to their own daughter about the length of her apparel.

The cop was wrong in the WAY he said it, the police are not wrong in warning women about this guy. AND AGAIN, they are not blaming anyone.

You are fucking dolt.
Except it is the way the cop said it that turns what he said from "warning women about this guy" to blaming the girl because of her clothing options. That's what you don't get. It doesn't matter what you intended. what matters is what you did.

Your intention may have been to warn about making dangerous behavioral decisions. But what you did was blame the girl. It is all about what is actually said, and how. Perception is everything.

True "blame" does not occur until the prosecutor or the judge decide to let the guy off or reduce his sentence because the woman was "asking for it". I have yet to see a modern case that uses that logic, with exceptions for local yokel courts protecting their kin or friends.
Really? So in my hypothetical scenario above, you don't think your thoughtless words could possibly have a negative impact on a rape victim's self image? Blame is telling the rape victim she brought the rape on herself, and it doesn't matter who is doing the blaming; it will have a negative effect on the victim. In fact, if that stupid attitude is coming from the right people, at the right time (ie. from some dumbass in the ER, while she is being checked out), it could so demoralize her that she doesn't even press charges. So, yeah...I guess it can have the effect of "reducing the guy's sentence", since it can result in the guy not even being charged, let alone convicted.

Your PC screed notwithstanding, The Police officer worded himself poorly, however the PD itself is still right in warning people of this perp's MO, and is in no way condoning his activity or blaming the victims, actual or potential.

The simple truth is that in this area, and until this guy is caught, people wearing short skirts or short whatever are probably at higher risk of being assaulted by this guy.
Your deflection notwithstanding, it is irrelevant what the PD is attempting as a departmental policy. When a person suggests to a rape victim that the reason she was raped was because her shorts were too short, that is blaming the victim. And you're attempt to minimize his actions by "admitting" that he "poorly chose his words", is no different than justfying things like the riot at WVU a couple of weeks ago by reporting that they "got a little raucus".

No, he didn't "choose his words poorly"; he blamed the victim. Call it what it was.

Will this in any way impact the punishment of the offender?
Is it a fact that it seems this perpetrator targets people in short clothing/showing leg?
Is the PD or this police officer less inclined to try to apprehend the perpetrator?

Blaming the victim has to result in some mitigation to the perpetrator, I don't see that happening here.

Ah. I'm argueing the literary reality, you're apparently accepting the theological claims as reality. Thus the difference.
I'm looking at everything. You just can't accept the context.

Kinda. I don't accept claims of divine inspiration until someone demonstrates empirically a divine reality actually exists. Could use that same logic to claim events in Harry Potter are real because the books say it is. But that doesn't make them true.

I've always wanted to attend Hogwarts. Ravenclaw 4 EVA!

Took a 'Sorting Hat' test once and was placed into Hufflepuff. :)

I did as well and was sorted into Ravenclaw. I am a proud Potter-head.

I'm waiting for her to release the next chapter. Takes forever.

and by the way.

98608d1388181376t-my-mother-law-so-fat-m92eq9.jpg

The cop didn't say anything to that girl that a concerned father wouldn't say to their own daughter about the length of her apparel.
He is not her father. He should speak as an official.

No one said he was you retarded fuck. But what he said was no worse than what a concerned father would say and you idiots get all bent out of shape over it.

No one said he was you retarded fuck. But what he said was no worse than what a concerned father would say and you idiots get all bent out of shape over it.
Fathers dont blame their daughters for being raped.

Neither did that cop with his question. Besides the girl hadn't been raped.

You can't help yourself can you? You cannot be honest about anything.

Quite possibly. If the victim becomes convinced that she "got what she deserved", and decides not to press charges, that kind of affects the punishment of the offender, now doesn't it?
Is it a fact that it seems this perpetrator targets people in short clothing/showing leg?
Sure it is. And, after the fact of a rape, does pointing that out to the victim really serve a purpose?

So, we have a farm, you leave the barn door open, so that all of the horses run free. When I say to you, "You know, horses tend to escape through open doors," Am I educating you on how to prevent the horse, which have already escapred, from escaping, or am I just blaming you, and serving no real purpose?
Is the PD or this police officer less inclined to try to apprehend the perpetrator?
I don't know. And, neither do you, since you are not capable of seeing inside the officer's mind. All we know, for sure, is that he made a comment to the victim that suggests he felt she helped bring the rape on herself. Regardless of what you think he meant to do, that has the effect of "blaming the victim".

Blaming the victim has to result in some mitigation to the perpetrator, I don't see that happening here.
No, it doesn't. Blaming the victim has nothing to do with the perpetrator. It has the result of making the victim feel responsible for what happened to her.

Quite possibly. If the victim becomes convinced that she "got what she deserved", and decides not to press charges, that kind of affects the punishment of the offender, now doesn't it?
Sure it is. And, after the fact of a rape, does pointing that out to the victim really serve a purpose?

So, we have a farm, you leave the barn door open, so that all of the horses run free. When I say to you, "You know, horses tend to escape through open doors," Am I educating you on how to prevent the horse, which have already escapred, from escaping, or am I just blaming you, and serving no real purpose?

No, it doesn't. Blaming the victim has nothing to do with the perpetrator. It has the result of making the victim feel responsible for what happened to her.

So if warning women that a rapist is out there targeting women who dress a certain way and get drunk, If i inform them of this and tell them maybe they should watch out, I may be hurting their feelings, and should thus not warn them at all?

Because if it happened anyway they might FEEL they were responsible?

What type of feel good progressive claptrap is this shit?

Yes he did with his question. Rape is more than a physical act.

Lying is the expertise of convicts such as yourself. Dont make me laugh at your comment about honesty. :laugh:

So if warning women that a rapist is out there targeting women who dress a certain way and get drunk, If i inform them of this and tell them maybe they should watch out, I may be hurting their feelings, and should thus not warn them at all?
No, you shouldn't. Not if you are too stupid to recognize the difference between "Ladies, there is a rapist out there targeting women with what he views as 'short' skirts, so be careful," and "Well, don't you think that skirt is a little short, young lady?"

No, you shouldn't. Not if you are too stupid to recognize the difference between "Ladies, there is a rapist out there targeting women with what he views as 'short' skirts, so be careful," and "Well, don't you think that skirt is a little short, young lady?"

So one cop using poor language to express himself invalidates the whole premise of warning people? Remember I already said the cop used poor language to express himself.

I don't know. And, neither do you, since you are not capable of seeing inside the officer's mind. All we know, for sure, is that he made a comment to the victim that suggests he felt she helped bring the rape on herself. Regardless of what you think he meant to do, that has the effect of "blaming the victim".

It isn't a fact that the perp targets people with short skirts/showing skin. That is Marty's speculation. The only fact put forward by the police department is that he targets women wearing skirts.

It isn't a fact that the perp targets people with short skirts/showing skin. That is Marty's speculation. The only fact put forward by the police department is that he targets women wearing skirts.

So short-shorts create some magic force field that protects women from this guy?

Its called being cautious.

So short-shorts create some magic force field that protects women from this guy?

Its called being cautious.
Quit talking out of your ass. For all you know it is easier for the rapist to rape someone wearing a skirt as opposed to shorts or pants.

Yes he did with his question. Rape is more than a physical act.

Lying is the expertise of convicts such as yourself. Dont make me laugh at your comment about honesty. :laugh:

You've taking lying to a whole new level. You are such an accomplished liar, you actually believe the lies you tell.

Forum List

Back