Apparent majority for Jordan Valley Sovereignty vote

Yesha Leaders to Netanyahu: Declare Sovereignty This Week

YERUSHALAYIM - A number of leaders from Yehudah and Shomron gathered in Yerushalayim on Sunday outside the Prime Ministerā€™s Office and called on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to move forward with the declaration of Israeli sovereignty over parts of Yehudah and Shomron, under the Trump administrationā€™s Middle East peace plan.

According to the plan, Israel can declare sovereignty from the beginning of July.

Media reports have emerged recently on Netanyahuā€™s intention to declare sovereignty in stages, or on only a small segment of the allocated territory.

In a statement to the media, David Elhiyani, head of the Yesha Council, said that Israel is ā€œin one of the most critical weeks for the settlements. This week, the decision to apply sovereignty will probably be made. We say to the prime minister: stand behind your commitment to apply sovereignty this week.ā€

The Yesha leaders also rejected calls for a building freeze in parts of Yehudah and Shomron or the establishment of a Palestinian state, which is also called for by the Deal of the Century.

ā€œWe will make sure, with all that is at our disposal, that no Palestinian state will be established,ā€ Elhiyani declared.

He called on Netanyahu to ā€œtake leadership, show courage in the face of all those who try to say otherwise, despite all the excuses that sovereignty might offend Jordan, maybe harm security and maybe anger the international community.

ā€œDo not surrender. Bring the sovereignty. You have support from the public and you have support from the Knesset. Any application of sovereignty will pass by a large majority. Itā€™s time for deeds and not talk,ā€ he stated.

F200621YS40-1024x683.jpg

David Elhayani, Yesha Council chairman at the protest tent outside the Prime Ministerā€™s Office in Yerushalayim on Sunday, demonstrating for Israeli sovereignty in Yehudah, Shomron and the Jordan Valley. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)

PM agrees - Sovereignty without recognizing Pal. state

'This country is ours, and it's ours by right and was given to us by G-d 3,500 years ago.'

Coalition Head Member of Knesset Miki Zohar came today to the Sovereignty Tent Vigil, set up by the Sovereignty Movement in front of the Prime Ministerā€™s Office, and made remarks praising the fight for Sovereignty and against a Palestinian state: "It's very, very dangerous to the Israeli people, but it's also dangerous to the Palestinian people, because they won't get democracy, they will get dictatorship," Zohar said.

"This country is ours, and it's ours by right and was given to us by G-d 3,500 years ago, so we are going to fight for this and we hope that the American community and also President Trump support us in this fight, I think we are right, and hopefully it will happen and we will see."

Zohar stated that the Sovereignty Movementā€™s fight for the application of sovereignty is a critical fight on behalf of the Land of Israel and that the people in Israel indeed support the application of sovereignty over the entire Land, as it is the Land of our forefathers. He also emphasized his commitment to the second part of the tent vigilā€™s slogan, which is ā€˜No to Palestineā€™. ā€œThis is what I always say, with G-dā€™s help, we will apply sovereignty over the entire Land of Israel, at first in coordination with the American plan, over at least part of Judea and Samaria, but there is no way that we will allow the government or the Knesset to recognize the principle of establishing a Palestinian state, Heaven forbid. This must not happen and we will not allow it to happenā€.

In his remarks, Zohar mentioned the Prime Ministerā€™s words in a meeting of the Likud faction. ā€œThe Prime Minister said clearly that he is willing to conduct negotiations on the basis of the plan but not to allow the government or the Knesset to recognize the establishment of a Palestinian stateā€.

Member of Knesset Zohar also noted other matters that must be addressed, such as the concern for the security of traffic on the roads of Judea and Samaria as well as the concern for the Jewish communities and outposts. ā€œWe will not allow any Jew to be uprooted from his home. These are things that I have said and the Prime Minister said these things at the meeting of the Likud factionā€.

The time has come to realize the League of Nations proposal for dividing Palestine...

1922-mandate_for_palestine.jpg

Time to push the Pali mob east of the Jordan River...

While Rump is still in office and watching the Israelis' back...

Lord knows who's gonna be President of the US on January 20, 2021...

Smotrich calls for vote next week on Jordan Valley sovereignty
Transportation Minister writes to PM calling for Knesset plenum to use discussion of immunity to push for vote on sovereignty.
886869.jpg

Transportation Minister and National Union chief MK Bezalel Smotrich sent a letter to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu requesting that the plenum be convened next week to vote to apply sovereignty in the Jordan Valley.

The plenary is expected to convene at the request of the Blue and White party to discuss setting up a committee for Netanyahu's immunity hearings. Smotrich suggested taking this opportunity to examine how Benny Gantz's party will respond to a proposal to apply Israeli law to the Jordan Valley.

"Yisrael Beytenu and Blue and White think that important and fundamental decisions can be made during a transitional government. I am in favor of this. But not for politics, but for essential matters. Applying sovereignty over the Jordan Valley is one of the important Zionist measures that are on the agenda and if Blue and White wink at the right, it will be given the chance to prove it," the transportation minister wrote.

"The political timing is ripe to back such a move. With a true friend of Israel, President Donald Trump, combined with the 'urgent' plenary conference on Tuesday, this is a historic opportunity. We have no excuse for missing it," he added.

"There are those who demand a plenary convening for populist needs of immunity, we must take advantage of this to implement an historic historic step in the Jordan Valley," he stressed.

938659.jpg

Israel National News

(Comment)

Basically today there's already enough votes in favor to apply the Israeli law,
it's more a matter of how big the majority can be during this political and security situation.

Overall a smart strategic move to draw political rivals on board, and fulfill what most major players holding the keys to coalition already pronounced their political platform for the elections.
The Jordan valley is their only eastern front and without it theyā€™re super vulnerable to tanks and heavy infantry

Smotrich calls for vote next week on Jordan Valley sovereignty
Transportation Minister writes to PM calling for Knesset plenum to use discussion of immunity to push for vote on sovereignty.
886869.jpg

Transportation Minister and National Union chief MK Bezalel Smotrich sent a letter to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu requesting that the plenum be convened next week to vote to apply sovereignty in the Jordan Valley.

The plenary is expected to convene at the request of the Blue and White party to discuss setting up a committee for Netanyahu's immunity hearings. Smotrich suggested taking this opportunity to examine how Benny Gantz's party will respond to a proposal to apply Israeli law to the Jordan Valley.

"Yisrael Beytenu and Blue and White think that important and fundamental decisions can be made during a transitional government. I am in favor of this. But not for politics, but for essential matters. Applying sovereignty over the Jordan Valley is one of the important Zionist measures that are on the agenda and if Blue and White wink at the right, it will be given the chance to prove it," the transportation minister wrote.

"The political timing is ripe to back such a move. With a true friend of Israel, President Donald Trump, combined with the 'urgent' plenary conference on Tuesday, this is a historic opportunity. We have no excuse for missing it," he added.

"There are those who demand a plenary convening for populist needs of immunity, we must take advantage of this to implement an historic historic step in the Jordan Valley," he stressed.

938659.jpg

Israel National News

(Comment)

Basically today there's already enough votes in favor to apply the Israeli law,
it's more a matter of how big the majority can be during this political and security situation.

Overall a smart strategic move to draw political rivals on board, and fulfill what most major players holding the keys to coalition already pronounced their political platform for the elections.
The Jordan valley is their only eastern front and without it theyā€™re super vulnerable to tanks and heavy infantry

It's pretty much taken for granted, regardless of political arrangement,
that in any scenario, Israel will remain in exclusive control over the valley.

Yossi Dagan on the decision of Miri Regev to double the road connecting the center to the valley through Samaria:
'This is how sovereignty is applied'

Samaria Regional Council head Yossi Dagan responds to news 13 release on Transport Minister Miri Regev's decision to double the road linking the center to the valley and turning it into a two-lane road, making it a significant latitude road crossing the the State of Israel from the Mediterranean to Jordan.

"This project the minister has chosen is a flag project, a historic project that will change the map of the State of Israel, not only for Judea and Samaria, but for all residents of the State of Israel, and incidentally for the Arab population in Judea and Samaria," Dagan said.

According to him: "After 72 years that the state has existed and 53 years since this region was liberated, Samaria becomes the center of the country not only geographically but also transportation wise. We have a common goal: to bring a million citizens of the State of Israel to Judea Samaria, the historic decision of the Minister will change the map and bring a million citizens here. And make it into a prosperous tourist location and the center of the country".

"I am strengthening Minister Regev's hands on this historic step, and the other tremendous things she is doing. It is undoubtedly one of the corrections of the greatest civil wrongs," Dagan concluded.

The inspection tour reported today took place together with MK Minister Miri Regev, Samaria Regional Council President Yossi Dagan and the presence of Samaria Regional Council professionals and Ministry of Transport professionals. The main meeting on transportation infrastructure in Samaria was held at the Gil'ad Farm.

1-123__w650h331q80.jpg

The Defense Ministry has begun clearing a minefield at the "Na'amah Bell" site, near the village of Na'amah and Jericho in the Jordan Valley. This is an area of about 200 dunams, the evacuation of which will allow to reach a mine area of 2,000-3,000 dunams that is "imprisoned" between the current site and the perimeter fence. The project will last about two months and costs about NIS 7 million.

RE: Apparent majority for Jordan Valley Sovereignty vote
āœā†’ rylah, et al,

BLUF: while it is a domestic decision on the part of the Israelis, I think the order of operation here is wrong. It is not for Israel to decide, but rather for the Arab Palestinians to decide if they want to be part of Israel.

PM agrees - Sovereignty without recognizing Pal. state

'This country is ours, and it's ours by right and was given to us by G-d 3,500 years ago.'

Coalition Head Member of Knesset Miki Zohar came today to the Sovereignty Tent Vigil, set up by the Sovereignty Movement in front of the Prime Ministerā€™s Office, and made remarks praising the fight for Sovereignty and against a Palestinian state: "It's very, very dangerous to the Israeli people, but it's also dangerous to the Palestinian people, because they won't get democracy, they will get dictatorship," Zohar said.
(COMMENT)

I think they have it wrong. It is not a matter of Israel extending sovereignty, but for the Arab Palestinians of this area to ask Israel to accept them and cover them under Israeli sovereignty.

This is a careful consideration that must be made. There will be obligations, responsibilities, and consequences that must be considered.

"This country is ours, and it's ours by right and was given to us by G-d 3,500 years ago, so we are going to fight for this and we hope that the American community and also President Trump support us in this fight, I think we are right, and hopefully it will happen and we will see."
(COMMENT)

You cannot stake a claim over any territory based on the folklore of three millennia ago.

Egyptian forces (Pharaoh Thutmose III), at the Battle of Megiddo (ā‰ˆ 1457 BCE or ā‰ˆ 3,500 years ago) defeated the Canaanites for control over the Region which now includes the territory now called Palestine.

Member of Knesset Zohar also noted other matters that must be addressed, such as the concern for the security of traffic on the roads of Judea and Samaria as well as the concern for the Jewish communities and outposts. ā€œWe will not allow any Jew to be uprooted from his home. These are things that I have said and the Prime Minister said these things at the meeting of the Likud factionā€.
(COMMENT)

Oddly enough, the mantra here that "we will not allow any Jew to be uprooted from his home" is not so different from the Arab Palestinian mantra on the matter of indigenous control. These arguments are simply irrelevant.

Just My Thought,
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

BLUF: while it is a domestic decision on the part of the Israelis, I think the order of operation here is wrong. It is not for Israel to decide, but rather for the Arab Palestinians to decide if they want to be part of Israel.

I think they have it wrong. It is not a matter of Israel extending sovereignty, but for the Arab Palestinians of this area to ask Israel to accept them and cover them under Israeli sovereignty.

This is a careful consideration that must be made. There will be obligations, responsibilities, and consequences that must be considered.

Has a lot to do with Your another post from a week a go, about western standards and alternatives, pending a response as I've yet thought it through to understand clearly myself, before I can offer any detailed or somewhat clear vision. And in anyway I really appreciate Your willingness and input in continuing thinking together.

Consider this, and maybe we can agree or You can show me what I might be missing - even if they wanted to be Israeli citizens and part of Israel, would the be allowed to pronounce it openly? From me the answer is clearly no, before any politics, social norms won't allow.

It's perceived as a matter of honor, and even if that's what most really want,
they'll keep protesting as a matter of honor, while in practice quietly assimilating.

So what's the point in building conclusions,
courses of action based on that?

On the contrary, the biggest secret about the first intifada, is that it started as protest against Rabin's openly bragging about the Jordanian option. They couldn't say they wanted to stay under Israeli rule, but realized this was their only option escaping the path to self rule, even as they could have dominate the kingdom and in short time overpower the Hashemite royal family as revenge for the Black September, by simply accepting Jordanian citizenship, while staying where the were.

(COMMENT)

You cannot stake a claim over any territory based on the folklore of three millennia ago.

Egyptian forces (Pharaoh Thutmose III), at the Battle of Megiddo (ā‰ˆ 1457 BCE or ā‰ˆ 3,500 years ago) defeated the Canaanites for control over the Region which now includes the territory now called Palestine.

(COMMENT)

Oddly enough, the mantra here that "we will not allow any Jew to be uprooted from his home" is not so different from the Arab Palestinian mantra on the matter of indigenous control. These arguments are simply irrelevant.

Agree, it' would be ridiculous to claim anything based on mere folklore.
But I'm sure You neither suggest to ridicule Israel's claim by shallowly framing it as such,
because we've known each other for years already, conversing extensively on these subject in the context of history on this board, nor I'm sure You expect me to again expand on in it here.

Or in this case for MK Zohar to use the limited medium of his address to lecture on Jewish history, to mostly Jewish or pro-Israel audience. It's irrelevant as You said, for the standing.

Such addresses should be viewed in the context of the govt party, encouraging the public by expressing open support - as means of signaling a decisive change of attitude towards certain policies, and interchangeably their dependence on further expression of public support essential as the backbone required to firmly withstand foreign pressure while essentially realizing these vital goals.

Last edited:
RE: Apparent majority for Jordan Valley Sovereignty vote
āœā†’ rylah, et al,

Consider this, and maybe we can agree or You can show me what I might be missing - even if they wanted to be Israeli citizens and part of Israel, would the be allowed to pronounce it openly? From me the answer is clearly no, before any politics, social norms won't allow.
(COMMENT)

In my opinion, being prevented from openly expressing their point-of-view is to suggest that Israel is not capable of maintaining their HR Article 43 responsibilities (
measures to restore, and ensure public order and safety).

On the contrary, the biggest secret about the first intifada, is that it started as protest against Rabin's openly bragging about the Jordanian option. They couldn't say they wanted to stay under Israeli rule, but realized this was their only option escaping the path to self rule...
(COMMENT)

Three Points:

ā—ˆ I do not think there is such a thing as the "Jordanian Option." In 1950, the UN damaged that path when it openly opposed the Jordanian Annexation. Then in 1988, rather than negotiate with the Israelis, HM King Hussein dissolved Parliament and severed ties with the occupied West Bank (abandonment). I think that the political momentum for that option has long since passed.
ā—ˆ Currently, I do not think it is fair to say that the Arab Palestinians of the West Bank have really tasted what it means to be "Israeli" and all that should come with it (I think the Beduins have made a similar mistake). And I am wondering if the Israelis really understand the level of care, investment, and infrastructure repair that will be necessary to bring (Annexed) Judea and Samaria to the level required (to the equivalent Israeli community).
ā—ˆ And I think that the concept and protocol for Annexing Judea and Samaria is often expressed (at least in much of the media) backward. It should be that the Arab Palestinians of Judea and Samaria must take the lead, sever their ties with Ramallah and then seek acceptance for adoption from the Israeli people (practical implementation of self-determination).

There is simply no easy way to integrate Judea and Samaria (or any portions thereof) painlessly and seamlessly. It will be expensive politically, economically, and the same level of commitment that the Israelis had in the beginning.

Agree, it' would be ridiculous to claim anything based on mere folklore.
But I'm sure You neither suggest to ridicule Israel's claim by shallowly framing it as such,
(COMMENT)

The use of the term "folklore" was meant to convey the ideas that emerge from religiously inspired beliefs, specific customs practiced that have survived the millennia, and foundational concepts that have been passed through the generations (
from Oral Recitations to a form of Sacred Text).

Having said that, the Israelis already know that religious arguments
(promised by a Deity) are not universally accepted as fact and are an open invitation to opposition on the matter of the source. It is better to rest an argument on hard facts and an explanation of how a given dispute evolved.

In short,
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back