AOC and other 'Squad' members need to stop referring to Israel as an "apartheid state"

This little bitch and her fellow "squad" members need to stop creating hysteria about the legitimate state of Israel.

News|Israel-Palestine conflict

US legislator AOC calls Israel an ‘apartheid state’​

US progressives have criticised the Biden administration’s support for Israel amid its Gaza bombardment.

The fact is that 4.6 million Palestinians live under Israeli control but have no legal status in Israel. Until there is a two-state solution there is de facto segregation and that is a meaning of apartheid.
There are almost 2 million Arabs in Israel. They have full rights as Israeli citizens. Palestinians living in the Palestinian Territories have their own government
The Palestinian government is not sovereign, it is under Israeli authority. It is certainly no more sovereign than Washington, DC.
Not really. Mostly the Palestinians rule themselves. However while we’re on the subject of apartheid, no jooozs allowed in the Palestinian Territories, but that’s okay, right?
Palestinians need Israeli approval to build anything so, no, they don't rule themselves. You're wrong about Jews 'allowed' since there are plenty of settlements outside of Israel-proper that are for Jews only.
There are literally signs in the Palestinian territories that say that if you’re Jewish you may not enter and the Israeli government can not protect you if you do.
I suspect there are also places with signs that say that if you’re NOT Jewish you may not enter.

This little bitch and her fellow "squad" members need to stop creating hysteria about the legitimate state of Israel.

US progressives have criticised the Biden administration’s support for Israel amid its Gaza bombardment.

The fact is that 4.6 million Palestinians live under Israeli control but have no legal status in Israel. Until there is a two-state solution there is de facto segregation and that is a meaning of apartheid.
Like the way Christians are treated in Syria, Iraq, Iran....? Maybe they need a two-state solution as well.
It is probably very much like how the Christians are treated in Syria, Iraq, or Iran. Does that justify it?
So which do you think is the larger problem. Israel who remains peaceful unless provoked or the Palestinians/Arabs who have been exercising anti-Israel/Christian terrorism worldwide for decades? Iran, Iraq, Syria and the Palestinians have made no secret that they want to remove Israel from the face of the earth and have made innumerable unprovoked attacks on Israel.
I don't see it as good guys vs bad guys. Both sides want victory over the other. Until both sides want peace, there will never be peace.
I didn't say anything about good v. bad. I just stated facts. You have indicated that you come down squarely on the side of the greater number trying to exterminate the Israelis who, unless provoked, are peaceful. They are under constant attack. If it were me and enemy states threatened me with extermination--I wouldn't just defend, I would go on full scale offense. I think Israel is justified in decimating Gaza and taking it back.
I guess that is the difference between us, I'd prefer peace to war OR surrender OR annihilation.

There are almost 2 million Arabs in Israel. They have full rights as Israeli citizens. Palestinians living in the Palestinian Territories have their own government
The Palestinian government is not sovereign, it is under Israeli authority. It is certainly no more sovereign than Washington, DC.
Not really. Mostly the Palestinians rule themselves. However while we’re on the subject of apartheid, no jooozs allowed in the Palestinian Territories, but that’s okay, right?
Palestinians need Israeli approval to build anything so, no, they don't rule themselves. You're wrong about Jews 'allowed' since there are plenty of settlements outside of Israel-proper that are for Jews only.
There are literally signs in the Palestinian territories that say that if you’re Jewish you may not enter and the Israeli government can not protect you if you do.
I suspect there are also places with signs that say that if you’re NOT Jewish you may not enter.
HaHaHa, kind of like women being able to drive or be out alone at night in muslim countries or being inoculated or masked in this country, eh?

Of course Israel is an apartheid state. ... :cool:
Cars owned by Palestinians have a different colored license plate than cars owned by Israeli drivers.
Certain roads only allow cars with Israeli plates, and deny access to the cars with Palestinian colored plates.
Some areas have separate sidewalks enforced by armed police for Israeli and Palestinian people.
Gotta stop your pally terrorists somehow.

Like the way Christians are treated in Syria, Iraq, Iran....? Maybe they need a two-state solution as well.
It is probably very much like how the Christians are treated in Syria, Iraq, or Iran. Does that justify it?
So which do you think is the larger problem. Israel who remains peaceful unless provoked or the Palestinians/Arabs who have been exercising anti-Israel/Christian terrorism worldwide for decades? Iran, Iraq, Syria and the Palestinians have made no secret that they want to remove Israel from the face of the earth and have made innumerable unprovoked attacks on Israel.
I don't see it as good guys vs bad guys. Both sides want victory over the other. Until both sides want peace, there will never be peace.
I didn't say anything about good v. bad. I just stated facts. You have indicated that you come down squarely on the side of the greater number trying to exterminate the Israelis who, unless provoked, are peaceful. They are under constant attack. If it were me and enemy states threatened me with extermination--I wouldn't just defend, I would go on full scale offense. I think Israel is justified in decimating Gaza and taking it back.
I guess that is the difference between us, I'd prefer peace to war OR surrender OR annihilation.
Not at all, that is exactly what I profess. But, I do believe in self defense. You didn't answer my earlier question--what do you think Israel's response to over 1000 rockets being fired into its civilian areas should have been. "Thank you sir! May I have another?"

Why? That's what it is.

Not at all, that is exactly what I profess. But, I do believe in self defense. You didn't answer my earlier question--what do you think Israel's response to over 1000 rockets being fired into its civilian areas should have been. "Thank you sir! May I have another?"
Israel was justified in retaliating for the rockets by bombing Gaza. Will Hamas be justified in retaliating for the bombing of Gaza? Yes of course they will and the cycle will continue.

The rockets of the last few days are not what started the conflict, they are just the latest round. Until both sides decide that peace is possible and defeating the other side is impossible the cycle will continue. The countries that are enabling the two sides must say 'no more'. We are on one side.

Unless from New York, you can usually ignore her and all "the squad", most of the country does, as just an irritant.

The problem is AOC and her fellow idiots get national exposure every single day, so what they say gets media attention.

This whole thing is Netanyahu trying to stay in power

Unless from New York, you can usually ignore her and all "the squad", most of the country does, as just an irritant.

The problem is AOC and her fellow idiots get national exposure every single day, so what they say gets media attention.
Media attention does not equate to national agreement nor will it ever.

I agree, but she's given a stage and microphone that few other politicians enjoy.

I agree, but she's given a stage and microphone that few other politicians enjoy.
Yes, but I think any of them could have a microphone most any time they wanted it. Some like AOC and the the rest of the Odd Squad just don't know when to keep their mouth shut or shut up once the opening. I've been a youth leader and sometime when it's hard to discipline other people's kids, I've just had to ignore them when they wanted attention and concentrate on the rest of the group.

Israel is an aparthied state. This isn't about anti semitism. Its about human decency.

Those entities have the right to call Israel anything they wish.

And Israel has the right to ignore them and to keep on doing on what it wants.

Personally, I hope Israel stays 75% Jewish and is even able to increase that percentage.

If anyone does not like Israel's policies, that is their problem, not Israel's.

Israel was justified in retaliating for the rockets by bombing Gaza. Will Hamas be justified in retaliating for the bombing of Gaza? Yes of course they will and the cycle will continue.

The rockets of the last few days are not what started the conflict, they are just the latest round. Until both sides decide that peace is possible and defeating the other side is impossible the cycle will continue. The countries that are enabling the two sides must say 'no more'. We are on one side.

Bibi orchestrated this crisis.. He's trying to hang on to power.

And Hamas fell right into his trap.

Hamas, evil and stupid.

Those entities have the right to call Israel anything they wish.

And Israel has the right to ignore them and to keep on doing on what it wants.

Personally, I hope Israel stays 75% Jewish and is even able to increase that percentage.

If anyone does not like Israel's policies, that is their problem, not Israel's.

And Hamas fell right into his trap.

Hamas, evil and stupid.

They work for Israel.

The fact is that 4.6 million Palestinians live under Israeli control but have no legal status in Israel.
you mean the West Bank?

Thats occupied territory due to the Arabs losing so many wars

AOC is not helping matters by spewing bilious rhetoric. Another elected rep focused on her media soundbite..

Forum List

Back