Anyone wonder why interest in sports continues to slide?

Is it because PROGS inject politics into everything and ruin everything they touch?
Perhaps, it is the same reason that plantation economy fizzled. Uppity folks demanded human dignity, and progressive Americans took up their cause.

Meanwhile, sedentary dudes seeking vicarious pleasures can still sit on their trumpers and thrill to the spectacle of sweaty young men cavorting.

Last edited:
Is it because PROGS inject politics into everything and ruin everything they touch?

I certainly don't wonder as it is obvious. I've turned from an avid sportster to a sports hater. I used to go to live games, watch on TV, and buy sports merchandise but I basically quit cold turkey. I'm not paying these people to disrespect our flag, our country, and preach wokeism down to me. I watched sports for entertainment. If I wanted to get preached down to by the left all I have to do is turn on the 6:30 MSM news. The stupidest thing is that the biggest percentage of sports enthusiasts were not liberal progressives so it is rather dumbfounding that the teams, owners, leagues, etc are alienating the very people who paid them their salaries. So, no, I don't wonder why sports viewership is on the decline.

Again I’ll say. Only whiney little drama queens are effected by this. Who gives a shit if a player is taking a knee before the game or wearing purple shoes to support a cause. If you like football then watch football. Little daisys who get butthurt about what kids are protesting don’t really matter. Y’all are kooky enough as it is, the sports will do just fine without you watching

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, you never say anything valuable. This time I stopped reading at your first bitch sentence.

again - if you're going to support the right to protest, then you support the right to protest REGARDLESS Of what they are protesting.

bitching about people doing something you fight for under another viewpoint is the core of why we're all so divided today.

Best to ignore Slade right, he's just a simple head who bitches projecting on others.

Ohio State and Oklahoma have played 4 times, twice in Columbus and twice in Norman. Incredibly, the home team lost all four games.
The first was the biggest as it represented not only three of the greatest eras in college football (Woody Hayes, Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer) but it was the top two winningest teams post-WWII.

For people who "don't care" about sports, you guys seem to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Who in the thread said they weren't interested in sports? Typical leftist snarky reply to something no one said

Forum List

Back