Anyone thinking of selling some stock today?

All the money in the world won't help you if you can't access it, or it dwindles down to nothing. It's only paper: You can't eat it, nobody will trade you anything for it, and all it's good for is starting a fire to keep warm.

Worse than that, anyone with a gun could just come along and take it way from you. Maybe one of those illegals Texas or Florida is sending to your neighborhood, who knows? But the truth is that when the shit hits the fan, people will be be rummaging through whatever's left of your shit, looking for something they can use.
Who says I'll even be here? I have options, and I have a passport. Without capital, I'd be stranded. But I'm not.

Except you're older than I am, stupid. :laugh:

Make some more shit up ... I encourage you.
Just try to be more creative, instead of a pathetic piece of shit that isn't even funny ... :thup:

Damn ... You better put the training wheels back on.

Course not. If you feel comfortable selling now do it especially if you are ahead. I
“Ahead” is a relative term. I’m down about 10% from where I was three years ago (having lost all my gain in the last several months), and down about 20% since the start of the year. I am, of course, ahead of my purchase prices from 5 and 10 years ago.

One of my funds is UP almost 10x from where I bought it 15 years ago, even though it lost about a third since the start of the year. Maybe I’ll cash out some of that.

“Ahead” is a relative term. I’m down about 10% from where I was three years ago (having lost all my gain in the last several months), and down about 20% since the start of the year. I am, of course, ahead of my purchase prices from 5 and 10 years ago.

One of my funds is UP almost 10x from where I bought it 15 years ago, even though it lost about a third since the start of the year. Maybe I’ll cash out some of that.
Quantative reduction is a bitch.

Who says I'll even be here? I have options, and I have a passport. Without capital, I'd be stranded. But I'm not.

Well aren't you the international man of mystery? :laughing0301:

You should probably be aware: When the shit hits the fan, the rest of the world is going to be a far worse place than the US. They'd probably cook you and eat you.

Well aren't you the international man of mystery? :laughing0301:

You should probably be aware: When the shit hits the fan, the rest of the world is going to be a far worse place than the US. They'd probably cook you and eat you.

You keep dreaming your dystopian fantasy on your country lot in Jerkwater, Wisconsin.

I'll be fine.

Not always. That’s the problem.

A hedge just provides a certain level of security in the asset.
Gold and Silver may vary in price and rate of exchange ... But retain some of their actual value simply in what they are ...
As with any precious metal or tangible asset.

Might be good idea. When everyone heads for the exits it'll be too late

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.

I bought some actually, really good bargains out there right now.

Forum List

Back