Anyone thinking of selling some stock today?

I’m feeling sick today. I can’t believe what these idiots have done to our country. It’s unrecognizable.

I heard that Russia has lowered it standards for immigration, perhaps you might think about moving.

“Ahead” is a relative term. I’m down about 10% from where I was three years ago (having lost all my gain in the last several months), and down about 20% since the start of the year. I am, of course, ahead of my purchase prices from 5 and 10 years ago.

One of my funds is UP almost 10x from where I bought it 15 years ago, even though it lost about a third since the start of the year. Maybe I’ll cash out some of that.

Remember you are taxed on all the gains once you cash out

Might be good idea. When everyone heads for the exits it'll be too late

Everyone will not ever had to the exits. This is the time the really rich get exponentially richer, buying up the stock while people like you and Lisa flee the market.

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.
I have very little in the markets. I sold everything off early-mid 2021.
Talked about that before.
I am way too liquid than I would like, but what the hell would you buy now? Real Estate? HAhahah - yeah... no.
We are not heading in a good direction. This administration is doubling/tripling down on spend spend spend ta a time of decades long high inflation. This will not end well.

I have very little in the markets. I sold everything off early-mid 2021.
Talked about that before.
I am way too liquid than I would like, but what the hell would you buy now? Real Estate? HAhahah - yeah... no.
We are not heading in a good direction. This administration is doubling/tripling down on spend spend spend ta a time of decades long high inflation. This will not end well.
Things will continue in a downward spiral until sanity is restored. Congress is just throwing more gasoline on the fire.

You are spot on. There are always bargains out there.
There is, but for several years now - it requires you to spend hours a day - everyday - to find deals and sell other past deals before you lose your investment. It is a pure game now. And the game requires a LOT of time deciding on your moves and you must stay diligent when your are chasing the percentages.

Everyone will not ever had to the exits. This is the time the really rich get exponentially richer, buying up the stock while people like you and Lisa flee the market.
Don’t be an idiot. Did I say I was fleeing the market? I’m thinking of raising enough in cash to get us through the Democrat inflation years. I also am concerned about a big drop should the worst happen and the Dems keep both chambers of Congress.

Don’t be an idiot. Did I say I was fleeing the market? I’m thinking of raising enough in cash to get us through the Democrat inflation years. I also am concerned about a big drop should the worst happen and the Dems keep both chambers of Congress.

The person I responded to said this " When everyone heads for the exits it'll be too late"....perhaps you should call him the idiot and not me for telling him that everyone will not flee the markets.

Or not, your choice

Forum List

Back